Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 21:23   #1891
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Any Shooter watchers here ? I
Yes, saw Season 1 and now watching Season 2.
Season 1 was based on the movie and was done very nicely.
Season 2 has its own story line.

Another nice show is Colony.
Netflix has only Season 1, having seen multiple alien invasion shows, this one is quite nice.
Plot from IMDB
"Set in the near future, Colony centers on a family who must make difficult decisions as they balance staying together while trying to survive. They live in L.A., which has been occupied by a force of outside intruders."

If anyone is a Fan of Last Ship, Season 4 is there on Prime. So far 4 episodes.
Old 20th September 2017, 13:27   #1892
BHPian

Is anyone watching 'Mr. Mercedes'? Was interesting initially but the plot seems to have lost steam mid-way, infact E06 was boring!

Rating 6/10.
Old 20th September 2017, 15:50   #1893
BHPian

Started watching Twin Peaks after seeing a lot of good reviews. Just saw one episode, but there was so much overacting by all of the cast. Not sure if that was the norm for that period or it's for this particular series. I will watch it though, to see how the plot develops.
Old 23rd September 2017, 19:34   #1894
BANNED

I noticed that there is a re-run of "Everybody loves Raymond" on some channel recently. Any fans here?
Old 25th September 2017, 12:11   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I noticed that there is a re-run of "Everybody loves Raymond" on some channel recently. Any fans here?
Used to love Everybody Loves Raymond. Especially his brother, mom, dad and Raymond himself. Good laugh, back in the days.

Just finished watching Season 1 & 2 of 'The Killing', pretty intriguing and complex. Liked the character played by Joel Kinnaman - chilled out character. 3/5

Also about to finish watching Sabba Cash (Easy Money - 3 episodes). Quite a suave personality this Kinnaman! 3.5/5
Old 26th September 2017, 05:40   #1896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Used to love Everybody Loves Raymond. Especially his brother, mom, dad and Raymond himself. Good laugh, back in the days.

Just finished watching Season 1 & 2 of 'The Killing', pretty intriguing and complex. Liked the character played by Joel Kinnaman - chilled out character. 3/5

Also about to finish watching Sabba Cash (Easy Money - 3 episodes). Quite a suave personality this Kinnaman! 3.5/5
Hi saildrive, the thing is, at 65 one is more or less set in one's habits And like others of my vintage I look around for deja vu! And I usually find it in places like "Everybody loves......", "Are you being....?", "Becker" and others of this ilk. Also sadly, I no longer find much affinity for the action/thriller/suspense/intrigue genre. Perhaps another symptom, as I mentioned earlier, of the times!
Old 26th September 2017, 12:10   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Hi saildrive, the thing is, at 65 one is more or less set in one's habits And like others of my vintage I look around for deja vu! And I usually find it in places like "Everybody loves......", "Are you being....?", "Becker" and others of this ilk. Also sadly, I no longer find much affinity for the action/thriller/suspense/intrigue genre. Perhaps another symptom, as I mentioned earlier, of the times!
Habits hmm... A tough one you bet. Sometimes I wonder about my indulgences (habits) hope they aren't hard to handle as time goes by.

You mentioned some classics and are in the same territory as other classics Seinfeld, Who's line is it anyway? and my favorite 3rd rock from the sun.
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:57   #1898
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Habits hmm... A tough one you bet. Sometimes I wonder about my indulgences (habits) hope they aren't hard to handle as time goes by.
You mentioned some classics and are in the same territory as other classics Seinfeld, Who's line is it anyway? and my favorite 3rd rock from the sun.
Yes of course - I forgot Seinfeld & 3rd rock from the sun. Both genuine classics & much missed today. There were a whole host of them (quite a few from British TV) and I keep hoping that there would be re-runs. 'Yes, Minister' and 'To the manor born' would be welcomed by many!
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:47   #1899
BHPian

Anyone who watched "The Wonder Years" ?

I was lucky that I was able to follow it for a year, as they showed it right after I came back from school, and was a budding teenager then, facing similar dilemmas and crisis in life.

I also liked "Burn Notice". The USP was that the protagonist described his methodology of how he went about doing stuff, and how to tackle people and differentiate between the good and evil. Pretty educating..

Last edited by sharktale : 2nd October 2017 at 12:50.
Old 2nd October 2017, 14:01   #1900
BHPian

Completed watching all seasons of "suits" in prime video. For "Boston legal" and the practice fans this is definitely a series for you.

Also liked madam Secretary- now it's available on hotstar.

In retrospect haven't watched traditional TV content for quite sometime. Thinking of not recharging Tata sky after 6 months subscription gets over.
Old 2nd October 2017, 14:24   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Anyone who watched "The Wonder Years" ?

I was lucky that I was able to follow it for a year, as they showed it right after I came back from school, and was a budding teenager then, facing similar dilemmas and crisis in life.
It an amazing coincidence that I too used to follow the series and like you too it was aired right after I came back from my day school. So much of the series was relatable to my own early teens. I used to love the background narration of Kevin. It still remains etched in my memory as a corollary to my early years. It was a wonderful TV series for sure.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th October 2017 at 08:38. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:35   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any Shooter watchers here ? It is one of my favourite Netflix shows. It has a similar concept to the movie and is really gripping.

This series is released as one episode a week and the wait between episodes is quite painful !!
Watched it on Netflix, thanks for recommending, I liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Yes, saw Season 1 and now watching Season 2.
Season 1 was based on the movie and was done very nicely.
Season 2 has its own story line.
Oh season 2 is out as well? I guess will have to wait for it to be available on Netflix
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:56   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Oh season 2 is out as well? I guess will have to wait for it to be available on Netflix
Shooter is a Netflix original series. Season 2 is out, but it's been cut short at 8 episodes as Ryan Phillippe broke his leg in real life and couldn't complete the shoot for the season.
Old 4th October 2017, 00:09   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shooter is a Netflix original series. Season 2 is out, but it's been cut short at 8 episodes as Ryan Phillippe broke his leg in real life and couldn't complete the shoot for the season.
Actually its series developed for USA network, Netflix has probably acquired some rights. Anyways I don't see season 2 in US region. Which region do you see season 2, India?
Old 4th October 2017, 00:20   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Actually its series developed for USA network, Netflix has probably acquired some rights. Anyways I don't see season 2 in US region. Which region do you see season 2, India?
You are right. I always thought it was a Netflix series!

Season 2 is out on the India Netflix. Strange that it isn't out in the US.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks