Team-BHP - Need a clarification - LMV / Goods Carrier?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Need a clarification - LMV / Goods Carrier? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/25640-need-clarification-lmv-goods-carrier.html)

We have a 3 wheeler goods carrier registered with our company. On the registration certificate its says -

Class of vehicle - Light Motor Vehicle
Maker's Class - Bajaj Pick up van
Vehicle description of body - Van pick up
Fuel used - Diesel :Shockked:

Also there is a Form 38 in order - Certificate of fitness (applicable in case of Transport vehicles only).

Yesterday the traffic cop stopped the driver and took 300 bucks for not having displayed "Goods Carrier" on the vehicle.

Is displaying "Good Carrier" mandatory on transport vehicle ? Was the cop justified in stopping the tempo for this reason ?

@ N_C - that could be a reason. the private carriers of LG, HLL, etc have "private carrier" written on them (in Kol atleast) - so i think it is better to have "private carrier" written on the tempo - if you are using it for private use (for your own business).

i think "goods carrier" is applicable to those vehicles owned by a transport / carrier company.

Did your driver get a receipt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 481064)
Did your driver get a receipt?

If there is no receipt then the money has gone into the policewala pocket

All our trucks and mahindera pik ups have good carrier written on them so i think the rules are same all over India

but did your driver get a receipt

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 481033)
We have a 3 wheeler goods carrier registered with our company. On the registration certificate its says -

Class of vehicle - Light Motor Vehicle
Maker's Class - Bajaj Pick up van
Vehicle description of body - Van pick up
Fuel used - Diesel :Shockked:

Also there is a Form 38 in order - Certificate of fitness (applicable in case of Transport vehicles only).

Yesterday the traffic cop stopped the driver and took 300 bucks for not having displayed "Goods Carrier" on the vehicle.

Is displaying "Good Carrier" mandatory on transport vehicle ? Was the cop justified in stopping the tempo for this reason ?

What color is your numberplate?? If yellow and black..then goods carrier painting is not necessary! especially if for your companys own use!

The number plate is yellow and receipt ? whats that ? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 481206)

the normal challan which is issued when there is a offense

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 481206)

Oh OK! Then also keep in mind that the driver might be pulling a fast one on you!

Ishaan - that possibilty has been checked and rechecked and ruled out.

NC,
I dont think it is necessary as even we have 2 of these 3 wheelers and a ACE. We have not put any goods carrier sticker on it. If it was mandatory then the dealers selling the vehicle would have told you about it.. Wasnt told to me so I think the COP just pulled a fast one and made a quick buck..
Cheerss

If there was such a rule, you would have got a challan receipt, otherwise the cop will take his family to movie show