Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 12:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Simply solution, Marry your GF, Cops dont attack married couples...
Nah man that is even worse than cops..

""There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is going through hell.""
Old 18th June 2007, 12:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I dont know whether this response goes well with other members, but I honestly believe one should avoid parks at night. These parks turn into grounds for all sorts of activities post sunset. Since we are all aware of this, it is better to avoid them completely. The other day, I was walking back home past the Lakshman Rao park (Nanda road park) at night and found people taking drugs, pro's, people completely drunk, etc and ofcourse the very own hoysala (police patrol). It is really bad. Why take chances?
I agree with Kvish here, stay aways from parks and talking inside stationary car with dark tints in a secluded place, all these call for a reason to suspect and harassment.

Why not use these coffee shops, Book shops like oxford and avoid these nasty experiences.

I read somewhere:
Quote:
In America, its acceptable to Kiss in Public but not acceptable to pee in public

In India, its acceptable to pee and s hit in public but not acceptable to Kiss in public.
That how much cultural difference we have

Last edited by dadu : 18th June 2007 at 12:26.
Old 18th June 2007, 16:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Being from the US, I'm sure you know that parks there are also quite unsafe late at night. The cops are definitely well behaved there, from what I've seen. :-)
yeah but in the us you can do all of these things there and no one bats an eye..so you dont need to go to a park. Yeah im from ramaiah..and live in rmv. I would hang out at my girl's
place but she is in a pg..so no guys allowed. I dont have a car..only a bike.
Old 18th June 2007, 20:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

It happened to me too!

This is exactly what happened to me in 2005.
I was in B'lore for my wedding, and my fiance & I had gone to meet a common friend in Wilson Garden. On our way back, we stopped in Koramangala, and I was on the phone with a friend. I didn't want to hold up traffic, so I moved into a side lane in front of houses.

5 mins later, 2 cops show up on a bike, and ask me to get out of the car. They asked me who I was..who the girl with me was, and demanded that I go to the police station. They thought that I was upto some mischief,since there had been some thefts in the area,and the miscreants were in a car watching people leave their houses..

I told them I was down from the US,and that we were gonna be married in 4 days.They didn't seem convinced and were about to call for back-up.I knew that these guys wanted money,and all I had was Rs100. Told them to pack off,and they were glad they got their 'quarter' sponsored !

I was really hoping to get into something like this during my last trip, so that I'd be able to teach those rogues a lesson... { i even decided to keep a copy of my marriage certificate with me, just in case}.

Finally, I decided against it...coz i'd have to then teach 95% of the cops in B'lore.... can't do that!
Old 18th June 2007, 21:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

A cop tried this stunt with me when i was 17 years old, the day my boards finished, obviously i was quite young back then and didnt know much and didnt have money to give them, they took my number(granted i was in car and my license read i was 21, when i was 17) anyhow, they started blackmailing me and they called up home saying they were my friends. My father picked up the phone once and got suspicious because they were talking in their typical gavar fashion, so he asked me, i told him the whole thing. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for me, my dad knows the right people. He called the 2 cops, god knows how he found them, called me into his office with the senior police official and jhadood the cops like crazy, even slapped both of them while his superior was sitting and watching, they even got suspended or kicked out of the force, anyhow..they learnt their lessons and i learnt mine , not to be out in public in deserted areas late in the evening especially when the backside of the scene was delhi's biggest whore house, LSR and some other college..(didnt know then)
Old 19th June 2007, 11:16   #21
BHPian

Aah, I think all that "dating allowance controversy" news has gone down well with these cops than we all imagined!
Old 19th June 2007, 12:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Simply solution, Marry your GF, Cops dont attack married couples...
Mumbai cops don't agree with you!
Old 19th June 2007, 14:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Simply solution, Marry your GF, Cops don't attack married couples...

Abhi
or marry a cop of the opposite sex.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:32   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I suggest you watch "Waisa Bhi Hota hai - II"
Old 19th June 2007, 14:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Now, thats something worth considering specially if you can find an IPS.
Old 19th June 2007, 17:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Been there, went thru that. Except we were inside a car with the engine and A/C running.

What I learnt is that when you are in Rome act like the Romans do. Park is the last place you want to be after the sun goes down. Like someone mentioned, that the main purpose of a coffee shop..having coffee is secondary.
Old 19th June 2007, 20:23   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Now, thats something worth considering specially if you can find an IPS.
I know someone who did that except he had to marry her as a baby was coming faster than planned
Old 20th June 2007, 01:04   #28
BHPian

hey cali its better to avoid such kind of parks...there is a park in btm layout just behind mass field here all sorts of couples come and indulge in all sorts of things like kissing, romping so residents around have complained so the park closes at 7pm...this is common in bangalore

like they say
pissing on the road is legal in india
but
kissing is not
Old 20th June 2007, 01:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know someone who did that except he had to marry her as a baby was coming faster than planned
I heard that one before, was that in chennai ??
Old 5th July 2007, 14:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yea Cali....I agree with chetan here that post sunset many unsolicited and immoral activities do happen and believe me as i stay in Koramangala 6thBlock where such things happen even with the police station meters away from the park. And cops here are real cheap and tend to drain every penny off you...so better avoid such places dude...best is to sit in coffee shops..."prevention is always better than cure"

Most Viewed