Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 05:37   #1486
BANNED

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Any one watching latest season of X-Files? What a way to ruin the show. No head and tails on where they are heading with the series. And the chemistry seems to be bad between the lead actors in this edition. I used to love Moulder and Scully earlier.
Very true. I suspect that Chris Carter has nothing to do with this edition. They're capitalizing on his name - it is difficult to think a man of his talent had anything to do with this garbage. And Mulder & Scully should hide themselves in some dark corner. Specially Duchovny - an Ivy Leaguer with a prolific and decent body of work behind him - to come down to this!
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:16   #1487
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone watching American Crime Story? I watched the first couple of episodes and it looks good. Based on the OJ Simpson murder trial. Cuba Gooding Jr as OJ is actually not a good physical fit but his acting does try and make up for it. Idris Elba would have been perfect. David Schwimmer as Robert Karashian is also good and he looks very similar to the original as well.
Old 8th March 2016, 11:32   #1488
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody has seen Engine addict with Jimmy deville?
He bolted two bullet 500 engines to power a dune buggy across the Thar.
All done in Mayapuri and Karol bagh. Anybody know if the gents in question(Manu and Arvind), are members here?
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-preview_engine.jpg  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-preview_buggy.jpg  

Old 8th March 2016, 21:46   #1489
BHPian

Binge watching 'House of Cards' at the cost of so many other more important things. Cant help it. Kevin Spacey has gotten me glued.
Best i liked was a scene which had this - "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."

It seems the creators have a sense of irony. This comes from a country that cares so less for the underprivileged (hurricane katrina). Also, that we are constantly at logger heads with them in WTO to protect our farmers. But i digress.

Last edited by WindRide : 8th March 2016 at 21:51.
Old 9th March 2016, 08:43   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Binge watching 'House of Cards' at the cost of so many other more important things. Cant help it. Kevin Spacey has gotten me glued.
Best i liked was a scene which had this - "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."

It seems the creators have a sense of irony. This comes from a country that cares so less for the underprivileged (hurricane katrina). Also, that we are constantly at logger heads with them in WTO to protect our farmers. But i digress.
I have seen Season 01. Have to start watching the rest of the seasons. The acting is good and as you mentioned its addictive.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:36   #1491
Senior - BHPian

House of Cards : 4/5

Binged last Saturday itself. What a season! IMO It's just as intense as Season 1.

The Big Bang Theory : 3/5

Losing interest by the day. They're ruining the characters.

There are so many TV shows, easy to get spoilt for choice. Anyway.
Old 12th March 2016, 08:01   #1492
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Anybody has seen Engine addict with Jimmy deville?
He bolted two bullet 500 engines to power a dune buggy across the Thar.
All done in Mayapuri and Karol bagh. Anybody know if the gents in question(Manu and Arvind), are members here?
A seriously demented gearhead! - Yes, I've seen a couple of episodes, but about this one, the thought of those fuel tanks just above one's head, in the heat of the desert sun, combined with an ATV's motion - as I said, seriously demented.

By the way, anyone seen 'Denver the guilty dog'? Hysterically funny, and guaranteed to touch a chord in all dog lovers :-

Last edited by shashanka : 12th March 2016 at 08:03. Reason: punctuation
Old 12th March 2016, 17:54   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The Big Bang Theory : 3/5

Losing interest by the day. They're ruining the characters.
Big Bang Theory has always had a massive female fan following which I too can confirm with personal experience, thats the key reason why its become a monster hit. The other overrated show which has gained high viewership for the same reason is Friends. Jews obviously know comedy but the only exceptions to that are Martha Kauffman and Chuck Lorre (2 and Half Men is great but that is mostly due to Charlie Sheen)

American shows to me mean sitcoms, those compact 20 mins filled with humor, wit and comedy of errors which life mostly is about. I've seen enough of them to qualify as someone who can rank them. In order they are :

1. Seinfeld
2. Curb your Enthusiasm
3. King of Queens
4. Everybody loves Raymond
5. Two and a half men
6. Fresh Prince of Bel-air
7. That 70s Show
8. Becker

Rest of the shows like Modern Family, BBT and Friends do not remotely qualify as pure comedies, emotional dramedies? Maybe.

Of late Im watching the show Shark Tank in Colours Infinity, good concept and reasonably entertaining. Its about 5 venture capitalists looking for real life investments.

Last edited by dark.knight : 12th March 2016 at 17:58.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:43   #1494
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Binge watching 'House of Cards' at the cost of so many other more important things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
House of Cards : 4/5

Binged last Saturday itself. What a season! IMO It's just as intense as Season 1.
Superb season. Far more entertaining than Season 3.

The storyline is intense and I really love the dialogues. You can't miss a word.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:48   #1495
Team-BHP Support

Anybody watching trapped? Better than fortitude. Like most nordic noir, its a slow story, but brilliant. Esp for the visuals.
Old 15th March 2016, 09:02   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Anybody watching trapped? Better than fortitude. Like most nordic noir, its a slow story, but brilliant. Esp for the visuals.
Tanveer. Looks good. will download and watch them.

Anyone watching the new Damien (2016).

It just one episode old. Loved the old movie hence started watching it. Looks perfect. Nice start, good acting by the lead guy and scenes from original movie was well placed. Expecting more from this show.
Old 15th March 2016, 09:22   #1497
BHPian

The walking dead- S06's 2nd half is blowing everything outta the water! Getting very intense and grippy. Only 3 more episodes left in this season. Looks like Andrew Lincoln & Lauren Cohen (Rick & Maggi) read the finale's script and had to take some time to recover from it. Can't imagine how bad it's gonna be for the fans! I really don't want any of the main cast to die. Fingers crossed.
Old 18th March 2016, 19:46   #1498
BHPian

Started watching "Narcos". Has this series got its due?

Another one that's going on nicely is "The Night Manager", a 6 part mini series.
Old 19th March 2016, 08:09   #1499
BHPian

Fargo is very good. They have been very creative with splicing the screen into sections - instead of the traditional split screens playing the events as they unfold from different viewpoints, here they play the same event with just a tiny bit of time lag.

It's like watching the present and at the same time, knowing how this came to be, what led to this... Clever splicing of the screen.

And of course, goes without saying, second season is just great. Genius television overall.
Old 19th March 2016, 08:15   #1500
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watch 'Racing Extinction', a deeply enlightening, sensitive documentary. It will change your perspective on life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks