Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2020, 18:34   #3361
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Absentia - Amazon Prime - 4/5

This series is helmed by Stana Katic, famous for playing the role of Kate Beckett in Castle. She plays the role of an FBI investigator who gets abducted and then returned and has only fleeting memories of her captivity. This is her story of getting back at her abductors with the help of her family and colleagues.

All three seasons have gripping story lines and are binge-worthy.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-absentia1.jpg
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 13:11   #3362
Senior - BHPian

The Queen's Gambit.
What a breath of fresh air. Top class direction and acting. I have played Chess my whole life and I still dabble in it online as finding someone to play near me is tough nowadays. So, I can relate to this show maybe a bit more than people who haven't played chess. But, even if you haven't you will enjoy this show. Netflix once a while surprises me with their originals.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 18:10   #3363
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely love Mirzapur - full family is hooked on to it and waits for the "830 PM" show every night . To get in the mood & prepare for season 2, we watched season 1 all over again, and then continued onto season 2. Season 2 is good - will give it a 4 / 5 rating, but nothing like season 1 which was a 5-star show.

Big fan of Pankaj Tripathi here. Equally, Divyenndu has done an extraordinary job of playing "Munna".
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 18:40   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Been Fan of Blue bloods for the past 2 years, I diligently watched the series over two years restraining myself to a episode or two a week so as to make it last. I am now on the last season, though I may go back to the beginning and watch it over again I needed something else for weekend leisure. Zeroed up on </SCORPION>. This series is about people with high IQ being signed by the cops (Homeland security) to solve and prevent crimes using their technical knowledge and intelligence. Have watched 3 episodes so far and it seemed good. Will be worth a dekko if you are into computers/geeky kind of stuff .

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 30th October 2020 at 18:43.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 19:13   #3365
Team-BHP Support

Wrapped up Mirzapur S02, binged it over 2 days and loved it! I'd say it was as good and entertaining as S01. The initial episodes were a bit slow paced but picked up later on. Every single character did their part extremely well no matter how short their screen time was. Divyendu Sharma was impressive, Kaleen Bhaiya was epic! Man, some of the dialogues were insane! Looking forward for S03; they've given a good ending.

4/5 from me.

Ye bhi teek hein!

PS: Guys, please don't miss the titbits from the Trivia on the top-left corner from X-Ray menu.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th October 2020 at 19:15.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 16:58   #3366
Team-BHP Support

Mirzapur season 1 had set the bar so high, that when you plan another season and want to milk it with another season, the charm gets lost.

This is what I think of season 2. Season 1 was of course a 5 star, but season 2 not so.

For season 3, we have to wait another year I suppose?

Mirzapur is available on Amazon Prime. [This info is helpful because there are too many platforms now].
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 17:22   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Too many things happening in Mirzapur 2. It is kind of all over the place. I will rate it lower than season 1. I will not be looking forward to season 3.
New characters have been introduced and some of them are not fitting in.
Dialogue delivery is a bit forced and un-natural. Those from UP will know.

I feel that now web-series are facing the Never Ending Soap Opera Syndrome (NESOS). To lay groundwork for the next season too many distracting (and really not needed) elements are introduced.

Ironically the best and most natural dialogues have been spoken by the side-kicks. :-)
download2live is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 21:01   #3368
Distinguished - BHPian

Mirzapur season 2 is little underwhelming after going through the highs of season 1. Season 2 dragged on two episodes little more in the quest of revenge. The track of Liliput and Vijay Verma looks forced in order to prolong the series to season 3 !!

Pankaj Tripathi and Divyendu though are superlative in their roles, the latter more so. But yes, Mirzapur season 2 is still better than joke of Sacred Games season 2.
Old 1st November 2020, 21:43   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Saw Mirzapur S2 after it was recommended by few people.

It was okay. S1 was far better. Pankaj Tripathi though has now become predictable. His raw crude form of character portrayals was initially very appealing but now they just seem repetitive.
Old 2nd November 2020, 05:24   #3370
Senior - BHPian

I adjust my ratings a bit for Mirzapur. It started off strongly but fizzled off. The finale was kind of rushed and did not make sense. Not writing here so as to not spoil for others.

Also the dadda tyagi house incident seemed a joke.

Someone shoots bulls eye first time, others take ages to learn. Anyways was a decent watch. Much better than Sacred Games in my opinion.
Old 2nd November 2020, 06:50   #3371
Team-BHP Support

Friends from college on Netflix. 3.5 /4 on 5.

Absolutely hilarious. At times a bit slapsticky but overall really really funny. It has Fred savage (the main star from wonder years if anyone remembers) and also robin from how I met my mother if that is a reference point for anyone.

I had a crazy laugh watching through it - tight too season show. Poignant at times too but mostly just mad hatter and unreal.

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd November 2020 at 23:14. Reason: typo
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 12:28   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Started Helstrom.
Couple of episodes in and it's quite intriguing.
It's a supernatural show with a decent amount of gore so keep your expectations in that line..
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:20   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I need to add this to my list. My wife and i are big fans of Korean shows and have completed quite a few crime/serial crime/prosecution and political nexus etc. We find it hard to find technical flaws and are always amazed at the acting talent, realism of the sets, living conditions etc. Off late we have stopped English shows..
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I recently stumbled upon an excellent Korean show called Tunnel 2017 in Netflix...
You guys have made us (me and my wife) big fans of foreign serials - yet to start on Korean serials but my wife is thrilled to find something more interesting than those saas bahu and the crime dramas we used to watch separately! Due to some unknown reasons, the Korean serials were slow to download, meanwhile "Rita" and "Borgen" (Danish) were ready and were devoured eagerly.

Rita is a 5/5 in our books and season 1 of Borgen is another 5/5.
Must say that I don't envy the life of a Danish prime minister - absolutely no servants and seems like they don't even get VIP treatment !
Medici and Money Heist got a thumbs up from the wife. We also agree that the Danish serials were more enjoyable with Danish audio and English subtitles - something to do with the original voices carrying emotions better.
Looking forward to watching the Korean serials (Hospital Playlist).
Old 4th November 2020, 00:24   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Looking forward to watching the Korean serials (Hospital Playlist).
Please add Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (Netflix) to your list. My favourite show so far! Highly rated in IMDB and has a cult following!

Last edited by prasathlr : 4th November 2020 at 00:26.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 15:20   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
You guys have made us (me and my wife) big fans of foreign serials - yet to start on Korean serials but my wife is thrilled to find something more interesting than those saas bahu and the crime dramas we used to watch separately!.
There are a few dramatic Korean serials too and ones that have a lot of technical mistakes and super villains etc which starts to irritate - eg "Voice" and something else we finished recently.
Borgen is amazing and there are few more Danish/Icelandic series that are interesting to watch.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks