Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2018, 02:33   #2026
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I've seen the first four seasons of Homeland. I liked the series and lost touch only because of the wait between the seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Waiting for the season to get over so that I can binge watch(Amazon Prime). Homeland is too gripping to wait between episodes
I think that's the reason I lost touch too. Wonder how many such serials would have lost viewership just because of the fact that they can't be binge watched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

I actually think its the other way around. Season 7 had a better premise than 6, far more relatable than the convoluted story of S6.
I am just 2 episodes into season 7. You give me hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am into Season-4 of Suits in no time. Overall, a very well written script.
Around season 5 is when I stopped watching Suits, I think, Meghan Markle notwithstanding
It just became too monotonous, with a rehash of the same old storyline in every episode

Last edited by amitoj : 18th April 2018 at 02:36.
Old 18th April 2018, 05:38   #2027
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Designated survivor
Netflix
Kiefer Sutherland as the president when the entire government of the US is assassinated.
It's quite good.
Started off rather well, before it settled into mediocrity. Completely predictable sequence of events as the seasons progressed made me lose interest. I may decide to watch the remaining just for closure, but surely not high on the interest list anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Around season 5 is when I stopped watching Suits, I think, Meghan Markle notwithstanding
It just became too monotonous, with a rehash of the same old storyline in every episode
Completely agree! There are flashes of brilliance, but otherwise it appears the series was just being stretched and dragged.
Old 18th April 2018, 08:59   #2028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agree; I watch Suits just for Harvey and Donna and their dynamics; earlier with Jessica. Although they spent far too much time on Mike's stupidity and Harvey cleaning up after.

Mike's story has gotten extremely irritating, and Mike + Rachel's story even more so. And man-child Luis has the same pattern: be angry with Harvey - be stupid - get his backside handed to him - ask for forgiveness, rinse-repeat.

Let's see what S8 has to offer.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2018 at 17:35. Reason: No spoilers :)
Old 18th April 2018, 10:08   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
And man-child Luis has the same pattern: be angry with Harvey - be stupid - get his backside handed to him - ask for forgiveness, rinse-repeat.
Not only Luis hands over his backside to everyone, but i don't know why in the world the creators are interested in displaying his backside to the audience, once in 5-6 episodes.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2018 at 17:36. Reason: No spoilers please :)
Old 18th April 2018, 14:53   #2030
BHPian

Just finished watching 'The Terror' on Amazon Prime. Based on a novel by Dan Simmons. It tells the story of a British expedition voyaging to the Artic seeking the Northwest Passage. Loved the storyline and acting. A must watch.
Old 18th April 2018, 18:18   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am just 2 episodes into season 7. You give me hope!
With Homeland, seasons start getting more gripping only around episode 5-6ish. Till then it is only 'setting the stage'

As of S07E02, they haven't broken the real theme of this season yet!
Old 18th April 2018, 20:36   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
With Homeland, seasons start getting more gripping only around episode 5-6ish. Till then it is only 'setting the stage'

As of S07E02, they haven't broken the real theme of this season yet!
Completed watching S07E2, and couldn't agree more on 'setting the stage'. Although I admit I have hopes of this season being better than S6.
Old 18th April 2018, 21:02   #2033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Started off rather well, before it settled into mediocrity. Completely predictable sequence of events as the seasons progressed made me lose interest. I may decide to watch the remaining just for closure, but surely not high on the interest list anymore.
+1. It is progressively becoming more boring. The initial uniqueness has worn off. Now it is as if President Kirkman is a too good to be true goody goody saint.

Still watch it though, I like Sutherland's acting. Hope they have something interesting lined up in the fag end of season 2.
Old 18th April 2018, 22:35   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Love Jijaji Chhat pe hai on Sab TV. Quite funny and good acting by most lead players. The character of Elaichi the bubbly Chandni Chowk girl has been played extremely well by Hiba Nawab.
Old 18th April 2018, 23:43   #2035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
+1. It is progressively becoming more boring. The initial uniqueness has worn off. Now it is as if President Kirkman is a too good to be true goody goody saint.

Still watch it though, I like Sutherland's acting. Hope they have something interesting lined up in the fag end of season 2.
Ditto.
However, I watch it more for Maggie q, Kal Penn, and the shore character.
In fact, the irregulars on the show are quite enjoyable.
Old 19th April 2018, 05:07   #2036
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Exactly my point. The initial sequence of events and the surprise was quite welcoming and felt very natural. As things progressed, it seemed as mundane as Suits where Harvey is superman, and here the president is the superman.
Old 19th April 2018, 11:01   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
Just finished watching 'The Terror' on Amazon Prime. Based on a novel by Dan Simmons. It tells the story of a British expedition voyaging to the Artic seeking the Northwest Passage. Loved the storyline and acting. A must watch.
Seems to have an interesting story line. Surprisingly never heard about this series so far, how did you discover this series? On Rotten tomatoes it has a rating of around 91%.
Old 19th April 2018, 11:18   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Seems to have an interesting story line. Surprisingly never heard about this series so far, how did you discover this series? On Rotten tomatoes it has a rating of around 91%.
I was generally browsing Prime when I came across this. A bit of googling and I was hooked. Finished all the 10 episodes in one go.
Old 19th April 2018, 20:57   #2039
BHPian

The final episode of "The Looming Tower" released couple of days back. The series is available on Amazon Prime.

Its the story of the US government’s ill-fated attempts to prevent the 911 attacks, primarily due to the squabbles between the CIA & FBI.

Quite a gripping series, with some fantastic performances.
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:31   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
The final episode of "The Looming Tower" released couple of days back. The series is available on Amazon Prime.

Its the story of the US government’s ill-fated attempts to prevent the 911 attacks, primarily due to the squabbles between the CIA & FBI.

Quite a gripping series, with some fantastic performances.
Yes, Looming Tower series is an exceptional watch. Another one to mention is "Bosch". Based on Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch book series. Currently 3 seasons are up on Amazon Prime. Awaiting for 4th one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks