Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 11:46   #2071
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Watched and finished, 13 Reason Why Season 2.

It has a slow, boring start but glues you around episode 3 onwards. Some aspects of the storyline could have been better but given the subject, there's only so much leeway.

At times, I wonder if there's a need to show all that is messed up in the world; on other times, I feel, why not when reality is much worse.

3.5/5
Oh man!
I am looking for the reasons why I started watching / watched the entire season 1, to begin with. haha.

Not exactly spoiler - but content alert(!)

It's so painfully boring and such far-fetched-links and endless-blame-athon.
I really really only wanted to hear Clay's tape, I guess.
Also, I thought the first season could have easily been 3 episodes (instead of 13) had Clay actually stuck to listening to tapes on binge, like we do when it comes to series. haha.
I do like the grim realities & slow dramas - but I just couldn't wait to finish the season 1 of this series.
(Just to make sure, I am not missing anything interesting) Barely flew through Season 2 explanation on youtube video and now, gladly in search of next series to watch.

My rating is 0.1/5

Also, poor Tony.

Cheers,

Ace.
Old 22nd June 2018, 08:25   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Watched season 1 of 13 reasons why, I liked the season. Will take a break before starting season 2.

Then watched Evil Genius, great documentary on a real life Murder/ Heist case. Must watch IMO.
Old 22nd June 2018, 08:34   #2073
Team-BHP Support

Mid-way of Goliath Season 2.

Big fan of Billy Bob Thornton; this season follows a typical plot of murders, mystery, courtroom drama.

3.5/5
Old 26th June 2018, 13:27   #2074
Distinguished - BHPian

Just finished both seasons of the Israel/Palestinian conflict thriller Fauda on Netflix.

I've always wanted to know about the conflict over there and what we have here is a series grounded in reality. 'Fauda', meaning 'chaos' in Arabic, depicts a plainclothes donning intel gathering Israeli group behind enemy lines in Palestine. There actually exists such a group called the Duvdevan Israeli special forces group. And the serie's co-creator and top star Lior Raz and many other actors have served in the Duvdevan or in other Israeli elite forces.

On the whole, the series shows the toll the conflict takes on Israeli people as well as the people on the Palestinian side. So it's not a jingoistic Israeli take on the conflict.

I'd rate it a 5/5 for the novelty, the storyline, the attention to detail and realistic portrayals of how the Duvdevan operate.
Old 26th June 2018, 17:04   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Have started watching Luke Cage season 2 on Netflix, I'm loving it. 4 episodes into the season and I believe it's already better than season 1. Quite like, nay love the Jamaican accents in the season. It's fab, must watch.
Old 1st July 2018, 12:48   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched season 1 of 13 reasons why, I liked the season. Will take a break before starting season 2.
Same here, first episode had me real curious, ended up binge watching over the weekend. Hard hitting in a way, especially when one has similar references in their own life.
Old 8th July 2018, 10:48   #2077
BHPian

I have read Vikran Chandra's 'Sacred Games'. It's a brilliant book and the characters were well developed. Mind you it's a 900 page long book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40090.Sacred_Games

I was quite excited when the book was adapted for a web-series and I must say that the web-series is a faithful adaption of the book. I completed 6 out 8 episodes. Brilliant acting by Saif, Radhika and Nawaz. Hats off to the creators and the makers.
Old 9th July 2018, 18:21   #2078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
'Sacred Games'
A couple of friends mentioned that they binge watched this over the weekend and hence I decided to watch the first episode today. Pretty gripping story telling, definitely going to be a long night for me
Old 9th July 2018, 20:02   #2079
BHPian

Started to Watch Once Upon a Time on Netflix. If you are into the Fairy Story genre this is a must watch. Currently on Season 3 out of 7. At times the graphics look a little corny. Love the way they link all the story book characters together. Makes you rethink about all the stories you read as a kid.
Old 10th July 2018, 01:03   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Sacred Games
What a show!
Easily the best Indian show ever. Writing, screenplay, direction and the brilliant acting by all is simply mind-blowing. Nawazzudin outshines himself but the surprise is Saif. Career best performance by both. Binge watched and I want more. Hopefully the second season will come sooner than later. Don't miss this.

Also, there is lot of profanity and explicit scenes so don't watch it around family.

10/10 for me.
Old 11th July 2018, 11:04   #2081
Distinguished - BHPian

Sacred Games : 9 / 10

Raw, hard hitting, no BS; with the perfect twists and cliffhanger cut-off point for season 1 ending. Indian shows are finally catching up to the good series of Hollywood. Nawazzudin is the key to the series; his voice more than his acting. Saif has done a brilliant job playing the role of the "secondary" role. What I found lacking is the role of Radhika Apte - her rigor and style is getting very repetitive!

P.s. Is Apte a Netflix employee of some kind? Almost everything and anything they produce seems to have her playing some part!

Mindhunters : 8 / 10

A brilliant different kind of series with a mix of Mentalist + Sherlock Holmes + X-Files kind of series with some interesting concepts into what FBI does other than running after the bad guys. Unfortunately no clarity when season 2 is going to come.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 11th July 2018 at 11:09.
Old 13th July 2018, 10:47   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Pretty gripping story telling, definitely going to be a long night for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Sacred Games
What a show!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sacred Games : 9 / 10
I guess I am bit late to the party. I'm currently on episode# 5.

Have you watched this in English or Hindi? I watched a few episode in English and then turned to Hindi. The experience is significantly better in Hindi with some bits of Marathi thrown in. Nawaz seems to be continuing his role as Faisal from GoW, although more raw this time around. I wish Saif's story line, although brilliantly acted, wasn't so monochromatic.

Would finish this season by EOD.
Old 14th July 2018, 22:20   #2083
BHPian

Thanks to this thread, watched all seasons of Broadchurch, brilliant series highly recommended, Seems Fauda and Shetland are next

Last edited by aspire : 14th July 2018 at 22:21.
Old 14th July 2018, 22:29   #2084
BHPian

Watching Zoo (Season 3) now. It is pretty interesting though not in the same league as Season 1.

Sacred Games - a bit too raw for me. Watched episode 1 with my wife and now paying the price for that act
Old 15th July 2018, 16:17   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Thanks to this thread, watched all seasons of Broadchurch, brilliant series highly recommended, Seems Fauda and Shetland are next
If you liked broadchurch, then do check out happy valley

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks