Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 15:33   #16
BHPian

Re: What's your organization's 'Return To Office' (RTO) policy?

Technology MNC, which had pretty robust WFH Infra even before the pandemic:

Have gotten into an evolving Hybrid Model where initially we started with x no. of days/week but over the time have softened the stance to team level alignment on if/when there is a genuine requirement to be at office.

Having said that, there's a tremendous interest in team building activities and face to face meetings, so while normally people may not commute, we have a high turn out when we have any large group meetings.

The flip side is that there is still some population which is not back to the base location, and managers are wary trying to impose a strict return guidance.

Overall leadership support varies significantly from team to team so there are many "flavours" of hybrid active.

So in short we're pretty chill as long as deliverables are being met.
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 15:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Announced permanent wfh in 2019 and will continue.
Can move to any country where we have office. If it's a self move we need to take care of visa expenses. Can work anywhere in India without any compensation hit.
Wow! Now that's really forward thinking! Care to share which firm is this? I'm guessing the employee strength is less and the org's area of work is something that can be (majorly) done virtually.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 16:43   #18
BHPian

I work in research and consulting, and this is my first job (started in mid-July). The company recruited a lot of people through campus placements and called us to office in July for the mandatory training and incubation period of 3 months and also so that managers/mentors can handhold and guide us through at least 2 live projects and ensure that we learn the work properly.

The company has a complete work from home policy otherwise (implemented during COVID), and now that I'm done with several live projects, I'll be moving back to my hometown tomorrow. No pay cuts.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Can move to any country where we have office.
This is seriously brilliant! There are companies (including mine) that are ok with employees working from anywhere in the country. Actually we don't even have an office anymore- we rent meeting rooms whenever it's necessary for people to meet. But allowing employees to work from outside the country is very unique. Kudos to your employer and HR for making this work. I always assumed taxation and hardware ("bonded warehouse" items like laptops being taken out of the country) issues would not allow this to be possible.

Last edited by am1m : 27th September 2022 at 17:26.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Customer facing travelling roles - permanent work from home
Global roles - permanent work from home

Role with team interaction - hybrid model - at least 10 days in office spread across month (no pattern suggested)

New office has less seats compared old and one has to book desks in advance!
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 07:32   #21

Tech MNC, hybrid model is the norm with people being encouraged to come to office as per the project req (twice in a week/once in a fortnight/any combination that works). All pre-covid desk allotments nullified and one has to book a desk/conf room prior to the visit as per the need.
New offices inaugaurated in non metro cities thus giving option to people to work in closer from home base locations when needed.
aps88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

My company has moved to total Hybrid model with following exceptions

Interns and trainees need to be in office for the duration of their training.
A lot of support folks need to work from office or at least 2-3 times a week

Majority can work wherever but if they are in a city with where we have a flexispace, they are expected to come in on a Friday. Our senior management regularly visit these places to for contact sessions. All are required to come to Bangalore for Porfoilio, New Project engagements etc every quarter for 2-3 days.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 15:50   #23
AZT
BHPian

Work in a Big 4 firm. Rules vary across service lines (SL) but minimum 2 days a week in office. My SL has a 3 day mandate. Days are fixed depending on the SL leader decision. No ones happy with the fixed days policy and Friday being one of the mandated days. Policy wont be reviewed till year end.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 19:55   #24

Work for a US based media firm, in their Bangalore(Ecoworld tech park) based support office(500 head count). We have been WFH completely as of now.
A hybrid model is being planned but has been in the works for over a year now. There is divide among the decision makers and major push for permanent WFH from employees who have shifted back to their hometowns. The lease on our office space is coming to end in couple of months and a decision on keeping the facility or moving to a smaller facility has to be made soon. Waiting to see how it transpires
I personally would prefer a hybrid model to get the best of both worlds.
Old 29th September 2022, 00:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Work for a multi-national investment management firm. We have a global policy of 3 days a week in the office. There is no strict tracking or enforcement as of now but it has been communicated that exceptions will need manager approval. Employees have the flexibility to choose the 3 days.
Old 29th September 2022, 09:04   #26
BHPian

Work for an International Organization. Our organization is moving to a hybrid model where we will be working 2 days from office from next month onwards.
Old 29th September 2022, 09:29   #27
BHPian

Labouring in a construction design consultancy firm, been working from home since covid but expected to be 50% in office from next week due to SEZ rules.
The location is in terrible part of the city and commuting is a pain, trying hard to postpone the office joining. With the central govt mulling 100% work from home, hopefully it materializes else employees be damned.
Old 29th September 2022, 09:37   #28
PVS
BHPian

In our place of work, (Software Consulting and Development Services), its a 3-day physical presence at office on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. However, footfall continue to be low with daily average attendance in office hovering at around 40%. I rarely go to the office now
Old 29th September 2022, 09:45   #29
BHPian

I work for a US based org with my office in EcoWorld. It's a hybrid model for us and managers are "encouraged" to call in team at least twice a month. Not a written rule but that's the message being passed on.
Having said that, we are tied up with WorkInSync ( https://www.workinsync.io/ ) for workspace and meeting room management of our office space. Book a slot, book a working space and visit office.

I am the late 90's guy who entered IT and Ken Thompson (UNIX) and Dennis Ritchie (C) were my gods then. Ken surely predicted the Internet wave. But man, if cinema tickets over an app was an unheard dream, what I do call book an office seat via an app and go work?

Different world ! Totally a different world
Old 29th September 2022, 09:45   #30
BHPian

Working for a European consulting firm. They started with strong suggestions of minimum 2 days mandatory WFO in April itself. This was then revised, sometime August, to optional for WFO for employees with valid reasons since the attrition went through the roof.
Now, leaders (mostly operating overseas) are comfortable with WFH as long as there is no disruption in work. But local managers etc expect employees to show up atleast once a week and or days when it a an HR mandate.
Speaking personally, I try to be there once a week to connect with my delivery team. Other days I have a very valid reason of WFH with travel time ranging between 3-4 hours (pretty standard in Bangalore)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks