Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 20:45   #346
BHPian

I have recently started watching the mini series ; The walking Dead which is based on the Zombie category, and portrays the story of a small town cop who wakes up after the apocalypse in midst of zombies and a few survivors. It is directed by frank darabont (shawshank,mist,green mile) and based on the book walking dead by Robert Kirkman.

Again Frank recreates the magic of human emotions in a situation which they cannot control, and in my opinion succeeds leaps and bounds.
A must watch,try to catch it online if possible, but this one is something which you should keep an eye on and watch it whenever you get a chance.

telecast on AMC on sundays 9 EST;

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-thewalkingdeadposter350x500.jpg

The Walking Dead (TV Series 2010&ndash - IMDb
Old 7th January 2011, 02:08   #347
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

My favorite is Smallville.
I've seen every single episode up till now, and have watched up to season 5 twice!
T-Bhp and Smallville; - really cant do without !

I wish to see Tom Welling as the new supes in the upcoming reboot movie (Its not happening thou )
Old 11th January 2011, 11:26   #348
Senior - BHPian

A bit OT, but has anyone got the below :

Flipkart.com: Highway On My Plate: Rocky Singh, Mayur Sharma (9788184001365)

Is the book as good as the TV series(which I love, btw) ?

These guys have one more show coming in, called Jai Hind (actually season 2 of the same) which is actually good too.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:32   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
A bit OT, but has anyone got the below :

Flipkart.com: Highway On My Plate: Rocky Singh, Mayur Sharma (9788184001365)

Is the book as good as the TV series(which I love, btw) ?

These guys have one more show coming in, called Jai Hind (actually season 2 of the same) which is actually good too.
+1 to that
Highway on my plate is good.I make it a point to catch it every week.
The description of the various highways along with tips to catch up on the best local cuisine is truly a fine experience
Old 15th February 2011, 16:27   #350
BANNED

Re: Which is your favourite English Serial and other must watch ones?

Reviving an old thread.

Any opinions of "The Shield" - is it worth watching. The only drama serial I have enjoyed till now was 24 - Seasons 6 & 7 were terrible, but the earlier seasons were superb, with Season 5 being the best.

Prison Break - I was addicted after the first 3-4 episodes, but by the 6th episode, it was the same thing repeated over & over again, so stopped watching.

Mostly, I watch sitcoms with Fawlty Towers & Seinfeld being favourites - no other sitcoms even come close.

Other sitcoms I have enjoyed are (in order) Coupling, Friends, Frasier, The Office (both American & British), Becker, Cheers, 30 rock, Are you being served?.

Sitcoms I would watch if there was nothing else to do - Everybody loves Raymond, 2 and a 1/2 men, Bing Bang Theory, Will and Grace.

Sitcoms I have not liked - Little Britain, Goodness Gracious Me, IT Crowd, Only Fools and Horses.

Last edited by carboy : 15th February 2011 at 16:33.
Old 19th February 2011, 12:52   #351
Senior - BHPian

The dead are walking again

Just finished watching first season of The Walking Dead. I know this is a thread about movies but so what. This series is as gripping as any other thriller. And it brings the zombies back into business like nobody's business!
Amazing cinematography, plenty of zombie gore, awesome soundtrack, and pretty decent acting, with a pretty well made up plot! What more could you ask for. Oh there is also one tricked out Suzuki Gypsy in there.
I have not been hooked to any tv series like this in a long long time. Can't wait for second season to start.
Of course, since this is not something you would want to watch in the living room, with elderly parents and a 2 year old kid, i was restricted to watching it on the laptop. But no regrets still!

Any other TWD fans out there?
Old 20th February 2011, 15:26   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
I have recently started watching the mini series ; The walking Dead which is based on the Zombie category, and portrays the story of a small town cop who wakes up after the apocalypse in midst of zombies and a few survivors. It is directed by frank darabont (shawshank,mist,green mile) and based on the book walking dead by Robert Kirkman.

Again Frank recreates the magic of human emotions in a situation which they cannot control, and in my opinion succeeds leaps and bounds.
A must watch,try to catch it online if possible, but this one is something which you should keep an eye on and watch it whenever you get a chance.

The Walking Dead (TV Series 2010&ndash - IMDb
Saw this post today only (because i had mistakenly posted about this series in the movies thread)

Actually, its first season was broadcast on FX channel in India but i somehow missed it. Now Star World is airing it again. I, ofcourse, had to resort to watching it online.

By the way, i think its based on a comic book series.
Old 20th February 2011, 15:43   #353
BHPian

Just finished watching Dexter.Its bloody amazing!Those who haven't watched it please do!
Old 20th February 2011, 16:39   #354
BHPian

Have watched the following.

2 and a half men
Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
Southpark
How I met your mother

Of the lot I like Everybody Loves Raymond the best.
Old 1st March 2011, 08:00   #355
Senior - BHPian

Just watching Antony Bourdain No Reservation

I just love the show and to add to it the episode is based in kerala. I am hungry and the show has Mammooty in it too. Do watch its fun
Old 1st March 2011, 08:50   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
By the way, i think its based on a comic book series.
Yes you are right, its based on a comic series by kirkman. somehow the finale episode of this series left me blank as what to expect.

I mean,i never felt that the series(season) has come to an end , I thought there would be one more episode of it.

Maybe it was done purposefully; for the start of next season.
Old 1st March 2011, 08:53   #357
BANNED

Re: Which is your favourite English Serial and other must watch ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Any opinions of "The Shield" - is it worth watching. The only drama serial I have enjoyed till now was 24 - Seasons 6 & 7 were terrible, but the earlier seasons were superb, with Season 5 being the best.
Finished watching first season of Shield. Good series. Not as good as 24, but better than any other drama series, I have watched.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:15   #358
Senior - BHPian

The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
I mean,i never felt that the series(season) has come to an end , I thought there would be one more episode of it.

Maybe it was done purposefully; for the start of next season.
Yeah there were some loose ends, for example what happened to that fellow who was hand cuffed on the roof of the building? And the father and son who save "Officer Friendly"

I hope i don't forget about them by the time season 2 comes out.
Old 1st March 2011, 13:09   #359
BHPian

Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yeah there were some loose ends, for example what happened to that fellow who was hand cuffed on the roof of the building? And the father and son who save "Officer Friendly"

I hope i don't forget about them by the time season 2 comes out.
The person on the roof most likely cut his hand with the saw to escape (as his wrist was lying there).

By the way, do anyone watch masterchef usa.

I was an avid viewed of masterchef australia. But masterchef usa does not even come close to it. Do we have any viewers here.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:15   #360
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
The person on the roof most likely cut his hand with the saw to escape (as his wrist was lying there).

By the way, do anyone watch masterchef usa.

I was an avid viewed of masterchef australia. But masterchef usa does not even come close to it. Do we have any viewers here.
Yeah but after that, he is also accused of stealing away the van of the search party and heading back to the camp to exact revenge. But when the search party returns to the camp, it is not the missing van or man that they find there.

Saw a couple of episodes of Masterchef US. Too much waterworks for my liking. A cooking show with grown up men crying over it is just not my cup of tea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks