Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 10:08   #3211
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I just finished watching this and it is terrific. It is very Jordan centric (of course) and some of his teammates like Pippen get a raw deal. However there are some brilliant passages in the documentary.
When the series was out, I believe a few players blasted the series saying that it was not a one-man show but a team effort.

I could not understand what was the reason for the management to say that it would be the last season of the coach with the team - and to say it at the start of the season.

Never knew Rodman was such a talent - he came across as a freak show most of the time.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 12:45   #3212
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Shetland' on Netflix. Its a decent detective series. Gets off to a slow start in Season 1 which isn't as good as Season 2 & 3. Wonderful setting & good acting by the cast. Its not exactly a spectacular series, I found others like Line of Duty, The Fall & Broadchurch to be superior. But this one is certainly watchable.
Old 15th August 2020, 00:04   #3213
Team-BHP Support

Caught up with Breathe: Into the Shadows and Breathe (S1).

S2 - Into the Shadows was underwhelming, at least for me. Especially since they chose to break the suspense in the middle of the season. I was wondering what was left to watch! Great script but I felt the whole season could have been wrapped in 2 less episodes and the suspense saved for the finale. Loved the support cast, a bulked up Amit Sadh and his assistant! I'll give it a 3/5.

Would anyone know if there's a reference of anything related to S1 in S2?

S1 - Breathe starring Madhavan OTOH was much better. He acted well, lovely screenplay and they wrapped up the whole premise in 8 episodes without dragging it. I'd give it a 4/5.

Did anyone notice how they had covered all the logos of laptops, biscuit advertisements at supermarkets, cars etc? Spared literally nothing!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 13:35   #3214
Senior - BHPian

I'am hooked on to The Mentalist these days. A brilliant series about crime and investigation involving the homicides, the serial killing that the CBI handles, and of course "Physhic" way of catching the killer every time which is very unique in all the episodes. Excellent performance by Simon Baker aka Patrick Jane, and also rest of the team.

I'd give it a 5/5.
RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 13:41   #3215
BHPian

The Test
On Amazon Prime.
Australia’s rebuilding of cricket team after Scrapping Scandal.
good watch 4/5.
Old 16th August 2020, 13:14   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I'am hooked on to The Mentalist these days. A brilliant series about crime and investigation involving the homicides, the serial killing that the CBI handles, and of course "Physhic" way of catching the killer every time which is very unique in all the episodes. Excellent performance by Simon Baker aka Patrick Jane, and also rest of the team.

I'd give it a 5/5.
One of the best I have watched. Red John <3
Old 17th August 2020, 01:14   #3217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Finished all 4 seasons last week. All were gripping. Thandie Newton in S4 was brilliant
Thanks to you and PPS for the lead on LINE OF DUTY. What an absolute belter of a series, thanks to the streaming sites that we are seeing these brilliant contents.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 07:24   #3218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Thanks to you and PPS for the lead on LINE OF DUTY. What an absolute belter of a series, thanks to the streaming sites that we are seeing these brilliant contents.
If you have a VPN and can log in via a Canada location, you can see Season 5 on Netflix(I have a US account, not sure about Indian account holders)
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 08:11   #3219
BHPian

Some advise needed.

My Hotstar expires on 31st Aug 2020. If I renew it today, will the subscription start from 1st September 2020 or will it begin from today to expire on 16th Aug 2021.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th August 2020, 09:54   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Some advise needed.

My Hotstar expires on 31st Aug 2020. If I renew it today, will the subscription start from 1st September 2020 or will it begin from today to expire on 16th Aug 2021.

Thanks in advance.
You can put your CC information and set to auto renew so on 1st sep or 31st Aug it will automatically renew. I had done that. And surprisingly I was charged 999 for renewal even when they had increased their premium to 1500.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 11:40   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
You can put your CC information and set to auto renew so on 1st sep or 31st Aug it will automatically renew. I had done that. And surprisingly I was charged 999 for renewal even when they had increased their premium to 1500.
@raksrules, thank you for this suggestion. I will do this just now itself.
Much appreciated.
Old 17th August 2020, 11:46   #3222
Distinguished - BHPian

Eco Challenge: The world's toughest adventure race : 4.5 / 5

Completely hooked into this adventure / racing series that just got added to Amazon Prime over the weekend. The Amazing Race fans would be able to relate to this race, which is a much much harder and tougher race. Apparently this has been happening for 25 years, Prime has the latest season across the gorgeous terrain of Fiji.

The race involves running, swimming, (mountain) cycling, trekking, white water rafting and a host of other activities. Apart from just the race, the breath-taking locales of Fiji is worth the watch! Btw there's an Indian team too (yay!)

The tagline for this race - it eats Ironman athletes for breakfast
Old 17th August 2020, 11:58   #3223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I just finished watching this and it is terrific. It is very Jordan centric (of course) and some of his teammates like Pippen get a raw deal. However there are some brilliant passages in the documentary. Especially the parts where they embrace Rodman's eccentricities and just let him be.

Everything feels so real. No one holds back, especially Jordan who comes across as a tyrant with a fierce will to win. You are just left in awe of his work ethic, his mental strength and his single minded focus. I would highly recommend this miniseries.
Was not a big fan of his when I was a Phoenix Suns fan before (during Charles Barkley era) Later became a big fan of him since I moved to Chicago in late 90s.
I have to say, his image reduced a bit on watching this show. Not sure what it is. Maybe the human side of him, too competitive etc
Old 18th August 2020, 09:31   #3224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If you have a VPN and can log in via a Canada location, you can see Season 5 on Netflix(I have a US account, not sure about Indian account holders)
Not sure of that since I have the Indian account of Netflix, so I guess I will have to wait for it. The series is such a riveting watch and the wait is killing !!
Old 18th August 2020, 10:01   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Not sure of that since I have the Indian account of Netflix, so I guess I will have to wait for it. The series is such a riveting watch and the wait is killing !!
Don't quote me on this but I believe that even if indian account, you somehow login while being connected to US VPN (or any other country), you will see the content of that country. I have a paid vpn so I can check and confirm.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks