Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2018, 00:16   #2266
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
People who loved Mirzapur and Pankaj Tripathy in it must watch another masterpiece named Powder at Netflix.

Review Source.

I completely agree with the quoted review. We have our own fictional Pablo Escobar in Naved Ansari and DEA in NCB. DEA has its own problems with CIA, FBI and local cops. That same inter-department rivalry is portrayed amazingly among NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau), ANC (Anti-Narcotics Cell) and DRI (Directorate of Revenue Intelligence). They’re estranged cousins with different pieces of the puzzle, constantly throwing the law in each other’s face, fighting for that last piece of the pie.
This is actually an old TV show by YRF which has now made its way to Netflix. While I agree it was a good show at the time, comparing it with Narcos is a stretch.
Old 11th December 2018, 01:23   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Ankit Arora for sending this information in via this Team-BHP page!
Person of Interest is a very good and a very under-rated series. The ending is very interesting.
Old 14th December 2018, 22:31   #2268
BHPian

Giving Vikings a try currently. Have a few months to while away for GoT final series to get going. So, trying out the next best.
Old 15th December 2018, 19:27   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, there are BB fans here! LOL

I love BB but I like BCS too. This last season was great! But for me, there hasn't been a character like Heisenberg in any series. The changes in his character - just spectacular. I would beg you to watch the last season. The last episode is just spectacular.
Do read a blog post by ajitvadakayil, Amazing details on the nuances of each character, loved the show, just completed all Seasons if BCS, but still BB was something else, the passion that the guy had just made it special, the last episode here he lovingly admires the super lab is something few folks will really understand, for me it’s the best tv series ever!
Old 29th December 2018, 23:52   #2270
BHPian

The ABC Murders

John Malkovic stars as Hercule Poirot in this BBC adaption of the Agatha Christie novel of the same name.
I believe it will be coming to Amazon Prime soon. I hope it makes to the Indian Prime lineup.
The ABC Murders

Because of the success of The ABC Murders, BBC has announced that it will adapt Death Comes as the End for 2019.
Death Comes as the End

Old 30th December 2018, 00:33   #2271
Zed
BHPian

The classic British satire 'Yes primeminister' is on youtube. The clip below from the first episode shows how topics from the 80's remain relevant to this very day

Old 1st January 2019, 14:27   #2272
BHPian

Currently watching The Innocent Man on Netflix. This is for the true crime fanatics like me. Based on the only non-fiction novel by John Grisham, the series highlights the miscarriage of the criminal justice system in the US during the 1980s when some men are falsely accused of two gruesome murders in a small rural town of Ada, Oklahoma.
Old 1st January 2019, 15:27   #2273
Distinguished - BHPian

Selection Day : 2.5 / 5
This Netflix series is heavily dependent on how much of a cricket enthusiast one is. On it's own the series doesn't require to be a series; it could be condensed into a 2 hour movie or even shorter. But if you are one of those who will even give the gully cricket happening locally a watch at times, then you'll probably find it worth a watch

The comic inserts wrt to the "god" are one of the few worthwhile moments.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the full series; found it too mundane to continue after the 4th (or 5th?) episode. If I do get to finish it, I guess my review could change, though unlikely :P
Old 7th January 2019, 12:42   #2274
Team-BHP Support

While browsing through Netflix, came across "The Kominsky Method" and binge-watched it. Lovely storyline with Michael Douglas in the lead.

Just checked, the series and Douglas both won awards at the Golden Globes recently.
Old 12th January 2019, 19:29   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Giving Vikings a try..
..and it was a mistake. Gave up somewhere in season 5 after it started going berserk during s04. Nowhere near GoT, and this was supposed to be the next best.
Old 12th January 2019, 23:14   #2276
BHPian

On Monday, I watched the infamous "Koffee With Karan" on Hotstar episode with Pandya & KL Rahul.
Do not wish to comment on what what was said but after the controversy blew up, when I wanted to revisit the episode today, I found that it was not available on Hotstar.

Seems like the powers that be have gotten it removed from the streaming service.
Old 12th January 2019, 23:44   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
On Monday, I watched the infamous "Koffee With Karan" on Hotstar episode with Pandya & KL Rahul.
Do not wish to comment on what what was said but after the controversy blew up, when I wanted to revisit the episode today, I found that it was not available on Hotstar.

Seems like the powers that be have gotten it removed from the streaming service.
True. Tried it right now and it has been removed. Anyone knows any other source ?
Old 13th January 2019, 00:18   #2278
Team-BHP Support

The episode was removed by hotstar. Maybe try YouTube?
Old 13th January 2019, 06:53   #2279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
True. Tried it right now and it has been removed. Anyone knows any other source ?
Till it gets removed; fyi - Dailymotion

Last edited by ninjatalli : 13th January 2019 at 07:14.
Old 14th January 2019, 12:52   #2280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Selection Day : 2.5 / 5
This Netflix series is heavily dependent on how much of a cricket enthusiast one is. On it's own the series doesn't require to be a series; it could be condensed into a 2 hour movie or even shorter. But if you are one of those who will even give the gully cricket happening locally a watch at times, then you'll probably find it worth a watch

The comic inserts wrt to the "god" are one of the few worthwhile moments.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the full series; found it too mundane to continue after the 4th (or 5th?) episode. If I do get to finish it, I guess my review could change, though unlikely :P
There's just 6 episodes, so you may as well finish it.
It's really not bad, and makes for a good dinnertime watch, and ends with a cliffhanger.

Most Viewed