Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:53   #316
Team-BHP Support

Well dexter season five has aired 6 episodes till now. Why not watch that
As for heroes, I would give it a mixed review. Some episodes are nice, some no so. But season 1 and 2 were real crackers. The later seasons became a little boring.
But then in that timeline, almost all shows got boring. It was writer strike time, and many storylines got canned, and producers got desperate to put just anything in the serial.
A classic example is battlestar galactica.
What an amazing show, but near the end it just became a soap opera in space, with plot going haywire. One season was also a direct liftoff from the Iraq war

Last edited by tsk1979 : 2nd November 2010 at 10:55.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:56   #317
Team-BHP Support

Waiting for the complete 5th season to be available. Will watch it at one go then. I hate the breaks

So which TV series do you recommend ? No comedies.
Action, suspense mystery types
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:52   #318
Team-BHP Support

I am mostly into Science fiction. However, if you like mystery, you could start with Bones. Its more on the lines of CSI, but deals with "bones" and not flesh
Bones is currently in its sixth season.
Lot of watching to do at your end I must say.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:01   #319
BHPian

I am a BIG Seinfeld fan. I can keep going on and on watching the same seasons

24 was another amazing series that had me glued. Alas 10th & last season got over few months ago.

My current favorite is Castle, not just the story but also coz of Kate Beckett .

Other than these, when I get time I watch travel & food shows on TLC, NDTV good times and the like. Fan of Top Chef & Highway on my plate.

Heard Flash Forward (is that what its called) is very good? My Dutch colleagues seem to be totally into it. Was told its the best thing after 24.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd November 2010 at 21:44. Reason: We do not encourage piracy on the forum.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:32   #320
Senior - BHPian

Some from my side:

a) Friends: Humour. Highly recommended. All the 10 seasons had me glued. 9/10

b) Big Bang Theory: Humour. Pure brilliance and intelligent stuff. All the geeks out there can connect with the characters. 9/10

c) House MD: Investigation/Humour. Currently watching and addictive. Will definitely recommend. 9/10

d) 24: Action/Adventure. Recommended. Enough said. 8/10

e) Heroes: Sci-fi. Avoid at all costs. Season 1 was good, but they badly messed up the rest. 2/10

f) How I Met Your Mother: Humour. Seasons 1 and 2 were good. 3,4,5 were below average. Season 6 hit rock bottom. 5/10

g) Everybody Loves Raymond: Humour. Seasons 1 to 4 were good. Rest were ok. Too much of yelling in the episodes and characters become irritating. 6/10

h) The Flintstones: Humour/Cartoon. Fan since childhood! 10/10

i) Modern Family: Humour. Season 1 rocked. Season 2 has been rocking till now. Shows a lot of potential. Highly recommended. 9/10.

j) 2.5 Men: Humour. Again, earlier seasons were good, but then the writers just lost the plot. Forced humour, bad character development ruined the show. 6/10

k) Reba: Humour. Seasons 1 to 5 were very good. Season 6 was okayish as it was a forced half season. 8/10

l) Lost: Sci-fi. Nice series. Season 2 sucked. Show conclusion was not received well by fans and critics alike. 7.5/10
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:51   #321

I dont watch TV too much.
sometimes Z Aflam, the only hindi channel here in saudi arabia with arabic subtitile.

But my favorite movies are Fast and Furious series.
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:18   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
j) 2.5 Men: Humour. Again, earlier seasons were good, but then the writers just lost the plot. Forced humour, bad character development ruined the show. 6/10
I don't agree!

I've noticed that the newer seasons are equally funny or sometimes even more! For example, in the latest season (8 I think), almost every dialogue is like a punch line! It leaves you in splits, this show. 5 stars all the way!
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:53   #323
Senior - BHPian

2.5 men are the best series. The humor is brilliant. The dialog delivery is exceptional. Charlie rocks. Seen this after a long time. After that I would rate 'Home Improvement' Tim Allen , Patricia Richardson as good. Then 'Becker'.
Friends was good at first then became too much and then unbearable.
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:39   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
2.5 men are the best series. The humor is brilliant. The dialog delivery is exceptional. Charlie rocks. Seen this after a long time. After that I would rate 'Home Improvement' Tim Allen , Patricia Richardson as good. Then 'Becker'.
Friends was good at first then became too much and then unbearable.
Ah!! Home Improvement. How I miss that series now!! I really loved it back then. Are there any channels in India broadcasting it now?
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:01   #325
Senior - BHPian

Been through Seinfeld atleast thrice!
Nowadays its just Castle that I watch.. Season 3 is nice
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:14   #326
Team-BHP Support

I like watching MasterChef Australia on Star World.

Since its an old show, I know the result but its still fun to watch.
Some of the recipes are very good and I really like the way Jonathan, Marion and Adam cook.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:46   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I like watching MasterChef Australia on Star World.

Since its an old show, I know the result but its still fun to watch.
Some of the recipes are very good and I really like the way Jonathan, Marion and Adam cook.
This is one of my favorites too, after of course top chef! The Indian MasterChef is not good, so much drama and so less cooking!
Old 11th November 2010, 11:17   #328
Team-BHP Support

Was not too impressed by Heroes. Stopped watching after about 18-19 episodes. Will start Prison Break season 1 soon.

Anyone seen it ?
Old 11th November 2010, 11:23   #329
Team-BHP Support

Heroes lost the plot somewhere in the second season.
As for Prison Break, season 1 and 2 are damn interesting.
do watch it.
BTW, did you watch dexter season 1-4 already? I enjoyed it more than Prison Break
Old 11th November 2010, 11:59   #330
Senior - BHPian

For me nothing can beat Lost. Series finale notwithstanding.

Nowadays I watch Lie to Me, quite like eccentricity of portrayed by Tim Roth and of course Kelli Williams as Gillian Foster is beautiful.

Did not enjoy season 5 of Bones but loved Castle and White Collar.
Other than these I completed Smallville season 9, will start watching season 10 soon. This series is sooo well past its due date, season 9 got over and Clark Kent still can't fly.

Fortunately season 10 is finally its a last season. Have downloaded Supernatural, heard only good things about it.

Most Viewed