Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 20:12   #3181
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watched 'Broadchurch' on Netflix. A British Crime Drama set in a small seaside town. A pretty good & balanced series overall. Loved the male detective's accent, was something different and loved the stunning locales.
Old 6th August 2020, 08:57   #3182
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, any reviews for Sons of Anarchy on Netflix? About motorcycle gangs & well-rated, so should be a BHPian favourite .

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 09:57   #3183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, any reviews for Sons of Anarchy on Netflix? About motorcycle gangs & well-rated, so should be a BHPian favourite .
Loved the series back when I watched it. And that was nearly 6 years back. Its a reasonably long show; I just checked - 7 seasons and 92 episodes.

It is about motorcycle clubs, lot of Harleys and Indian motorcycles, gang rivalry, family feuds, saas-bahu drama (western style not the Ekta Kapoor type) etc. You'll love it if you hold it long enough.

Some screenshots from the other forum TE's discussion thread (please excuse my over-enthu posts ):

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_202008060959392.png

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_202008061000592.png

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_202008061001303.png

Personal opinion - watch it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2020 at 10:14.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 11:34   #3184
BHPian

SOA is recommended. I have watched entire show few years back.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:05   #3185
Senior - BHPian

Watching Fargo. Again I like the way its made, the acting and all which is very subtle and slow moving like life in small town America.

Was avoiding it thinking its Argo . Finished the first sub part of it and watching the Sioux falls episodes now.
Old 6th August 2020, 13:37   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Saw it many years back.
First 4 seasons are quite good then it just dips in quality with lot of stuff repeating itself. Still if you persist with it then it has a good conclusion.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 11:24   #3187

Started on Absentia (Prime). Quite gripping so far. Some holes in the story, but which thriller doesn't have any? At least 4 stars out of 5.

Then there is Extant. Sort of extra-terrestrial scifi. Terrible acting including Halle Berry. Can be easily skipped unless you have absolutely nothing else to view. No wonder they canceled the show at season 2.
Old 9th August 2020, 11:53   #3188
BHPian

Wasn't able to find something new (hindi) to watch yesterday so watched "Afsos" on prime. It is timepass one time watch. Wouldn't say great but still good enough.

Also completed Bandish Bandits on prime. The liked the show as it was different from the other shows and I got to know few things about the "Gharana" concept in Indian Classical Music.

Any other newer suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by raksrules : 9th August 2020 at 11:54.
Old 9th August 2020, 12:41   #3189
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Line of Duty' on Netflix. This is one brilliant show! A British Police Drama on the Anti-Corruption Unit. The series keeps you glued with the twists & turns. The scripting & acting is top notch. If you thought Season 1 was good, then Season 2 & 3 betters it. By far the best British show that I have seen.
Old 9th August 2020, 18:33   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched 'Line of Duty' on Netflix. This is one brilliant show! A British Police Drama on the Anti-Corruption Unit. The series keeps you glued with the twists & turns. The scripting & acting is top notch. If you thought Season 1 was good, then Season 2 & 3 betters it. By far the best British show that I have seen.
Finished all 4 seasons last week. All were gripping. Thandie Newton in S4 was brilliant
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 20:38   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Just finished watching 6 episodes of The Spy on Netflix. Was very disappointed I would say. I had heard decent reviews and I had just watched Fauda, so I was expecting something good. But this series was poorly made, no depth in characters and nor is there any character development. I have read this story and the main aspect is how the Mossad agent gained trust amongst the Syrians. But here it seems so easily portrayed and almost naive at times. So all in all, very poor execution, and the fact that they have made this in English sort of pulls it down even further, lacks the authenticity.

After this, I have started watching Mindhunter on Netflix, I was drawn to this simply because of David Fincher, who has given us some fantastic movies. Have seen about 3 episodes so far, very slow, but there is surely intrigue, and the fact that its only 19 episodes gives some comfort, unlike few others which was a minimum of 40. I just hope it picks up pace at some point though.
Old 9th August 2020, 20:45   #3192
Distinguished - BHPian

I've started on "Damages " , Sony.
It's quite decent, and Rose Byrne is absolutely adorable from 13 years ago.
Stars her and Glen close, who's brilliant as usual. It's a legal drama, with the main string in one whole season being one case, with developments on the side throughout.
It's very interesting and engaging, much more serious in its tone as compared to anything else.
4/5
Old 11th August 2020, 19:27   #3193
BHPian

Waco - 5/5
I thought this was a great show - depicts both sides with sensitivity.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screenshot_20200811192059_firefox.jpg  

Old 11th August 2020, 20:31   #3194
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Undercover' on Netflix. Its a Belgian-Dutch crime drama where undercover agents try to infiltrate a drug kingpin's operation. Its an ok watch, not that engrossing or gripping as one would like especially when compared to so many other good crime dramas.
Old 11th August 2020, 20:52   #3195
BHPian

Does anyone here refer any website or app which gives suggestions on what shows one may like based on the watch history? Would love if there is trakt.tv integration or at least pull data from trakt.tv

Most Viewed