Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 11:35   #4186
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Would highly recommend "Foundation". Sadly it's only on Apple TV but it's based on a book series by Isaac Asimov who is the father of modern Sci-Fi and probably among the GOAT writers.
It's very loosely based on the Foundation novels and if you have read the novels, the series will be thoroughly disappointing. Too much of creative license and storyline now is not even similar to what was written.
Old 31st January 2022, 12:38   #4187
Team-BHP Support

Aarya: Season 1 & 2 = 4 stars

Gripping storyline, good acting and ideal length of each season. For Sushmita fans like me, it is a very good watch.

Dexter New Blood = 4 stars

Dexter was among my top 5 shows but had the worst ending ever (except GoT & Lost). This new season corrects that & ensures that the storyline has a logical ending with the option of continuing with a brand new set of characters. Very very good.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st January 2022 at 15:28.
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:44   #4188
Team-BHP Support

Been slightly indisposed past few weeks so (unwisely) used that time to catch up on two acclaimed series:

Succession: 3.5/5

Money Heist: 4/5

My only grouse with them: they're incredibly stretched. While Succession is obviously real-time so goes on and on, MH season 1 just doesn't seem to end! Screenplay should have been tighter.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 14:42   #4189
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
It's very loosely based on the Foundation novels....
I've read a lot of Asimov (Empire series, Foundation series, The end of eternity, etc.) and while not based on the story exactly, this was still the best Sci-fi I've seen. Sadly it's on Apple TV so most people may never get to see it. But in general among the top tier Sci-fi shows I've found.
Old 31st January 2022, 14:50   #4190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Dexter New Blood = 4 stars

Dexter was among my top 5 shows but had the worst ending ever (except GoT & Lost). This new season corrects that ensures that the storyline has a logical ending with the option of continuing with a brand new set of characters. Very very good.
Awesome! Just the feedback I was looking for. I’m a big fan of Dexter too but like you said, the ending was terrible! Will look forward to the new season.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 20:16   #4191
Distinguished - BHPian

Reacher: 4.5/5 on Amazon Prime

Enthralling storyline and action throughout the episodes, just couldn't stop myself from watching all episodes in one go!

All of us are dead: 5/5 on Netflix

It's in Korean but with English subtitles, a must watch!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 07:27   #4192
Senior - BHPian

The Rocket Boys - 5/5 (Yes, Five out of Five)
Very rarely a series comes along and you cannot separate the main lead from the character they're playing. Scam 1992 did that for me, and now it's Rocket Boys. Jim Sarbh as Homi Bhabha absolutely nailed this one. The Story is about the lives of pioneering Indian Scientists (Bhabha, Sarabhai, Abdul Kalam) in the era of Independence, and the challenges they faced. The sets are brilliant, so are the dialogues, the performances, the direction, everything came together as a solid force. There are eight episodes spanning over 25 years of the lives of our scientists, and I rocketed thorough them all night. Don't miss this for THE WORLD.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 11:30   #4193
Senior - BHPian

All of us are dead: Korean zombie series.

Pretty well taken and some moments were really edge of the seat moments halfway through it and would recommend it to any fans of the genre.

4/5

Reacher is on the watchlist next. Happy to see someone play the role who fits the description of reacher in the books unlike Mr Cruise.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 14:37   #4194
Senior - BHPian

Binge watched Money Heist over last week. First heist was much better than the 2nd one. Looks like they tried to cash too much on the popularity of first 2 seasons. Way too many flashbacks in season 4 & 5, had to skip certain parts to reach to the main story. Never the less continued for closure and I guess most of the people would have finished it for same reason.

Season 1 & 2 : 5/5
Season 3,4,5 : 3/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th February 2022 at 14:43.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 00:30   #4195
Senior - BHPian

Reacher

What a fantastic first season.
Alan Ritchson is perfect casting as Reacher, as good as Jon Bernthal was for Punisher. So much better than the Tom Cruise movies which i actually enjoyed. I really hope we get more seasons of this. Don't miss it.

Rating - 10/10
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 18:51   #4196
BANNED

Rocket boys!
What a stupendous series! Must watch one!!! Jim Sarbh was terrific as Homi Bhabha. Available on Sony Liv.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th February 2022 at 07:01. Reason: Typo
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 09:03   #4197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Binge watched Money Heist over last week. First heist was much better than the 2nd one. Looks like they tried to cash too much on the popularity of first 2 seasons. Way too many flashbacks in season 4 & 5, had to skip certain parts to reach to the main story. Never the less continued for closure and I guess most of the people would have finished it for same reason.

Season 1 & 2 : 5/5
Season 3,4,5 : 3/5
Totally agree with watching the last season just for closure. It had reached the point where it was just being dragged on and on, and more issues that come up, only for them to get conveniently resolved. Anyway, we couldnt wait for it to end.

I must say the last season totally undid all the goodwill that the first 2 seasons brought, clearly a case of making hay while the sun shone.
benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 10:33   #4198

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
It's very loosely based on the Foundation novels and if you have read the novels, the series will be thoroughly disappointing. Too much of creative license and storyline now is not even similar to what was written.
Totally agree. Asimov must be turning in his grave
Old 8th February 2022, 11:29   #4199
Team-BHP Support

The entire family watched Rocket Boys over the past couple of days - and wow, what a well made series. Jim Sarbh has knocked it out of the park.

Hope more such shows get made, esp those that manage the thin line between facts, drama and sensationalism well - we need more people to be aware of our history, and the role such fierce patriots played in independent India.

5/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 12:17   #4200
BHPian

Binged through Aaranyak and thoroughly enjoyed it. Beautiful setting in Manali, and a gripping mystery. The finale goes a little over the top, but would rate the show 4/5

Recently discovered K-Dramas and have started watching them. Recommend Descendants of the Sun on Netflix, to folks who are looking for a fun romance plus Army drama. The Main leads have a Jai-Veeru Sholay vibe going which is fun to watch. 4/5 for this one as well.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks