Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 12:03   #2671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
At least some parts of it much be good then Looking forward to watching it and will try not to compare with Season 1, to avoid disappointment.
Saw the first episode of season 2 and it is pretty lame. Impossible scenarios and amateurish mistakes by the US state department that can never ever happen. Reminds me of a bollywood movie.
Old 6th November 2019, 15:53   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Glad to hear some positive comments about Season 2 after several negative ones earlier in this thread. At least some parts of it much be good then Looking forward to watching it and will try not to compare with Season 1, to avoid disappointment.
To each his own but for me it's a big disappointment. They have made Ryan look like an elite commando who has such a big plot armor that he can kill anyone anywhere but he always survives against hundreds of bullets. Also the story line is all over and doesn't gel well anytime. Also as I watch a lot of spy stuff so maybe my bar to judge is quite high.

Bosch is a gem. If anyone haven't seen it then plz do. Fair warning, it's a slow burner and one case involves full season usually. So, do keep expectations in check.

Silicon Valley final season has started with a bang. Without spoiling anything second episode is probably one of the best ones of the series. Also the way they have slyly put in big names like Facebook, google, amazon etc in various scenarios is commendable and gives food for thought.

Finally took Hotstar premium membership yesterday as there are quite a few shows I wanted to watch on it. So, now I have Prime video, Netflix, Sony liv, Hotstar and barely any time to watch

Last edited by harry10 : 6th November 2019 at 15:54.
Old 6th November 2019, 17:15   #2673
BHPian

Watching Banshee and on end of Season 2 now. Pretty good show. Has lot of skin show so have to be careful in company bus when watching it (good that I take window seat most of the time).
Old 6th November 2019, 21:51   #2674
BHPian

Watching Succession s01.
Hooked. Feel for each of the characters.
Old 6th November 2019, 23:06   #2675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Watching Succession s01.
Hooked. Feel for each of the characters.
You are in for a ride. One of the rare series where 2nd season is better in almost every aspect. Also the 2nd second season finale is one of the best IMHO.
Old 7th November 2019, 00:02   #2676
BHPian

Mindhunter on netflix is a must watch for fans of criminal psychology. Season 2 was recently launched.

David Fincher is the executive producer and have directed some of the episodes. He has directed some of the greatest thrillers like Seven, Zodaic, Fight Club, Gone Girl.

I was absolutely amazed by some of the characters in show which are based on real life and their depiction can be easily described by statement, fact is more stranger than the fiction.

Also started Silicon Valley and being a programmer and tech enthusiast myself have to say despite its comical tone, the show gets lots of things right about start up culture, the technology and day today life of a programmer who are totally different species in corporate culture

Last edited by born_free : 7th November 2019 at 00:29.
Old 7th November 2019, 06:14   #2677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
LOL, I haven't even heard of it. And, the series I have watched is on finger tips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Jack Ryan Season 2 I just finished binge watching and can say that it's as good as Season 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
+1 Jack Ryan S2 is quite good. Although Venezuela crisis should have been covered in more detail.

@Sheel, you need to stop what you are watching / doing and start binging Bosch. Also,Broadchurch on Netflix.

Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I finished 4 seasons of Bosch and found out that the 5th season is not yet available in India. Got a canned response from Amazon customer support with no clear release date when I emailed them about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
To each his own but for me it's a big disappointment. They have made Ryan look like an elite commando who has such a big plot armor that he can kill anyone anywhere but he always survives against hundreds of bullets. Also the story line is all over and doesn't gel well anytime. Also as I watch a lot of spy stuff so maybe my bar to judge is quite high.

Bosch is a gem. If anyone haven't seen it then plz do. Fair warning, it's a slow burner and one case involves full season usually. So, do keep expectations in check.
Sorry for the mass quote but, I did that to respond to two shows- Jack Ryan 2 and Bosch

Jack Ryan 2- Firstly, I have read Tom Clancy's books and have been a huge fan of him from several years and when JR 1 came, I was excited like a puppy and that season lived up to my expectations but, as Harry rightly pointed out for JR 2, his character has been developed as some elite commando who can defy and dodge bullets and almost looked like a character from Mission Impossible.

I binged watched all 8 episodes and it totally disappointed me and felt they lost the essence. I dont think will be looking forward to JR 3. Let them do a better job third time around

Bosch- One simple word. It is a massively entertaining series and again as Harry pointed out. It starts slow but, boy it is so engrossing that you can't wait to check out next episode. There are very few which can live up to that kind of intrigue to captivate the audience. Dont miss BOSCH. Watch it !!

Some of my most favorite series that kept me hooked apart from the well known ones like Narcos, Breaking Bad etc

1. Fauda (This was the most blockbuster series for me personally on Netflix). Must Must watch

2. Dexter (Another series that kept me on hook till i finished whatever number seasons they have 8-10 etc)....Must watch

3. Bates Motel (Yet another nail biting series which is slow but, so so worth a watch. Dont miss it)

4. Designated Survivor ( Season 1 and 2 is nail gripping. Season 3 can be given a miss)

5. Bodyguard (British Series on Netflix. Superb series and extremely gripping)

That's my Top 5

How about everyone suggests their Top 5 shows here? Please suggest that is absolutely nail gripping stuff and worth the watch. I normally end up wasting too much time searching what to watch and then fall asleep without watching anything
Old 7th November 2019, 18:14   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Please suggest that is absolutely nail gripping stuff and worth the watch.
If you haven't watched already then you may like these;

1. The night Of
2. The Night manager
3. Prison break

My personal favorite,all time favarite

1. Breaking bad
2. The Wire
3. GOT
4. Broadchurch
5.TBD..
Old 7th November 2019, 19:18   #2679
BHPian

New shows I checked out and liked.

1.Jack Ryan -season 2
2.The Expanse - GOT of sci fi.
3.The Night Manager : Mini series with Hugh Laurie
4. Daredevil
Old 7th November 2019, 19:40   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'The test case' on Alt Balaji.
Was surprisingly quite good.
Old 9th November 2019, 16:52   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You are in for a ride...
Ya feeling it already half way thru s02.
Dayyyum, the Boar Dinner was as good as the Red Wedding if not better. I was literally cringing and feeling in the room getting humiliated. Wow mind blown.
Old 9th November 2019, 17:08   #2682
Distinguished - BHPian

Finished off Jack Ryan S2 today. Quite tight, and on point for the characterof Dr. Ryan.
Its more or less reminiscent inn both seasons of CPD's Ryan as portrayed by Harrison ford.

Season 1 was a blast, but thats not taking anything away from S2. I think it does not feel as good as the first is because it went a little "novel" like, instead of the "could be true" of season 1.
Old 9th November 2019, 17:48   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Just just started watching Succession Season 1. I know Season 2 is over, but I'm late for the party. It's a spellbinding tale of greed played out in a billionaire family. Found myself drawn into the various plots. Good watch.

Name:  Screen Shot 20191109 at 5.42.19 PM.png
Views: 888
Size:  523.6 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:31. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 9th November 2019, 20:30   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Finished Jack Ryan Season 2. Not as gripping as first but not really bad.

Now started watching ' The Man in the High Castle' (on S01 E07 now) as I was intrigued by the plot. An alternate history if Nazis/Japs won the second world war.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:31. Reason: Spacing.
Old 10th November 2019, 08:50   #2685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have watched half episode of Lockout, will watch whenever time permits, hope its not a downer. Language being Italian is a bummer though.
Quote:
But, I am watching Lockout and if one is okay with English subtitles with an Italian accent, I will rate it above Jack Ryan Season 1. Its very engaging though stretched up a bit.
Haven't finished it, 2 episodes to go, but if you manage to sit through the first episode, you should be seeing the rest of them. Each episode has a new [shocking] surprise, its a bit lengthy but, it is probably the best series I have watched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks