Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2016, 13:45   #1411
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just watched Sherlock - The Abominable Bride

Best of 2 worlds, or should I say centuries
Many people didn't liked it but i loved it. Wasn't dull even for a moment. I think people got confused with the back n forth of both centuries.
Old 4th January 2016, 14:51   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Watched the following

Blacklist - All seasons
Person of Interest - All seasons
Game of Thrones - All seasons
Narcos - Just the one season out.
The Wire - Currently on Season 4
Banshee - Season 1
Spartacus - Could not watch beyond seson 1. Did not find it gripping enough.

Lined up on the watchlist
House of Cards
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Mentalist
Fargo

Though most of those I watched are very good (except for Spartacus), the following I enjoyed the most, in no particular order

1. The BlackList - Good plot and the way James Spader has acted.
2. Person of Interest - Again good plot and good acting. But heard rumors of a shortened upcoming season being the final, due to falling ratings.
3. The Wire - No hi-fi gadgetry, No CSI like lab work etc. Just pure real life police work and the llanguage. This has been quite a gripping and very well made police TV series. Would rate it amongst the best.
4. Game of Thrones - Though it shows a lot of Violence, this has kept me glued. They have created that era of the kings in a damn good manner.
5. Narcos - Eagerly waiting for season 2
Old 4th January 2016, 15:52   #1413
BHPian

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride - 9/10

Yes, there are holes in the plot.Yes, there are many issues with the past mixing with the present and so on. But, pound for pound, it is entertainment at its absolute best!

Of late, the wife and I have started watching MasterChef Australia Season 6 after being gobsmacked by the quality of cooking displayed in Season 7. Just love those 3 judges! They're so amazing!
Old 4th January 2016, 16:31   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Watched two shows back to back.

Rectify- I don't like slow dramas but this is really good. Acting/Direction/Screenplay is top notch. Shows how someone's life changes completely with one bad decision he makes.

River- Initially I thought it may be another detective series. But, it's quite different. Must watch. In the end of 6 episodes you will want more of it. I hope there is a second season to it.
Old 4th January 2016, 16:51   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the pilot for Lucifer last year.
Glad it has been approved and will start this month. Yes, it is about what it says.

Also planning to start on Versailles soon. Any reviews?
Old 4th January 2016, 21:38   #1416
JD1
BHPian

Offbeat - 1963 Corvette Stingray, Seinfeld and Obama! S7E1 of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee-
http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee....-the-president
Old 8th January 2016, 18:08   #1417
Senior - BHPian

House of Cards and Game of Thrones done and dusted. Looking forward to March 4th and April 24th for the respective season premieres.

Big Bang Theory Season 9 thus far has been disappointing. Don't understand how long they are going to drag this.

Just finished Fargo Season 1. Though start was a bit slow, Episode 6 onwards has been brilliant!

Blacklist Season 3 starts airing tonight. I have not watched the previous 2 seasons. Is this a continuing story, or each Season is a separate story like Fargo is?
Old 8th January 2016, 18:40   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Netflix has launched in India and offering first month free. Thinking of trying out in Feb.
Old 8th January 2016, 18:45   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Blacklist Season 3 starts airing tonight. I have not watched the previous 2 seasons. Is this a continuing story, or each Season is a separate story like Fargo is?

Season 3 got over few weeks back. It is not an anthology series like Fargo. Sort of continuing from previous but isn't a deal breaker. you will get the hang of the earlier threads in couple of episodes.
Old 8th January 2016, 18:55   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Season 3 got over few weeks back. It is not an anthology series like Fargo. Sort of continuing from previous but isn't a deal breaker. you will get the hang of the earlier threads in couple of episodes.

Season 3 is not over yet. What you will see starting today is the 9th episode of season 3.
It is a very well made series and one of my favorites. I suggest you watch it from season 1 itself, but if that is not possible, then at least watch the first 8 episodes of season 3.
Old 8th January 2016, 20:08   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Season 3 is not over yet. What you will see starting today is the 9th episode of season 3.
What you are saying is in India, which is in sync with US airing. In Italy, or rather Sky Italia is woefully behind schedule. Blacklist Season 3 is just premiering today. Big Bang Theory is still in Season 7 Episode 5 , whereas in US Season 9 Episode 12 aired yesterday.

I've put Season 3 on record anyway. Will start watching from Season 1. Hopefully should catch up in a month.
Old 8th January 2016, 21:26   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Finished Watching Homeland Season 5

Absolutely loved it, the season Finale like last time was somewhat of a let down but overall the series was fantastic. Its amazing how they build their story around current events & the regular characters.
Old 9th January 2016, 13:00   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

It is a very well made series and one of my favorites. I suggest you watch it from season 1 itself, but if that is not possible, then at least watch the first 8 episodes of season 3.

Yes. Was mighty surprised while browsing yesterday. the ticker said new episode. Strange why such a long gap. With so much programming out there lost track of what happened in the 8 episodes prior.
Old 10th January 2016, 21:29   #1424
JD1
BHPian

Game Of Thrones is going to be telecast on Star World soon - hopefully from Season 1 so those who missed earlier seasons can catch up.

Everybody Loves Raymond will start on Romedy Now starting 14th Jan @ 8pm. Nobody can fill into Ray Romano's shoes (we tried watching the Hindi adaptation Sumit Sambhal Lega on Star Plus but nowhere as funny as Raymond).
Old 10th January 2016, 22:15   #1425
Distinguished - BHPian

Have started watching Lilyhammer on FX HD recently. The escapades of a New York Mafiosi who moves to Norway as part of witness protection is quite amusing. The perks into life in a welfare state seen through the eyes of a hardened American is quite interesting. Glorious camerawork of the Norwegian bleak countryside as well. Worth a watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks