Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 09:12   #2686
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Haven't finished it, 2 episodes to go, but if you manage to sit through the first episode, you should be seeing the rest of them. Each episode has a new [shocking] surprise, its a bit lengthy but, it is probably the best series I have watched.
Where is this streaming? I did quick search on google and it throws many a results. Please share a link.
Old 10th November 2019, 09:35   #2687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Where is this streaming? I did quick search on google and it throws many a results. Please share a link.
Available on prime - https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0N...BW5QORIUTH5TA/
Old 10th November 2019, 15:15   #2688
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody aware of Spooks streaming on any of our services?
I can only find the movie,not the series.
Old 11th November 2019, 09:55   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Finished off Jack Ryan S2 today. Quite tight, and on point for the characterof Dr. Ryan.
Its more or less reminiscent inn both seasons of CPD's Ryan as portrayed by Harrison ford.
Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan was portrayed in the past by Harrison Ford , Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine and Ben Affleck. Though he is a former Marine, usually in movies, he would be helped by a team of elite commandos to do the killing. John Krasinsky in these Amazon series (Season 1 and Season 2) appears wooden and not connected to the action. Still a good watch anyday. There are few writers like Tom Clancy who bring you seat of the edge action scenarios.
Old 11th November 2019, 10:27   #2690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan was portrayed in the past by Harrison Ford , Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine and Ben Affleck.
I know. But when I saw CPD after having read the book, Harrison Ford seemed like the perfect Ryan. Still does. Baldwin a close second.
Luckily, Krasinsky is placed in the current timeline. I really think that he was picked for his almost stoic acting. Even in The Office, he seemed to be the same. . So maybe the character required a somber guy?
Old 12th November 2019, 09:46   #2691
BHPian

Quote:
I know. But when I saw CPD after having read the book, Harrison Ford seemed like the perfect Ryan. Still does. Baldwin a close second.
Luckily, Krasinsky is placed in the current timeline.
Amazon series were produced by the Award Winning Director Michael Bay who directed some of the action packed thrillers of the last 2 decades - Rock, Transformers, Bad Boys and the Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Even in the 13 Hours SSB, Krasinsky appeared dazed. He is probably like our John Abraham - good to behold but bad in acting.
Old 15th November 2019, 02:31   #2692
BHPian

Recently, cut my DTH connection and opted for Amazon Fire TV stick and Prime Video.

Watched Inside Edge, Mirzapur - found them to be good. Also watched The Last Ship S1. Currently watching "The Terror".

Watched a few episodes of Jack Ryan S1, but didn't like it and stopped - found it to be meandering and pointless. John Krasinski wears a blank face and remains wooden. In contrast, most of the characters in the other series I watched show strong expressions and emotions.

Of course, all of these come with gigantic plot holes - but that is for another discussion.
Old 18th November 2019, 12:41   #2693
Distinguished - BHPian

No fans of Hasan Minhaj and The Patriot Act on NF?
Its brilliant. Of the most recent ones, I really liked the one he did on Canada. I expected an overly effusive episode dedicated to the goodness and the Trudeau
However, it was pleasantly balanced and spot on.
Old 19th November 2019, 02:14   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Its brilliant. Of the most recent ones, I really liked the one he did on Canada. I expected an overly effusive episode dedicated to the goodness and the Trudeau
However, it was pleasantly balanced and spot on.
I love this show. My favourite episodes are the ones he did on Student loans and the one about public broad band. I also love John Oliver's show on HBO.
Old 21st November 2019, 01:42   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have been watching Money Heist on Netflix. First thought 3 parts meant 3 episodes. But realized it was 3 seasons. Was wondering how they can stretch a heist into multiple seasons.
They take a typical run of the mill, bank 'robbery' plot and stretch it across 3 seasons OR don't know how many more. This could have been interesting, if it was say, confined within 10 episodes. Lots of holes in the plot, like where the antagonist could have been easily identified and captured BUT let off by the 'director', which makes it unbelievable to say the least.

Last edited by JMaruru : 21st November 2019 at 01:49.
Old 21st November 2019, 13:52   #2696
BHPian

I'm watching the first season of The Good Doctor on Prime, and would recommend it to everyone. It is a story of a young surgical resident with autism. If you liked House you will definitely enjoy this series.
Old 21st November 2019, 18:36   #2697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yep, I do watch.

He is really good & his team seems to do tonnes of research on the topics that he presents. Also, I like his interactions with the audience that they usually show on YouTube - Deep Cuts.

If you haven't already, watch his earlier special Hassan Minhaj: Homecoming King.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 19:44.
Old 21st November 2019, 19:34   #2698
Distinguished - BHPian

So Madam Secretary Season 5 dropped on Prime. Very first episode surprisingly dealing with India, Pakistan, Nuclear Disarmament and some references that would not be taken well by the government.

Not very surprisingly, that episode is no longer available. As per what I read, Amazon India dropped the episode-Self Censorship
Old 25th November 2019, 15:52   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I'm watching the first season of The Good Doctor on Prime, and would recommend it to everyone. It is a story of a young surgical resident with autism. If you liked House you will definitely enjoy this series.

I am currently binge watching the same. Thanks for the recommendation. Loving it till now.

Would definitely recommend to others interested in drama. It's available on Amazon Prime.

Last edited by dean5545 : 25th November 2019 at 15:56.
Old 25th November 2019, 16:40   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Watching "Expanse" on Prime. Its a Sci-fi and i am hooked.
There are in all 4 seasons. I am currently on S3E2 and so far I have thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Also watching "The Last Ship" infrequently. It is well made, but also a lot of over the top scenes, which is the reason why I watch it infrequently.

On another note, Season 4 of "Man in the High Castle" is already out on Prime. So thats next on my list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks