Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2022, 12:15   #4351
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
started S3, I lost interest because the continuity was broken
Manage to get through S3 and you'll be rewarded with S4. S4 is terrific, quite on par with the first two seasons. S3, I guess, dipped a bit given the jump in time, and actors.

Claire Foy, and Olivia Colman. Good lord, such a treat to watch them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Undoing had this ability to take the viewers into that space. Even Little Big Lies had that ability, especially season 1. That was somehow missing here.
Agree, I think the first two episodes (of "Anatomy...") should have been tighter.

Quote:
And Nine Perfect Strangers was a washout in comparison.
A disaster! I watched it to the end just because I'd already committed way too much time into it.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 12:45   #4352
BHPian

Can anyone tell me "This is US" any good?

Also, if you are interested in Legos, there is a show called "Lego Masters". There is a US and Australia versions that you can check.
Old 4th May 2022, 12:57   #4353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
It is actually a highly popular show that has mostly positive reviews. I watched a few episodes but dropped it since I'd watched quite a few shows of that theme ~ family drama.
Old 4th May 2022, 14:26   #4354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

Also, if you are interested in Legos, there is a show called "Lego Masters". There is a US and Australia versions that you can check.
I watch this series and I really like it, it is a drama series and the editing is something I love about this series. In its last season now
Old 4th May 2022, 20:14   #4355
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's an offbeat but great TV series you can catch on Hotstar - "City on a hill".

The story is based on some real life incidents in Boston in the late 1980s. You have Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge as familiar faces in the spotlight; and then you have lesser known faces in plots that unfold in each season. There are 2 seasons that have aired so far, so you can binge watch these on Hotstar. Season 3 is currently under production.

Why I recommend watching the series:
* Great characterization and storyline/plot development. You start feeling for the characters involved.
* Great acting by Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge! Simply marvelous stuff, this.
* There's so many layers to the societal problems that are shown in the series; the show doesn't pontificate or depict anything in a shallow manner. All the layers and all the sides involved are shown and left for us to ruminate upon.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 14:22   #4356
BHPian

Completed "Moon Knight" yesterday and I have no idea what this series brings to the MCU or why this was made. Acting aside, the storyline is quite weak and the overall series a snooze fest.

I've seen everything from the MCU and I rate this on par with the Eternals movie. Yawn.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 15:32   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Completed "Moon Knight" yesterday and I have no idea what this series brings to the MCU or why this was made.
What the series does is to bring the Moon Knight character into the MCU. I think Marvel is moving towards a darker characters team-up (think dark Avengers) with the introduction of all these new characters like Moon Knight, Black Knight, Blade and maybe even Morbius. And it would be perhaps too costly to make individual movies for each of them.
Old 6th May 2022, 08:01   #4358
Distinguished - BHPian

Subscribed to Zee 5 as I heard they have some amazing original shows.

Can someone recommend the must see shows and also movies that is not available elsewhere but only on Zee5?

Thanks in advance!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 09:24   #4359
BHPian

Is there anyone, inclined towards ACI/Air Crash Investigation/Mayday from Nat geo?

It was so good in the old days to just watch that documentary series on the TV.

+ the knowledge and the exclamation it bought, I'd say hats off the creators!

Its off air now, as I believe [In India at least].
Old 6th May 2022, 10:52   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoyal1996 View Post
Is there anyone, inclined towards ACI/Air Crash Investigation/Mayday from Nat geo?

It was so good in the old days to just watch that documentary series on the TV.

+ the knowledge and the exclamation it bought, I'd say hats off the creators!

Its off air now, as I believe [In India at least].
I am a huge fan of Air Crash Investigations. I re-watched quite a few episodes on YouTube in the last few years. Somehow could not connect with the more recent seasons as much as the ones before. I think I chose the wrong episodes with the smaller private aircrafts.
It was a finely made show for that time. I remember avidly watching it during 2003-2007 phase [Thursday nights, I think]. Heck, it even got me interested so much in aviation and simulation flying. I still use the old Microsoft simulator and X plane [not so much these days] to do round the globe trips in a 737-400 using a basic joystick.
zurura023 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 11:48   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurura023 View Post
I am a huge fan of Air Crash Investigations. I re-watched quite a few episodes on YouTube in the last few years. Somehow could not connect with the more recent seasons as much as the ones before. I think I chose the wrong episodes with the smaller private aircrafts.
It was a finely made show for that time. I remember avidly watching it during 2003-2007 phase [Thursday nights, I think]. Heck, it even got me interested so much in aviation and simulation flying. I still use the old Microsoft simulator and X plane [not so much these days] to do round the globe trips in a 737-400 using a basic joystick.
+1, The episodes later on with chopper crashes or smaller planes could never get me so much interested...

One google search can get some legit links to all the episodes.

That thing is running in its 22/23rd instalment right now.

Crazy, ain't it? It still must be having some decent following, I guess.
pgoyal1996 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 23:31   #4362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Subscribed to Zee 5 as I heard they have some amazing original shows.

Can someone recommend the must see shows and also movies that is not available elsewhere but only on Zee5?
The few original series I found worth watching are Kaafir and to a certain extent Bloody Brothers. ZEE5 doesn’t have those binge worthy movies and series’s yet. The last movie I saw is Love Hostel starring Bobby Deol and that was sometime ago. Content is still a weakness for ZEE5 !!
Old 6th May 2022, 23:47   #4363
BHPian

If anyone has been following Bosch on Amazon Prime. The new Bosch Legacy is now streaming.
roamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 18:14   #4364
Senior - BHPian

SonyLIV marathon: Took 1 month subscription mainly to watch rocket boys and Gullak. While its active tried checking out some more.

Gullak season-3: A rare show I watched with whole family. Everyone enjoyed it. All actors have done a great job. Nice relatable stories as well. Much recommended clean family entertainer.

Rating: 4/5

Cubicles season-2 on SonyLIV. Nice light hearted series just like season-1. A typical tvf series for youngsters, specially IT folks in 20s. Not as great as Panchayat, but watchable.

Rating:3/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
You can watch the following shows,

1. Tabbar
2. Maharani &
3. Undekhi (the 2nd season released just last month. It’s strictly an adult show though).
Thanks for the recommendations.

Watched Tabbar for Pavan Malhotra who IMO is one of the most underrated actors. He was great. Storyline was okay-ish. Could have been shorter. Felt slow at times.

Rating: 3/5

Undekhi seems to be the highest watched series in SonyLIV but didn’t understand why. It’s a typical masala flick and seems to be getting stretched pointlessly. Kept forwarding it. Easily avoidable. Only good thing about this series was the locations. They are b-e-a-u-tiful

Rating: 1/5

Maharani I started and lost interest within first 20 minutes.

Guess am done with SonyLIV for now. Except 1992 scam, Gullak & Rocket boys nothing else seems binge worthy. Moreover the app is super crappy to cast on TV.

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th May 2022 at 18:31.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 18:48   #4365
Team-BHP Support

Tehran, is back with Season 2 on Apple TV+.

(Only two episodes out as of now) A tale of an Israeli agent undercover in Iran. Season 1 was really good and looks like the new season will live up to it.

4.5/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks