Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:05   #1531
BANNED

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Finished watching Shetland (season 3). More or less a police procedural but the locales makes it engaging. The difference in season 3 is that it has been bitten by the broadchurch effect. Same murder case is solved in 6 episodes unlike the previous seasons. for the sake of variety, started watching a british sitcom: I Want My Wife Back. It stars Ben Miller (he was Rowan Atkinson's side kick in the Johnny English movies). Good one to pass time. Waiting for BBC produced SS-GB the tv series to start on air.
There's seems to be an error - typo or otherwise - in the Mail Online write-up on the BBC production of SS-GB (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-won-war.html). The write-up says "has been adapted from the novel by Bafta award-winners Neal Purvis and Robert Wade".
Since the novel itself is a Len Deighton (a Britisher) classic, it is odd that such an error passed the editors! Perhaps the quality of journalistic English in the British tabloids is no better than ours!
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:00   #1532
BHPian

Watched second episode of the latest season of GoT. Good comeback after the first one - which was nothing short of a debacle.

New characters are brought in. The story moved forward on almost on all the fronts. The episode title ‘Home’ is perfectly fitting. I hope we get to know more now about the times, earlier than when this series started.

Peter Dinklage is yet to attain his charm in this season, which I so very much adore. Overall things are on roll.

Bring it on.
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:20   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Started watching "Narcos". Has this series got its due?

Another one that's going on nicely is "The Night Manager", a 6 part mini series.
Thanks for the recommendation. I really liked 'The Night Manager'. Almost bondesque in its approach.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:03   #1534
BHPian

Finished watching 'Better Call Saul' Season 2, somehow was not impressed with this season at all. Even in 2 seasons the story has not progressed much, and there is no fun element yet. Maybe I'm comparing to the super awesome 'Breaking Bad' series, but overall had higher hopes!
Old 4th May 2016, 11:30   #1535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Finished watching 'Better Call Saul' Season 2, somehow was not impressed with this season at all. Even in 2 seasons the story has not progressed much, and there is no fun element yet. Maybe I'm comparing to the super awesome 'Breaking Bad' series, but overall had higher hopes!
Had the same feeling. But if you recall Breaking Bad too was quite slow the first 2 seasons. It was only the third season onwards that the show really picked up and the crazy stuff started. I expect the same with Better Call Saul.
Old 4th May 2016, 13:49   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah but comeon, it is just building up! Can you not feel the tightness in your stomach when some of the important characters from BB are showing up? I love BCS - it is building up slowly but surely. Love it.
Old 4th May 2016, 14:19   #1537
BHPian

Having read almost all Perry Mason books, now watching Perry Mason series in black and white from last century. Quite good - 3.5/5

Wild Wild West movie is based on TV series by same name, watching it these days. Nice 3/5

Yesterday read the CBS announcement of new Star Trek series to air from 2017. Can't wait, hopefully it will be with Kirk as captain!

Last edited by heydj : 4th May 2016 at 14:20.
Old 4th May 2016, 19:45   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Having read almost all Perry Mason books, now watching Perry Mason series in black and white from last century. Quite good - 3.5/5

You are a connoisseur! I have been looking for this series but unable to source yet. The other I am searching for is: "Peter Gunn"
Old 5th May 2016, 16:04   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Had the same feeling. But if you recall Breaking Bad too was quite slow the first 2 seasons. It was only the third season onwards that the show really picked up and the crazy stuff started. I expect the same with Better Call Saul.
First season of BB was extremely slow, sometimes evoking yawns, yet there was a story. In BCS, even after two seasons, the story is still building up. I would be glad if this whole affair with Chuck and Kim is cut short and get to the point when Jimmy becomes Saul. It is still interesting to watch.
Old 7th May 2016, 11:23   #1540
BHPian

I don't know if its been discussed here or not but guys have you watched any of the web series on YouTube by TVF.

I have watched their Aadha 24, TVF pitchers, Permanent roommates and loved each one of them!. Quality content with some great acting. Makes me say that not all Hindi TV series are bad.
Do give it a try.
Old 9th May 2016, 23:18   #1541
BHPian

Just saw "Ófærð" (on BBC as "Trapped"), an Icelandic crime/police drama set in an idyllic snowed-in town where the discovery of a mutilated corpse brings out the town's dark underbelly. Those who loved the story and the empty landscapes of Fargo (the movie) will enjoy this too. IMDB rating: 8.3
Old 10th May 2016, 16:17   #1542
Team-BHP Support

Finished both seasons of Daredevil. And I finished the series only because I started it. The fight scenes became boring & bollywood-ish after a while and my interest started waning.

I don't think I will watch the third season.

The Night Manager
is next on the list.
Old 10th May 2016, 16:19   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
I have been looking for this series but unable to source yet."
I am surprised you not able to find this series. Its readily available over the internet.
Old 15th May 2016, 15:36   #1544
BHPian

Silicon Valley

Finished watching two seasons and caught up season 3 which is on air currently. Normally don't watch sitcoms but this is a great series.
Old 15th May 2016, 17:54   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Completely agreed! The Storyline progress was quite slow and it didn't even had any wow moments. Infact, I had stopped watching it after the 5th Episode but then Binge watched them all just for the sake of completing it. Just hope the pace in 3rd season is good with a better storyline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks