Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 18:49   #1786
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Anyone here watched Banshee? I have been trying to watch season 4 but nowhere can I find it. Great storyline albeit a bit violent.
Yes, loved the first three seasons. It's been discussed on this thread before. Or you can ping Gannu_1. He is the biggest Banshee fan ever
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 19:41   #1787
Team-BHP Support

Started watching House of Cards, Season 5 last night.

Two episodes in, and it's not gripping as the earlier seasons were.

The theme has gotten repetitive and the Underwoods' although dark since season 1, seem to be more vengeful now.

It is extremely hard to keep up with something that has become sort of a cult classic but I think the change in writers seems to be showing.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 13:14   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yes, loved the first three seasons. It's been discussed on this thread before. Or you can ping Gannu_1. He is the biggest Banshee fan ever
Found Banshee on this thread thanks to the both of you.
Now into the last few episodes.

Any other similar recommendations?
Old 1st June 2017, 13:45   #1789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

The Americans & Fargo
Old 2nd June 2017, 17:37   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Television shows: What do you watch? (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Found Banshee on this thread thanks to the both of you.

Now into the last few episodes.

So the link to the episodes is in this thread?? I will ping gannu for sure. It's one of the best American TV Series I have watched.
Old 8th June 2017, 13:56   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm on episode 5 of Fargo Season 3 and I'm having a tough time being awake, during EVERY episode!
I'm surprised you're finding it slow. I just finished the 4th episode and as per me the overall season is pretty gripping and worth watching. Of course, there won't be any worthy replacement to the benchmarks set by Billy Bob Thornton in the first season but still so far so good for me.

This season too has the reminiscence of the earlier seasons in terms of Minnesota accent and intense characters.

Only grouse being I should have waited for the entire episodes to finish and watched it in one-go.
Only 8 episodes aired so far! Two more to go.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 8th June 2017 at 13:57.
Old 16th June 2017, 20:38   #1792
BHPian

Used to watch a lot of TV shows a few years back . Prison Break (watched the latest Season 5 as well), Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Thousand ways to die (based on real life deaths) and then somehow took a long break.

Back to watching shows again and I picked up Sherlock Holmes (Benedict is awesome) and Homeland.
Old 17th June 2017, 09:56   #1793
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally decided to check out The Sopranos, I like the classic American shows but never could bring myself to watch this one, I felt it'd be just another stereotyped mafia story with the Italian Americans and their accent and kissing each other on the cheeks and holding hands in respect.. much like the movie The Godfather, which I hated.

I wasn't all wrong, it is stereotyped, the Nu-Jaizee accent, the Italian mob fury and all the hugging and kissing welcome to the family stuff.. I didn't account for one thing though - James Gandolfini. Let me put this in just one sentence, Jim as mob boss Tony Soprano blows the Marlon Brando's deadpan mob boss act not just out of the water but out of the planet and into another solar system. Granted that this is a show and it allowed the portrayals to be stretched and add more layers to it but Gandolfini just runs with it and takes it to all new levels that possibly no actor has ever done in t.v history.

The supporting cast is equally stellar in their respective roles and add humour, sadness and anger in each episode. Tony Soprano finds himself juggling his own nightmares & panic attacks all the while managing his business, family and his "extended" family, sometimes he takes care of them and the other times he "takes-care" of them. Its an HBO show so its an automatic adult rating (20+).

Suddenly it dawned on me why this show was rated the number one of all time in American television and still is.. it is not upbeat by any imagination, it dwells in melancholy and delves into the mind of a man who battles with himself, the law, the family and his psychotherapist all the while trying to find meaning in his life where only destruction can be seen in hindsight and foresight. The show is a drug and it grows on you right from the theme song to the end.. 11/10.
Old 18th June 2017, 20:00   #1794
BANNED

I find myself still watching Friends more or less regularly. The only show to offer light, amusing entertainment, without the bother of a headache. Just saw an episode of Top Gear (after a longish gap) and was happily surprised to find Matt LeBlanc (Joey from "Friends") riding a Ducati.
Old 18th June 2017, 20:19   #1795
BHPian

The Expanse Anyone?

The Space adventure series based on books by James S. A. Corey, an excellent drama with high production value & good acting by all the major characters.

To those who are looking for a decent space series, its a must watch.
appu.bhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 10:15   #1796
Team-BHP Support

I didnt see this come up on anyone's radar, so thought i shall put it up here.

Over the past week, I watched a series on Netflix called "Anne with an E". A simple story set against a Canadian backdrop, much before electricity existed.. it has the main protagonist, a little orphan gal who steals your heart with her performance. The series tells the story of how she moves on from her beginning as an orphan, to being adopted by an old couple.

Watch and be amazed with some highly involving performances from the main actors.

Currently, just one season on Netflix.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:01   #1797
BHPian

Watching the Fargo series and I feel series 3 is an amazing watch. Very well defined and absorbing characters. Fargo 1 and 3 have been one of the best series that I have watched, the # 2 wasn't edge of seat fr me (atleast).

My favourite - Ewan Mcgregor is in it, so that makes it a double delight

If I can rate it - 4.5/5 thus far.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:53   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Watching the Fargo series and I feel series 3 is an amazing watch. Very well defined and absorbing characters. Fargo 1 and 3 have been one of the best series that I have watched, the # 2 wasn't edge of seat fr me (atleast).

My favourite - Ewan Mcgregor is in it, so that makes it a double delight

If I can rate it - 4.5/5 thus far.
Yup - Eagerly waiting for the season finale.
All the major characters are being excellently portrayed, including the negative ones.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:57   #1799
Team-BHP Support

I hope Fargo S3 is a new, independent plot. Otherwise will have to revise S1,2.
Old 19th June 2017, 13:22   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
I hope Fargo S3 is a new, independent plot. Otherwise will have to revise S1,2.
Yes, its completely new with no connections to the earlier seasons. Yet feels like the same!!

Disclaimer: I am on episode 7 currently.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 19th June 2017 at 13:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks