Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 12:21   #856
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Funny thing is, 24 is presented/sponsored by Tata Safari Storme & yet the main guy Anil Kapoor is seen driving the XUV!
Quote:
I only remember seeing Scorpio's & an Endeavour! The only Safari Storme seen in the show is of Tisca Chopra's companion when they go in search of their daughter.Maybe all the Mahindra's are blown up by the bad guys & get replaced by Safari Storme!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Yes that is hilarious! I was waiting for someone to point it out. Incidentally there *were* a couple of Stormes used in the first couple of episodes. I missed the start and was admiring the clever product placement and then I saw Anil Kapoor's car and was like...what the HELL!
Even my wife, who is a complete noob about automobiles, asked me in the first episode, why is AK driving a XUV whereas the series is sponsered by Storme ? I was like .

I guess AK Productions heard us. Just saw the trailer of the upcoming episode (19th Oct) and guess what ?
Anil Kapoor driving a Silver Storme. And dialogues are heard - "Woh Silver Safari ko follow karo" (Follow that Silver Safari).
So, like PPS said, may be Anil Kapoor's Silver XUV gets blown up by the bad guy and now he gets a Silver Storme.
Quote:
By the way, I must be the only guy in this thread who skipped the original completely and is watching the Hindi version!
You got company !! And to all those who say that AK is not even close to the US 24 Series hero, please watch his acting from Indian standards. Why compare with the west ?
Old 15th October 2013, 15:49   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oh that's a downer for me, but i guess it would still be interesting for all those who haven't seen the original. And for those who have seen it, it might be interesting to see how good the adaptation is.
Adaptation is quite good. Am not watching it cos after original this doesn't excites me but my dad who hasn't seen the original is big fan of indian one.
Old 2nd November 2013, 00:04   #858
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Anil Kapoor driving a Silver Storme. And dialogues are heard - "Woh Silver Safari ko follow karo" (Follow that Silver Safari
That Safari is gone for now & replaced by a Tata Sumo! And he was also a passenger in the Indica Vista in today's episode, so i guess the entire range is being covered, maybe we could even see their trucks in the future!

The show has got me hooked. The last time i followed a show with so much interest was probably CID ages back!
Old 2nd November 2013, 00:13   #859
Team-BHP Support

Watching Person of Interest, Sons of Anarchy, Homeland and The Walking Dead. Too many on the plate right now what with 2 series that airs on Sundays and Wednesdays! All of them have picked up pace and do not feel boring.

American Horror Story S3 is backlogged. Need to begin Mad Men. And continue Justified from S3. Even Sopranos has been completely sidelined!
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:16   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That Safari is gone for now & replaced by a Tata Sumo! And he was also a passenger in the Indica Vista in today's episode, so i guess the entire range is being covered, maybe we could even see their trucks in the future!
The show has got me hooked. The last time i followed a show with so much interest was probably CID ages back!
Yes, in today's episode it was a Silver Sumo and a Black Vista.
The Sumo was looked well maintained, whereas the Vista looked a bit worn out.
In the end, it shows the Action Moments where it showcases all the Tata products used in the episode. A good marketing strategy.

Agree, with you, may be a bigger action sequence could showcase Tata Trucks or the pathetic MarcoPolo buses too !!!

Even I am glued to this show. Missed about 20 mins of today's episode in the beginning. Will make it up in repeat telecast.

I was super glued to CID at one time, probably 3 years back. But then now, I am a pure family man, giving company to wife and parents in the daily saas-bahu soaps.
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:13   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Homeland
Just finished the latest episode of Season 3.
Surprised that the show has managed to keep the gripping suspense going after the awesome season 2 finale
Old 9th November 2013, 01:07   #862
Senior - BHPian

Guys guys guys !!!
Who watched today's (08th) episode of 24 ?
I had missed it from the start. Switched on the TV and guess what I saw ??

The pony tail haired, dark skinned, black shades villian guy - He drives a Black Mahindra Scorpio !! And the icing on the cake was the Mahindra logo on the grille was done graphic to hide the brand.
I was simply rolling on the floor laughing
First they did give Anil Kapoor a XUV5oo and now Scorpio for the villian !!
Old 11th November 2013, 09:22   #863
Senior - BHPian

Sherlock season 2 re run in AXN at 9.30PM Mon-Thu.

Any idea when season 3 starts?
Old 11th November 2013, 10:25   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Sherlock season 2 re run in AXN at 9.30PM Mon-Thu.

Any idea when season 3 starts?
On 1 September 2013, the BBC announced that filming on series 3 had been completed.[73] Although the BBC has not announced the UK broadcast dates, the new series will premiere on PBS in the U.S. on 19 January 2014, as part of its Masterpiece anthology series. Masterpiece executive producer Rebecca Eaton notes the BBC has "first window" rights, indicating the programme may premiere on the BBC no later than its American debut.[74]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherloc...es%29#Series_3
Old 12th November 2013, 19:52   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
A tribute to Breaking Bad and Walter White! Must watch for all the BB fans out there!
WARNING: SPOILERS
Truly a must watch for all BB fans, it was one of the best shows I've seen. Thank you Saadat for posting the video.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:45   #866
Senior - BHPian

Hitler reacts to Dexter Season Finale and hints at other shows that one should start looking at.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2013 at 17:52.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:17   #867
Team-BHP Support

Dexter is gone.
So is Breaking bad
Walking dead ambles along
And Homeland is well... going down
I had high hopes on Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D but its worse than their movies
Supernatural... well it started out good in season 9, but then "poof" its becoming too predictable
As for Grimm, hopefully the season will pick up steam
With no GoT till next year, and sherlock getting delayed, its a sad time for TV
Old 13th November 2013, 13:20   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
With no GoT till next year, and sherlock getting delayed, its a sad time for TV
I too am waiting for sherlock, in meantime you could try watching the mentalist, arrow(season 2 looks promising), or the new show The Tomorrow People. I have watched 4 episodes of and it looks nice. Not too intense but watchable
Old 13th November 2013, 14:23   #869
Team-BHP Support

Not sure where Homeland is headed! This season has been focussing only on Saul, Carrie and Dana and the useless drama between these guys. Saul used to be one of the best characters of the series so far and it is going down slowly. Brody is nowhere to be seen.

Person of Interest has picked up pace now. Finch and Reese's nightmares have finally begun! Fortunately, this season has only 10 episodes (mini-season?) compared to 22-23, the series has had for the last 2 seasons.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Sons of Anarchy to those who watch drama. This has been a brilliant series so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Of course I did. Good start for the season. Back to fighting walkers .
Hope you caught up with the last episode? Guess who's back!
Old 13th November 2013, 14:32   #870
Senior - BHPian

Never liked homeland.
Just started watching season 1 of Person of interest. Looks promising.
Current shows i am liking are Arrow, Mentalist, Good wife, Castle,Elementary, Hawaii five o, Supernatural, The originals and TBBT. Rest all are going downhill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks