Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2024, 11:42   #5431
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Bluey

I was wondering if there were any fans of the Australian animated series Bluey in here? I started watching it along with my 4 year old daughter and I can honestly say that it ranks amongst the best animated shows for young adults. I sometimes watch it by myself. It's that good.

As a summary, the story revolves around Bluey, her younger sister Bingo and their parents Bandit and Chili. While the context is very Australian, the themes of family, good parenting, nostalgia, acceptance, understanding and love are pretty much universal. Bandit is probably a role model for a dad raising a child.

Here's one of the best episodes ever called Sleepytime which reduced me to tears at the end. It's masterful. I would highly recommend watching this with your kids if you haven't. The show streams on Disney + Hotstar.

ranjitnair77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 18:35   #5432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Shogun needs a separate discussion thread. It's that good.
Well, it has already ended. If you really think about this, the main lead of the show is actually Toda Mariko, making this a female-centric show. But they didn't overdo it like Mulan or Rings of Power.

In the book, Anjin was the main lead, but they managed to tweak it and make Mariko more important in the show. And it worked very well. Anna Sawai did a stellar job.
Old 25th April 2024, 22:17   #5433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Rings of Power.
That show was a disaster of highest order. No soul at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In the book, Anjin was the main lead, but they managed to tweak it and make Mariko more important in the show. And it worked very well. Anna Sawai did a stellar job.
I didn't know that but I agree. I think show makers did a beautiful job of making that change because it felt all natural. Anna Sawai was terrific and her performance kept elevating as episodes passed. 8th and 9th are my personal favorites from such incredible show throughout.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks