Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2021, 21:41   #3661
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

The Victim

As the 6th season of Line of duty ends, I got fond of Kelly Macdonald - specially her accent. Later got to know about The Victim starring Kelly in the lead role.
I liked the story line and the end. Stunning performances all around.
Gripping Series. Highly recommended.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoings & rightdoings, there is a field. I'll meet you there. - Rumi.

ritzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 16:42   #3662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Completed watching Invincible. I loved it. Thanks for the recommendation !
Eagerly waiting for the next season
Fantastic series. I would never have thought I will enjoy an animated series so much! Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll highly recommend "Show me a Hero" on Hotstar. This is from the marker of "The Wire". Short series, 6 episodes, based on real life event. If you like watching political / social commentary based series, this one is a must watch.
Old 9th May 2021, 18:19   #3663
Distinguished - BHPian

Jupiter's legacy on Netflix

4 episodes on, and it feels like The Boys and justice league mixed together. It's quite well made, about a group of superheroes,and their superkids. Dynamics of the family mixed with some crime fighting. Oh, and a super criminal who is uncannily similar to darkseid, From the toons. Not the movie.

I'll give it 5/5 in these times.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 18:23   #3664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Jupiter's legacy on Netflix
Was just about to recommend this, but you beat me to it. Second what you say, very well made show with some good acting and storyline. Good watch if you like the superhero genre.
Old 9th May 2021, 19:00   #3665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
One of the true gem of a real life case made into a limited series is "When they see us".. a true story. It is a must watch. Highly engrossing and will give goosebumps for sure. It has just 4 episodes and is on Netflix. I rate it 4.5 / 5
Shankar, thank you so much for this recommendation man! Where was this gem all these years? Can't believe I missed this!

When They See Us - 5/5

Its a short, 4 episode mini-series airing on Netflix with each episode clocking approx. an hour each and the last one at 90 minutes. I can guarantee you, this will be worth your time! Guys, please, PLEASE watch this!

Set in '89 and the following years, its a real life incident about four young boys in their teens being convicted for rape and assault on a woman jogger in a park, the conviction that follows and a revelation that happens towards the end. The lead actor who portrayed the role of the senior-most convict went on to win the Emmy award that year. He acted so damn well, I literally cried in the last episode! The serial clearly shows the racial profiling and discrimination of the blacks during that era. The show progresses slowly but the last episode pretty much made up for it.

No nudity, violence or gore.
Gannu_1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 19:06   #3666
BHPian

Binge watched The serpent on Netflix. Based on the true story of notorious Charles Shobraj 4/5.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 19:28   #3667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Shankar, thank you so much for this recommendation man! Where was this gem all these years? Can't believe I missed this!

When They See Us - 5/5

Glad you liked it. Yes it is a must watch and shakes us as humans that we can be too mean to each other. The character Korey was performed by the same actor for childhood and grown up act... Simply brilliant.

One more limited series for people interested in Wars..esp. world war 2. Here is a limited series (It is in German, use subtitles) from German people POV. It is available for free on Dailymotion. Another classic.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th May 2021 at 20:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged. :)
ShankarG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 19:06   #3668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
+1 to that. Season 01 is just the setup hence its quiet boring and seems very artificial at times. Season02 episode04 onwards is where the fun begins IMO.

If you are a fan of George Lopez, Fraiser, Cheers etc. which is old school fun OR even something like Young Sheldon, you will enjoy Schitt's Creek.
I love Frasier. Enjoyed cheers as well. Maybe I will skip directly to S02E04 and see.
Old 10th May 2021, 22:04   #3669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, any good new Hindi shows to watch with the family? Thanks
Ajeeb Dastaans on Netflix is quite nice. An anthology of four shorts. It’s not the most brilliant anthology out there but definitely very well put together with a sort of surprise finish to each one. One was a bit too dark for my liking but all were pretty good.

Definitely worth a one time watch.

I thought Love Per Square Foot was quite a sweet watch too. It’s been out there for a while now so I guess you might have seen it already.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2021 at 05:58. Reason: As requested
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 23:06   #3670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Line of duty
Finished season 6. As network hasn't stated if there will be a season 7 most people have assumed this was the last season. It's a shame as it's brilliant and season 6 finally brings the curtain to 'H' storyline. Although the finale was a bit underwhelming and the reveal a bit damp. Still, it's an amazing series and probably the best British series.
Rating- 9/10

Edit- Another vote for Person of Interest. It's amazing and has a very satisfying ending which is rare for so many long running series. Case in point Game of Thrones.
Watched Line of Duty 6 - Episode 4 was brilliant, then it starts tapering out a bit. Finale was underwhelming
Old 11th May 2021, 10:55   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, any good new Hindi shows to watch with the family? Thanks
You can watch 'Pagglait' on Netflix. Its a dark comedy if you may call it. Starring Sanya Malhotra and supporting actors like Raghuvir Yadav, Ashutosh Rana etc. It shows realty of modern day relationships and extended family in a background of small town. A good one time watch
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 15:43   #3672
Distinguished - BHPian

Mare of Easttown playing on Hotstar and starring Kate Winslet is a riveting watch. She plays a detective while dealing with her own problems and is a delight to watch. Never expected Kate Winslet to excel in the role of a detective and her versatility is just incredible here in the series.

Rating- 3.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 00:10   #3673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

I thought Love Per Square Foot was quite a sweet watch too. It’s been out there for a while now so I guess you might have seen it already.
Seconded. Love Per Square Foot is a nice cute simple story. A good one time watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Watched Line of Duty 6 - Episode 4 was brilliant, then it starts tapering out a bit. Finale was underwhelming
I seriously think they did the finale in haste. Like they got the whiff from network they won't be renewing for season 7 so they made H whoever they could manage in short time. There are couple of storylines which still didn't concluded well but stating them here will be spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Mare of Easttown playing on Hotstar and starring Kate Winslet is a riveting watch. She plays a detective while dealing with her own problems and is a delight to watch. Never expected Kate Winslet to excel in the role of a detective and her versatility is just incredible here in the series.

Rating- 3.5/5
I think it's the best role Winslet has portrayed in ages. Her acting and her sarcastic quips all through are on another level. By the way this is a slow burn but quite good.

Also The Nevers on Disney Hotstar is turning out to be very interesting.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 11:32   #3674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Where are you guys watching? I tried on Netflix but only up till Season 5 is available.
Old 13th May 2021, 12:58   #3675
BHPian

Orange is the New Black - 4.5/5 (Netflix)

Bit late in the day for a show that premiered in 2013, but this is one damn good watch. It’s 7 seasons with 13 episodes each, so get on only if your are in for the long haul.

This is not your typical white-male normative prison drama. The cast is diverse, each character is well-written. Lesbians, transgenders, differently abled, addicts, browns, yellows, whites, criminals and everyone or everything in between - is presented as humans with flaws, not romanticised or stereotyped. It’s social and political satire/commentary clothed in black comedy. Must watch, in my opinion
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-1bda2291e555437ba98b3f3e7e685bcb.jpeg  

Pequod is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks