Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 09:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Need to fly to Netherlands, but VFS appointment unavailable | Now what?

I applied for an Austria visa last week. Call the VFS guys and check if walk in slots are available. Offer up saying that you are happy to use their premium lounge and be persistent. In my case they allowed me to walk in but only on the condition that i cough up an additional 5k for their premium lounge.

What worked for me was that i got it on a mail that they will allow me to walk in. despite that mail, i had to haggle a lot and had to speak to their center manager at BKC.

If they refuse to confirm a walk in then it looks tough, as appointments are just not available and your application should be from the port of entry.
AP_1812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 11:16   #17
BHPian

I too had a similar case with them for the UK, they did give a " priority" visa appointment and at the center said they can't promise delivery of the same in the stated period. I had to withdraw the submission and I am still fighting with them for refund of the fees, which is their stated policy
skrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:43   #18
BHPian

The VISA situation is dire all across. Was looking to apply for a B1 for some project related meetings etc. in the US but the earliest slot is in August across multiple centres. Do we have any other options?
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Hi. The appointment reservation at VFS is not working. I need to attend a conference in Netherlands and (costly) tickets have already been purchased. Intended date of travel: May 30. Conference date: June 1-2. There are a few problems:
Hey @ach1lles,

Coincidentally I am also travelling to Netherlands same time as you😉. Hopefully I will be able to go to VFS Mumbai on Tuesday 10th May if my employer manages to arrange few documents in time. I can check for you at VFS center if they are allowing walk-ins. Will let you know.
ransomware is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:54   #20
BHPian

After reading all the comments it sounds horrible. It seems all of these countries just don't want anyone to visit them, especially Indians. If getting a visa appointment at a third party facilitator is so difficult, its clear the host countries don't really care.

I was thinking of a trip to either Switzerland or US in near future. Guess the first thing I'll have to do is get visa before I book anything. But it's a chicken and egg situation isn't it?

How wonderful it would be to hold a passport that allows you visa free travel to most countries of the world. Just buy the tickets and get on a plane.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 13:18   #21
BHPian

Yes, the Visa situation is dire all across I understand, not just in EU.
I am surprised that even walk-ins have been allowed as some member suggested.
At Shivaji stadium centre, Delhi they asked me to show proof of appointment before allowing entry.

Only recourse is if you have some serious high level connect at the Embassy. Writing/ emailing will elicit a standard reply.
Exhuberance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 13:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

For UK visa applications, does anyone know how soon an appointment is available via VFS in Bangalore/Chennai?
Old 8th May 2022, 18:12   #23
BHPian

So I noticed you want to go to Netherland but you are trying for the visa at different European countries. Until pre covid EU countries were very strict about passenger either entering from the country where they got the visa or are spending a major part of their trip in the country they got the visa from. I know someone who was sent back from Spain because his visa was issued from the French embassy. So pls verify about this before you leave.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 20:33   #24
BHPian

I somehow, got appointment for Schengen VISA entry port - Germany.
Submitted all docs, My scheduled travel was yesterday, still haven't received VISA. I expected this, my Company insisted for above dates.
Also i came across few aspirants, whose VISA got rejected because of COVAXIN, so keeping my fingers crossed[Since i was also vaccinated COVAXIN - 3 Doses]. Had to write another letter on the spot, requesting Mumbai consulate to grant me VISA.
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:24   #25

I have an appointment for Netherlands visa in VFS Chennai. Tentative travel is 2nd week of June. When I initially checked(27th April), no dates were available before 3rd June but if I kept checking 4-5 times a day. For me after checking for 2 days (29th May), I got a slot for 10th May (Earlier slot for 4th May was also available but it would have been difficult to complete paperwork).
So I would suggest keep checking for slots especially in VFS Hyderabad and Chennai centre and you can be lucky to get an earlier slot.
TheOperator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
For UK visa applications, does anyone know how soon an appointment is available via VFS in Bangalore/Chennai?
Isn't UK visa a separate process? IMO VFS global doesn't handle UK visa.
That's what i seem to remember from parents' EU tour 3 years back.
Old 9th May 2022, 10:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Isn't UK visa a separate process? IMO VFS global doesn't handle UK visa.
That's what i seem to remember from parents' EU tour 3 years back.
No, it's still VFS I believe - for example here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/gbr/attend-centre

Annoyingly, the calendar of appointments is only visible after you do the initial application process.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:15   #28
BHPian

Looks like multiple factors are contributing to the delay.

Quote:
Many countries are prioritising processing visa to citizens looking to leave Ukraine, which has led to an increase in the visa processing time for tourists
Quote:
He added that the outbreak of new waves of the COVID-19 pandemic in different parts of the world is also causing a delay in visa processing.
Quote:
Another senior official from a visa processing firm added that countries are prioritising rolling out visas for working professionals and students first before looking at visit visas, which has led to an increase in visa processing times across the world.
Link
Old 9th May 2022, 11:27   #29
BHPian

Had same issue, went to Danish embassy (my company had a branch there) and hence got the invitation. First landing they said should happen in Denmark but I took the risk and flew into Amsterdam without any problems at all.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:48   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator View Post
I have an appointment for Netherlands visa in VFS Chennai. Tentative travel is 2nd week of June. When I initially checked(27th April), no dates were available before 3rd June but if I kept checking 4-5 times a day. For me after checking for 2 days (29th May), I got a slot for 10th May (Earlier slot for 4th May was also available but it would have been difficult to complete paperwork).
So I would suggest keep checking for slots especially in VFS Hyderabad and Chennai centre and you can be lucky to get an earlier slot.
Its 29th April instead of 29th May. Sorry for the typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
No, it's still VFS I believe - for example here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/gbr/attend-centre

Annoyingly, the calendar of appointments is only visible after you do the initial application process.
On the first page when you select a VFS centre and visa type, it does show earliest avaipable appointment date.
TheOperator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks