Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 10:35   #4336
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watched Guilty Minds on Amazon.
Rating 4/5

Each episode deals with a new court case. I must say cases chosen reflect real life incidents which are grey. Overall court room depiction is great. Lead actors have done their part well. Though the speed at which judiciary addresses the cases in this show is amazing. Wish real life judiciary works at this speed.

One case is on driverless cars. Interesting to see how a judge faces moral riddles - what driverless car should do when it has to choose between run into person on the street or save the passenger. Overall perception of industrialist, rich, powerful in society is captured well.
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 14:20   #4337
BHPian

Moon Knight - solid 5/5 !

Oscar Isaac ! My god, what a terrific actor he is ! I was not much interested in Marvel's phase 4, found most new series to be meh. But this one is special. You can't tell same guy is playing multiple characters ! Yes everything is new in this moon knight universe, so you'll need to re-watch it, but Oscar performs so well. 5th episode is a visual treat to the eyes. Eagerly waiting the series finale !
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 20:40   #4338
BHPian

Ozark Season 4, Part 2 is now available on Netflix. Just watched episode 8 - hear-stopping!
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 21:49   #4339
Senior - BHPian

Watched Rocket Boys on SonyLIV.

After reading rave reviews everywhere had super high hopes. Expected it to be similar to 1992 Scam. However the personal side of story could have been a bit shorter. Never the less was amazing to see how the brilliant duo of Homi Bhabha & Vikram Sarabhai shaped Indian scientific community post independence. Jim Sarbh was absolutely stunning Ishwank (Sarabhai) & Arjun Radhakrishnan(Kalam) too did justice to their roles. Special mention for Rajit Kapur who portrayed Pt.Nehru’s character. Overall a great watch minus some of the personal storyline bits which took up a lot of time.

Rating: 4/5

Btw I took SonyLIV subscription only for a month for this show. Any other shows worth watching on this app(other than gullak)? The app still is crappy though. Was so back in 2020 when I subscribed for 1992 scam. Looks like nothing has changed.

Last edited by SoumenD : 30th April 2022 at 21:53.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 14:52   #4340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Btw I took SonyLIV subscription only for a month for this show. Any other shows worth watching on this app(other than gullak)? The app still is crappy though. Was so back in 2020 when I subscribed for 1992 scam. Looks like nothing has changed.
You can watch the following shows,

1. Tabbar
2. Maharani &
3. Undekhi (the 2nd season released just last month. It’s strictly an adult show though).

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 1st May 2022 at 14:54.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:52   #4341
Senior - BHPian

Ozark S4-P2 is live. Knowing that this is the last season, I thought I will savour it by only watching one episode in one sitting rather than binge watching and it is turning out to be extremely difficult task.
I somehow stopped second episode midway and put myself to sleep. The first episode is bomb. Needless to say it is turning out to be another 5/5 season.

For folks who have not watched this series, you need to do it at the earliest! IMO this is one of the greats in the ranks of Breaking Bad, Sopranos etc.
amol4184 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 18:11   #4342
BHPian

Couldn't help but watch all the episodes of Ozark over the weekend. It was fine - nothing different from the previous seasons - a lot of bodies, manipulations, treachery and an ending that leaves much like what things were after each season.

I don't particularly like convoluted story lines, so when it comes to the political manipulations and stuff, I shut my thinking mind off an just savour what I see on screen. I like the better call saul storyline better for there is not a lot of things happening per episode, so not many things to "worry" about.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th May 2022 at 09:56. Reason: Please avoid any kind of spoiler elements. Thank you!
Old 3rd May 2022, 18:41   #4343
BHPian

If there are Breaking Bad fans in the house, then I am sure you would have loved the "criminal" lawyer - Saul Goodman. Well, I am hooked onto the last season of "Better Call Saul" which is a spinoff of Breaking Bad. Every episode is a class act where characters spring to life. Currently ranked #59 best TV show of all time and rising up the chart.

If you like criminal stories with drug cartels with lawyer intelligence, or even want to watch something which is a complete entertainment package, then this is the show for you.
denzdm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 19:07   #4344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
3. Undekhi (the 2nd season released just last month. It’s strictly an adult show though).
Man, I could barely sit through all the episodes of the original Undekhi! Somehow the plot, Harsh Chayya’s character and his continuous abusive dialogues felt really over the top. Don’t have the courage to watch the second season.

I watched Mai last week and loved it. Sakshi Tanwar acted really well! Just 6 episodes. It’s airing on Netflix.

Currently watching Guilty Minds on Prime Video. Wrapped up 2 episodes. I started it because it has a lot of courtroom drama. Too early to pass a verdict but is watchable for sure.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:07   #4345
Team-BHP Support

Watching Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix.

A British series revolving around a MP in the midst of a scandal. Classic David Kelly.

4/5

PS: Panchayat Season 2 is out on 20-May!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 07:22   #4346
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

A British series revolving around a MP in the midst of a scandal. Classic David Kelly.

4/5
Just finished this yesterday, and it did not disappoint. Though I would say that The Undoing was more tight than this. Sienna Miller was just awesome!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 07:51   #4347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Just finished this yesterday, and it did not disappoint. Though I would say that The Undoing was more tight than this. Sienna Miller was just awesome!
Agree. Not just Sienna Miller but Michelle Dockery as well, and Nicole Kidman in The Undoing have commanded the spotlight in otherwise male-focussed shows.

Revising my rating to 5/5.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:25   #4348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Panchayat Season 2 is out on 20-May!
Super excited about this one. Watched S01 multiple times in anticipation of S02. Never gets old! I have high hopes from S02.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:03   #4349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Indeed. David E. Kelley was the reason I fell in love with television back in the 90s (before that I hardly watched anything, was more of a reader). Picket Fences and The Practice were the pick of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I've watched all of Kelley's "comeback" stuff and yes... "The Undoing" was probably the best. Little Big Lies was too derivative/contrived. "Anatomy..." started well but the main premise of the plot is too much of a coincidence to be believable (won't reveal more cuz spoiler). There were other ways to get certain characters involved but the particular way chosen beggared belief.

Quote:
Agree. Not just Sienna Miller but Michelle Dockery as well, and Nicole Kidman in The Undoing have commanded the spotlight in otherwise male-focussed shows.

Revising my rating to 5/5.
Naah, I think the previous rating was fine, notwithstanding the brilliant performances. Dockery in particular was a revelation, as used as we are to seeing her as Downton Abbey's Lady Mary

I'm watching The Crown (S3 almost done). I loved the first 2 seasons (with the young Queen) and when I'd first started S3, I lost interest because the continuity was broken (all the characters are played by new, older actors). But now that some time has passed since I watched S1 &2, I'm really enjoying it. It's gone darker in S3, especially the Aberfan mining disaster episode, which I like.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:20   #4350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Indeed. David E. Kelley was the reason I fell in love with television back in the 90s (before that I hardly watched anything, was more of a reader). Picket Fences and The Practice were the pick of the lot.

I've watched all of Kelley's "comeback" stuff and yes... "The Undoing" was probably the best. Little Big Lies was too derivative/contrived.
Undoing had this ability to take the viewers into that space. Even Little Big Lies had that ability, especially season 1. That was somehow missing here.

And Nine Perfect Strangers was a washout in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
Naah, I think the previous rating was fine, notwithstanding the brilliant performances.
Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
I'm watching The Crown (S3 almost done). I loved the first 2 seasons (with the young Queen) and when I'd first started S3, I lost interest because the continuity was broken (all the characters are played by new, older actors).
My wife’s a big fan of this series but somehow did not click for me
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks