Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 08:50   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
... but the finale had too many twists for my liking.
I find it a drag but am going through the motions and sometimes in 2x mode of skipping 10 seconds at a time to speed it up. Am sure it will appeal to the Jewish community but it is too melodramatic and long drawn for me.
Old 15th March 2020, 11:07   #2792
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I find it a drag but am going through the motions and sometimes in 2x mode of skipping 10 seconds at a time to speed it up. Am sure it will appeal to the Jewish community but it is too melodramatic and long drawn for me.
It is a different league when people like Clint Eastwood and Mel Gibson come up with even sided WWII movies. Eg: Flags of Our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima from Eastwood and Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge.

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2020 at 07:39. Reason: Strictly no comments on people from any particular community
Old 15th March 2020, 11:43   #2793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
completely one-sided.
Off topic, but just wanted to know, what other side are you referring to here???
Old 15th March 2020, 12:38   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Off topic, but just wanted to know, what other side are you referring to here???
In the depiction of WW II movies, the allies are shown as invincible while the Axis powers are shown as bumbling amateurs in Jewish production/direction. Whereas Clint Eastwood shows the Japanese perspective in Letters from Iwo Jima.
Off topic: - Nobody is supporting the barbaric way the Japanese fought the WW II, but one thing is - they fought bravely undoubtedly.
Old 15th March 2020, 21:48   #2795
BHPian

I'd like to recommend Narcos Mexico. Was eagerly waiting for season 2 to release and finally made some time to watch season 2.

Highly recommended, I must say. I've watched the original Narcos as well as the Mexico season one and season 2 is a direct continuation of S1.

Not going to provide any spoilers, but I guess it's obvious after S1, S2 is about downfall of Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo, the most powerful narco trafficker Mexico has ever seen.

From being in control of basically what moves in and out of Mexico and being in control of the Federacion, being in control of even the political scene, to a spiral downwards due to his attitude and ego.

Have never seen any big budget film talking about the Soviet war crimes after capturing Berlin, the mass rape and torture, also nothing about the crimes of the French how they basically allowed their dangerously deviant Moroccan regiments to have a free-for-all in defeated Italy, and the subsequent brutalities unleashed upon Italian populace under French occupation.

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2020 at 07:40. Reason: Strictly no comments on people from a particular community
Old 15th March 2020, 22:12   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I'd like to recommend Narcos Mexico. Was eagerly waiting for season 2 to release and finally made some time to watch season 2.
I will suggest "Queen Of The South" on Hotstar
It is a remake of a Mexican series - La Reina Del Sur.

Netflix has the Mexican original - La Reina Del Sur & only two seasons.
Hotstar has the English remake and four seasons so far.

A US-Mex saga of one lady and her journey from a back alley dealer's wife to the boss of her own outfit.

Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 07:01   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I will suggest "Queen Of The South" on Hotstar
It is a remake of a Mexican series - La Reina Del Sur.
Thank you, will certainly check it out. All educational institutions in my state are closed until March 31, lots of time to binge watch

Also, if you haven't yet seen El Camino, certainly worth a watch.

Last edited by SaiSW : 16th March 2020 at 07:06.
Old 16th March 2020, 07:58   #2798
Team-BHP Support

So whats on streaming services in India (Prime and Netflix). I try to search for Indian shows, but the damn algorithms don't show much. Would like to catch more stuff like mirzapur and Family man
Old 16th March 2020, 08:26   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Hunters: 2.5 / 5

A decently paced series on the fictitious rise of the fourth Reich in the US; with a bunch of Nazi hunters trying to stop it. Loads of side-stories with historical memories of during the war make it bit un-necessarily boring. The actors are good; especially one of the lead negative roles. The series ends on a very very interesting note; something one doesn't expect at all!
Old 16th March 2020, 11:03   #2800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So whats on streaming services in India (Prime and Netflix). I try to search for Indian shows, but the damn algorithms don't show much. Would like to catch more stuff like mirzapur and Family man
Try watching Afsos on prime. The first episode was quite interesting.
Old 16th March 2020, 11:31   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Also, if you haven't yet seen El Camino, certainly worth a watch.
Thank you for the recommendation, will watch it soon.
Now is a good time to get the Hotstar Premium subscription because Disney Plus Hotstar will only be offered to Premium customers.
In times of self quarantine, it makes sense to subscribe to good OTT platforms.
And to revisit the entire thread for suggestions of good series.

Quote:
As suggested before on this thread, visit metareel.com for latest tv series and movies that are out on streaming services. You should find some good series there.
Old 16th March 2020, 11:46   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Was a decent watch. A dramatic look into the phishing scams.
Old 17th March 2020, 08:54   #2803
BHPian

Disney Plus Hotstar

Launch of Disney Plus Hotstar has been postponed.
Seems that they will launch it only when the IPL starts.
They were supposed to soft roll out the feature but it has been postponed for now.

Quote:
Some of those concerns were expected to be addressed at a launch event in Mumbai on Friday, which was cancelled at the last minute, citing the ongoing coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. And after the BCCI's decision on Friday to postpone the start of the 2020 Indian Premier League season until mid-April in the wake of growing concerns around the pandemic, Disney+'s official arrival in India could get delayed, given its desire to time Disney+'s India launch with the start of IPL. Hotstar has not responded to Gadgets 360's multiple requests for comment on a possible launch delay.
Source: Gadget 360

Quote:
The Disney Plus Hotstar premium subscription is available for the audience at the price of ₹299 for a month and ₹999 for a year. Viewers can also opt for Disney Plus Hotstar VIP plan. This plan is available at ₹365 for a year but many shows and movies will not be available on the VIP plan.
Source: Republic

Quote:
Hotstar has rolled back “Disney+ Hotstar” rebranding in less than a day after it was made available to all users in India. According to many users on Twitter, Disney+ content vanished after the company rolled out another update on late Wednesday. With the new update, the “Disney+ Hotstar” logo has reverted to the updated Hotstar logo.
Source: HT
Old 17th March 2020, 13:10   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

Needed some help. I am watching Madam Secretary on prime video currently. The problem is there are a lot of scenes with foreign languages (which are key to the show's plot) but there aren't any english subtitles for these. The subtitles are only for the english part of the show. Is there any setting that I am missing?
Old 18th March 2020, 13:47   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Needed some help. I am watching Madam Secretary on prime video currently. The problem is there are a lot of scenes with foreign languages (which are key to the show's plot) but there aren't any english subtitles for these. The subtitles are only for the english part of the show. Is there any setting that I am missing?
Unfortunately there is no solution to this. We can only guess what's going on.

Rewatched Brooklyn Nine Nine 1-6 seasons on netflix. Still love the show. The chemistry between the cast is exemplary. Season 7 is also going great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks