Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield launches NFTs priced at Rs 15,000

Royal Enfield has announced its entry into the NFT space. The newly introduced NFTs are inspired by the Arts of Motorcycling (AOM) program and cost Rs 15,000.

Royal Enfield launches NFTs priced at Rs 15,000-2_page0037.jpg

The NFTs feature 10 winning artworks from seasons 1 and 2 of the AOM program. The proceeds from the sales will go directly to the artists. The copyrights for these NFTs will be held by Royal Enfield.

NFT or Non-Fungible Token is a digital token based on blockchain technology. Each token is unique and non-interchangeable. Customers will be able to purchase them on the Foundation marketplace.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:48   #2
BANNED

Re: Royal Enfield launches NFTs priced at Rs 15,000

RE missed the boat with NFTs, the hypetrain has moved on and the recession is right around the corner if not already.
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:50   #3
BHPian

If somebody more learned than me can shed light :-
1) What do these NFTs "do" exactly?
2) Is it a physical artwork, or a digital file, if the latter, then in what format?
3) If one purchases an NFT, doesn't one get full copyright & ownership of the same? How can RE keep the copyright with themselves? Then what is the purchaser paying money for?
superbad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

As usual, Royal Enfield is too late to the party, just as it is in implementing new tech in their bikes. The NFT hype train left the station looong ago and barely anyone is foolish enough to still buy into this pump and dump crap.
Old 24th September 2022, 15:49   #5
BHPian

I don’t understand this. I’ve been on the NFT fence for a while and arguably luckily didn’t take the plunge looking at how the NFT and crypto winter has set in. So I’m not entirely clueless. It therefore puzzles me as to why anyone would buy an NFT which doesn’t come with the copyright. That just seems contradictory to me. For art, the most basic NFT is proof of ownership and copyright. Why would anyone buy this? What am I not getting here? Is this just a(nother) RE gimmick? At just 15k and 10 nos I’m sure any of their fanbois could pick it up but it just seems both strange and a missed opportunity to do it right (if one wanted to do it at all).
Old 24th September 2022, 18:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

There were soooo many ideas to experiment with for RE with NFTs. Some I can think about in top of my head are.
  • Priority access to limited / exclusive editions.
  • Priority delivery of vehicles.
  • Discount on accessories.

With these utilities, the NFT will garner a lot of attention and value. Plus RE would have been able to earn money from secondary sales of the NFTs also.

I think all brands in India are playing it safe (because of the fear of the government), but want to get onto the hype boat. Hence the half hearted efforts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks