Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 20:41   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This weeks breaking bad was truly rocking. One of the most explosive episodes!
But this fall is going to see the end of two of my favorite shows, Dexter and Breaking bad. Luckily homeland returns.
Dexter current season is so lame. I was expecting a great ending to one of my fav series but highly disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Yes, it is.
After so many not coming on Tata, I'm glad at least this is!
Are you sure about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
I am eagerly looking forward to the launch of Star World Premiere and Homeland S3 though I shudder at the thought of Revenge S3.
Revenge will be very interesting this season. You must be referring to the trailor they show where Emily/Amanda clarke gets shot and fall into the river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post
Breaking Bad's latest episode has been hailed by critics as probably one of the greatest episodes in TV history . It was that good.

Personally feel that leaving an episode on such a cliffhanger should be made a crime

White Collar S5 will also begin airing in October.

Also, anyone knows when Sherlock S3 will return?
Sherlock is starting somewhere in dec. Benedict Cumberbatch is the best Sherlock character imo.
Am waiting eagerly for White collar considering the way it ended last season.

Had no idea this thread exists. Glad to see it. I have seen most of the shows worthy of being seen.

Recommending 2 new ones.
The bridge- A bit slow in the start like The Wire(which is a masterpiece) but slowly develops.

Low Winter Sun- Not the usual cop show. Story is gripping, acting is splendid till now. Mark Strong in particular is highly impressive.

Last edited by noopster : 14th September 2013 at 22:44.
Old 14th September 2013, 20:57   #797
Team-BHP Support

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

I am eagerly awaiting the end of BB season 5 so that I can watch the entire season at one go over a weekend.

Problem is, I've completely forgotten (I think !) the first four seasons. Is there a "revision capsule" available somewhere ?
Old 14th September 2013, 21:50   #798
BHPian

I watch television just 30mins a day and that too I mostly watch the news channels and sometimes English movies.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:22   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am eagerly awaiting the end of BB season 5 so that I can watch the entire season at one go over a weekend.

Problem is, I've completely forgotten (I think !) the first four seasons. Is there a "revision capsule" available somewhere ?
Breaking Bad is taking some exciting turns for now. The last episode was extremely edge of the Seat material.

As far as the recap goes.Here you go ( a bit sarcasm to it )

P.S. Do not watch if you have never seen BB.

Old 14th September 2013, 22:43   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

Sherlock is starting somewhere in dec. Benedict Cumberbatch is the best Sherlock character imo.
He is good but in terms of canon-faithful versions, Jeremy Brett in the 80s Granada series takes the cake. I have the entire box set that I picked up off Amazon. For someone who grew up reading the canon cover to cover, the series really brought it to life. Highly recommended (it used to air on DD in the early 90s)

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th September 2013 at 22:49. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:56   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

He is good but in terms of canon-faithful versions, Jeremy Brett in the 80s Granada series takes the cake. I have the entire box set that I picked up off Amazon. For someone who grew up reading the canon cover to cover, the series really brought it to life. Highly recommended (it used to air on DD in the early 90s)
Haven't seen it so cant comment. Liked Benedict cos the way he commands the brit accent with lots of attitude is really good to see.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:01   #802
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: Please do not post spoilers and, well, spoil the fun for everyone else.
Old 15th September 2013, 07:41   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Note from Support: Please do not post spoilers and, well, spoil the fun for everyone else.
Eddy, Not sure if this was directed to me. You can remove the YT link if you/mods want.

I am totally against revealing spoilers myself

In fact I watched the link to recap the series till Season 4.
Old 15th September 2013, 10:57   #804
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

No, not at you. If it had, the video would have been removed
Old 15th September 2013, 11:16   #805
BHPian

Watching Strike back now. Amazing Storyline!
Old 16th September 2013, 12:53   #806
BHPian

Quote:

Revenge will be very interesting this season. You must be referring to the trailor they show where Emily/Amanda clarke gets shot and fall into the river.
No, I have not watched the trailer but was referring to the first 2 seasons. Too convoluted.

Presently watching The Americans. Good stuff and great acting though not in the class of Homeland.
Old 16th September 2013, 17:15   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
He is good but in terms of canon-faithful versions, Jeremy Brett in the 80s Granada series takes the cake.
Agreed. Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes ever. He does perfect justice to Doyle's creation but Benedict as an actor takes the modern day Holmes to an all new level in the BBC series. Can't wait for the Season 3 to air.

Talking about modern day Holmes, has anybody seen Elementary. Any reviews? This series faced a lot of criticism the day it was announced. Didn't followed it ever since.
Old 16th September 2013, 23:16   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
No, I have not watched the trailer but was referring to the first 2 seasons. Too convoluted.

Presently watching The Americans. Good stuff and great acting though not in the class of Homeland.
The Americans is indeed a very good show. It has a classic appeal to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Agreed. Jeremy Brett is the best Sherlock Holmes ever. He does perfect justice to Doyle's creation but Benedict as an actor takes the modern day Holmes to an all new level in the BBC series. Can't wait for the Season 3 to air.

Talking about modern day Holmes, has anybody seen Elementary. Any reviews? This series faced a lot of criticism the day it was announced. Didn't followed it ever since.
Ya i have seen Elementary. No where in the league of Sherlock. See it with an open mind to just enjoy and its a good time pass.

Anyways, nNo words are enough to describe today's episode of Breaking bad. Cant go into details without posting spoilers. It was brilliant!
However i would like to mention about Marie and Skyler in general.

Marie who is all of a sudden portraying such a morally good person conveniently forgot that Hank's treatment was paid by the same drug money. Also she use to steal jewellery herself from stores so preaching all this moral things are such hypocrisy.

Skyler is such an irritating character. She is fine enjoying all the comforts coming from drug money but can't ever decide if she has a conscious or not. One episode she is cool with drugs and another she is against.
Old 17th September 2013, 02:45   #809
BHPian

I am watching Downtown Abbey which is an amazing period drama about Edwardian England. It has amazing representation of the aristocratic life of that bygone era. It shows the life with events like the titanic sinking, the start of WW1, the Spanish Flu and the world post the War.

I also follow House of Lies which is a comedy drama of the life of management consultants and how they go to the extremes to push a deal

Political Animals and House of Cards are good political dramas. Veep is a nice political comedy.
Old 19th September 2013, 18:11   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, nNo words are enough to describe today's episode of Breaking bad. Cant go into details without posting spoilers. It was brilliant!
However i would like to mention about Marie and Skyler in general.

Marie who is all of a sudden portraying such a morally good person conveniently forgot that Hank's treatment was paid by the same drug money. Also she use to steal jewellery herself from stores so preaching all this moral things are such hypocrisy.

Skyler is such an irritating character. She is fine enjoying all the comforts coming from drug money but can't ever decide if she has a conscious or not. One episode she is cool with drugs and another she is against.
The latest episode of Breaking Bad, Ozymandias has been universally acclaimed. The reviews have been so overwhelmingly positive, that some critics have called it as probably the best episode on TV ever. That was the effect of the previous episode.

Though harry10 , will have to disagree with you there especially on Skyler's point. I love her role and probably that's what makes her character so complex. She is forced to choose between her family and her husband and Anna Gunn did it beautifully in the last episode.

Now, with just 2 episodes left, we should all celebrate the fact that we have been lucky to be part of the generation that has seen Breaking Bad.

Take a bow, Vince Gilligan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks