Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 21:46   #3316
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
So finally caught up with this must watch Documentary. Terrifies you to the core and beyond.

Unlike so many who are hating Mark Zuckerberg for creating this monster called Facebook, I ended up getting empathized and sympathized for him. The kind of catch 22 situation he is in now, I don't think he himself would have ever thought of this. Cannot ever begin to imagine the pressure of stepping into his shoes even for a minute.

PS: The first thing my wife said after watching this was Thank god you are addicted to your team-bhp!
... aaaaaand it is made by Netflix. Says a lot.

"Netflix is showing social media dilemma is like osama bin laden preaching why terrorism is bad."

Last edited by WindRide : 4th October 2020 at 21:47.
WindRide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 13:36   #3317
AZT
BHPian

Saw JL - 50 last night on Sony Liv. Only 4 episodes and was probably a movie which they decided to make into a series. A bit far fetched but interesting plot line and good performances by Abhay Deol, Pankaj Kapoor and Piyush Mishra.

Would Recommend.
Old 8th October 2020, 18:59   #3318
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Goliath' on Amazon Prime. Its a legal drama with the central character being a lawyer. Some interesting characters in the show & good performance by the main lead. Season 1 was the best of the lot, Season 2 was ok while Season 3 was downright weird!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 19:26   #3319
Distinguished - BHPian

I know this much is true

One of the outstanding series to come out this year. Mark Ruffalo is brilliant in the series and deserves every accolade coming his way. I am glad I discovered that all the original HBO content is on Hotstar. Must watch series I say.
Old 9th October 2020, 16:00   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Watched 'Goliath' on Amazon Prime. Its a legal drama with the central character being a lawyer. Some interesting characters in the show & good performance by the main lead. Season 1 was the best of the lot, Season 2 was ok while Season 3 was downright weird!
That Billy Bob Thornton is one heck of an actor. I had completed all 3 seasons of Goliath last year. I started with the series Fargo this month. The first season has Billy as one of the main characters - Lorne Malvo. And once again, he has hit it off the park!
catchjyoti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 19:03   #3321
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Diablo Guardian' on Amazon Prime. Its a Mexican drama where the lead character bored with her life in Mexico runs away to NYC with a bag full of money to lead a luxurious lifestyle. Its a strictly ok watch with hardly any interesting bits stretched across 2 seasons. Not meant for family viewing!
Old 9th October 2020, 19:52   #3322
Distinguished - BHPian

Raised by Wolves : 3.5 / 5

This is a weird yet interesting series - kinda makes you yearning for the next episode with more questions than answers to questions you had from the previous episode. Ridley Scott is surely taking a break from his Aliens storyline and putting effort into this series which clearly looks to be multi-season. Mix of sci-fi and horror and whatnot, I came out with a mixed feeling of wow-ness and what-the-hell-just-happened feelings from the 10 episodes of season 1.

For those who aren't interesting in putting time to go through the episodes (and they are long at nearly an hour each), there's a comic on the same too. And it's free for download.
Old 12th October 2020, 11:21   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story 4.5/5
Hansal Mehta is a genius director, and absolutely killed it. What a story! The Harshad Mehta scam is a lore of legends. This series follows his path to infamy, and does full justice. Well researched, these episodes dig up the skeletons of India's biggest fraud that bankrupted quite a few families and soured the dreams of millions. Theatre actor Pratik Gandhi as 'the man' himself, is quite a startling revelation. Dhanwantary as Sucheta - the investigative journalist, Nikhil Dwivedi, KK Raina, Anant Mahadevan, Rajat Kapoor, all shine through. Don't miss this one
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 11:55   #3324
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the Mini Series - "The Gone Game" on Voot over the past few days. It is only a 4 episode series, made during the Lockdown times. Quite an interesting story and good acting by the actors!
Recommended ! 4.5 / 5

Also watched "Crackdown" series on Voot. This one is also good. Rated 4/5

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th October 2020 at 11:56.
Old 12th October 2020, 13:23   #3325
BHPian

Watched "The Mule" and my god what a movie! Giving it 5/5 and Eastwood was as always at his best even at this age!
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:24   #3326
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Raised by Wolves : 3.5 / 5
Heard of this but it's on HBO Max which is not available here. Any other way to see this except torrent.
Old 12th October 2020, 20:40   #3327
BHPian

Completed watching the second season of The Boys on Amazon prime and loved it to the core.
One word review- Diabolical
I had my doubts wether the writers would be able to live upto the expectations considering the unexpected hype this show gathered after it's first season, glad to say they pretty damn did.

The story revolves around a group of superheroes called The SE7EN and The Boys, a bunch of rogue missionaries. Homelander and Billy Butcher, the two main characters are just awesome. My rating-4.5/5

Last edited by Abhi5868 : 12th October 2020 at 20:45.
Old 12th October 2020, 21:28   #3328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi5868 View Post
Completed watching the second season of The Boys on Amazon prime and loved it to the core.
Is the entire 2nd season aired and available now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi5868 View Post
Yes the final episode in a series of eight came out last friday and now the entire second season is available on Prime
Thanks. I was avoiding watching it till it finished. I knew it was going to a binge watch, hence.

Last edited by mayankk : 12th October 2020 at 21:39.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 21:35   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is the entire 2nd season aired and available now?
Yes the final episode in a series of eight came out last friday and now the entire second season is available on Prime
Abhi5868 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:35   #3330
BHPian

"Fear the walking dead" Season 6 Episode 1 is available on Amazon Prime now. Not sure when others will be available though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks