Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 09:31   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

You won't. Every season is a work of art. There are certain parts which may drag but sooner or later it evens out and you are hooked again.

It's all in the writing. BB is one of those rare shows where the writing gets better in the later seasons. Typically a series starts well, gets better and peaks, then the writers get lazy and it all goes downhill from there. Look no further than Dexter.

I don't want to hype it more than it already has been so please...just go watch already!
Yeah.. Even I hoped Dexter would have a different ending.

I have already downloaded the first season of BB. Guess all that's left is to start watching it.
Old 15th November 2013, 21:51   #887
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Anyone watching Downton Abbey ?The story twists are similar to Indian Soaps butDialogues and acting is top notch.
Old 16th November 2013, 00:49   #888
BHPian

To all you Breaking Bad fans out there, this is really happening!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4281583.html
Old 16th November 2013, 04:58   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
TBBT --> Not much of a story, but atleast it makes me laugh.
Not for long. Season 7 is pathetic and they might just wrap up by end of this season. I guess Lorre has his focus elsewhere.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:50   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Another grossly underrated and less-talked-about series is The Shield. It's a fairly old series and aired in the SD format but please give it a watch. It's a crime drama police procedural serial based on a corrupt Strike team and their lives - highly engrossing and gets very intense during the concluding seasons.

Forest Whitaker joins the cast during Season 5 and 6 - 'nuff said.
This is one of my absolute favorites. Loved all the seasons. Vic Mackey is a loveable monster. And the season with Whitaker was so intense.

I will very strongly recommend this to everyone. Infact I was told by few friends that The Wire is THE cop series and even Southland is good but after watching the first season of Wire I will say it does not come anywhere close to The Shield.

Agents of Shield is more like a kids' series.

I am presently watching most of the series on Star World Premiere. Homeland, White Collar, Person of Interest, Criminal Minds, Revenge (yeah, even this most convoluted serial) etc. HIMYM better stop soon. It is now really boring. TBBT not so much.

One series I have enjoyed over last few weeks is The Practice on Fox Crime. What a series. I have already watched Boston Legal, which I knew is a continuation of The Practice but TP is so intense, so serious and so much fun. The only other court room drama / legal thriller I liked so much is The Good Wife. TP is coming to an end soon. Will definitely miss it.
Old 19th November 2013, 13:46   #891
BHPian

How it's made : Airs on Discovery Science.

Having a Mech degree, I find this 30 min segment very informative in terms of how day to day things are made and the amount of automation that has been devised to make those. Each episode features 4 products from everything under the sun.

Also saw couple of episodes of How it's made : Dream Cars!. Last episode featured the almost completely handmade RR Phantom. Man, the amount of effort and attention to detail that goes into each and every part of the car is amazing.

Both are must see for people interested in 'How it's Made'!
Old 21st November 2013, 17:12   #892
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday's Sons of Anarchy's episode was a shocker! I did not quite see that coming. Two more episodes remain to wrap up the season. And good news is, Kurt Sutter is directing the season finale! Couldn't watch Person of Interest yesterday. Shall catch up today.

Btw for folks who love historical drama (eg. movies such as Troy, Gladiator etc.), ROME is a must watch! This is a very short series spanning just 2 seasons (22 episodes) but 2 amazing ones! Those who followed Dexter until Season 7 will recognise this man:

Name:  ray2.png
Views: 816
Size:  219.5 KB

Ray Stevenson - he is the star of the show (Rome i.e.). The show premiered on HBO - 'nuff said.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st November 2013 at 17:13.
Old 21st November 2013, 19:53   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Have recently added "Pawn Stars" and "Kings of Restoration" to my watchlist courtesy my teenage nephew. Interesting shows based in Las Vegas that air on History TV on weeknights 10 and 10:30 pm respectively. Though they tend to get repetitive, it's quite amusing to watch these family owned businesses in action: the former buying, selling and pawning interesting artifacts (everything from Civil War to pokemon) and the latter restoring every conceivable machine or device you can imagine (from WW2 aircraft to '50s Pepsi machines). If you are into this sort of thing, do watch!
Old 21st November 2013, 23:15   #894
BHPian

Started watching Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and find it a pretty kickass show. The acting by coulson is amazing!
Old 22nd November 2013, 01:10   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
I've watched all the Sons of Anarchy seasons (currently season 6 is airing).
Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
SOA is very good. You will be hooked. Starts a bit slow in first season but is a roller coaster ride then on.
Quote:
It's a fantastic series. I picked up the first season earlier this year and it was a blast! It has something of an ensemble cast although Katey Sagal takes the cake - she has been consistent (and annoying!) throughout the series. There are quite a few shocking episodes as well.
Thanks guys, Loving SOA or SAMCRO as they say. Would be wrapping up first season tonight & looking forward to the next seasons
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:44   #896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks guys, Loving SOA or SAMCRO as they say. Would be wrapping up first season tonight & looking forward to the next seasons
Excellent!

You will be hooked for the remaining seasons if you loved the first one. It is usually the first one that many find a bit boring (a la Breaking Bad).

Did you watch the season 2 premiere? Please post back once you do! One of the most shocking episodes of the whole series is this!
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:49   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Have recently added "Pawn Stars" and "Kings of Restoration" to my watchlist.....!
Pawn Stars is a good time pass show to watch. I liked how they make Chumlee look like an idiot in all the episodes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Started watching Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and find it a pretty kickass show. The acting by coulson is amazing!
It was interesting in the start but has gotten boring now, but again, personal opinion.

On the other hand, does anyone here watch "The League", it's a show about a group of friends playing fantasy football and it is hilarious! Also has anyone seen "Ultimate Airport Dubai" ? Set of 10 episodes in which they show how one of the busiest airport's in the world work, attaching a YouTube link for the episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NLfRGzlQYHAiTX
Old 25th November 2013, 20:27   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You will be hooked for the remaining seasons if you loved the first one. It is usually the first one that many find a bit boring (a la Breaking Bad).

Did you watch the season 2 premiere? Please post back once you do! One of the most shocking episodes of the whole series is this!
Yes, I watched it, but honestly it was good but nothing extremely shocking. I haven't found really shocking episodes out side of Revenge, Breaking Bad & Dexter so far(ofcourse not counting LOST & other old series ).
Old 25th November 2013, 20:33   #899
BHPian

Agatha Christie's Poirot (new season) starts today in Zee Cafe at 11.00 pm. Am a big fan of the poirot series. Hope to catch all the episodes starting today.
Old 26th November 2013, 06:43   #900
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Agatha Christie's Poirot (new season) starts today in Zee Cafe at 11.00 pm. Am a big fan of the poirot series. Hope to catch all the episodes starting today.
Which season please?

I've been an avid fan since 1989 and have every single episode on DVD. This is the David Suchet starrer.

I have every single episode ever made by ITV, up to and including Murder on the Orient Express which formed a part of Collection 8.

The last and latest (probably final) collection is called Collection 9 and has just been released on DVD. I am expecting it any time now. It includes the final episode -'Curtains'. This collection 9 was being aired in the UK in 2012-2013.

I wonder what Zee is telecasting...

Downton Abbey is another fantastic 'period' serial which unfortunately is not being aired in India.
However thanks to Amazon UK, I ve managed to acquire every single episode up to and including the complete Series 4 on DVD.
Waiting now for the 2013 Christmas Special!
There is a pleasure in owning high quality, original optical media of this kind, in the original wrappers and boxes.
I do appreciate the portability of things on USB etc but at the risk of sounding 'old fashioned' there is nothing quite like a boxed set of DVD's of one's favourite serials or movies.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th November 2013 at 09:20. Reason: No back-to-back posts merged, please use EDIT.

Most Viewed