Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 10:53   #4621
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Delhi Crime Season 2 Netflix
Thanks for the recommendation! Watched it & loved it. Rating 4 / 5 stars. Shefali is just an exceptional actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Watching Maharani season 2 on Sony Liv. I liked season 1 and felt season 2 was better( couple of episodes to go).
How much would you rate it? I found Season 1 to be quite forgettable.

For fans of Bollywood, Season 2 of the Bollywood Wives is out. Opinions are very divided on this show, but I loved Season 1 so am enjoying Season 2.

GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 11:02   #4622

After finishing with the superb jaw-dropping German series 'Dark', I thought of starting with 'Bridgerton' from my watchlist.

What a blunder!

This is how Netflix is losing the plot. It may be perfectly all right for mixed-race / inter-racial ensemble in shows from present or the future. But black Queen and knights in 18th century England? Are you out of your mind? What a disaster! I could not even stomach the first episode. There is a limit to wokism.

I then detoxed with 'Bodyguard' (Netflix). This is an absolute must-watch! I am leaning towards mini / limited series these days. Can finish watching in a day or two. 'The Stranger' is also good, though not necessarily your priority watch. Didn't much like 'Clickbait', which I abandoned a few minutes into the first episode.
udaji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 11:18   #4623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How much would you rate it? I found Season 1 to be quite forgettable.
I liked Season 1 also. Season 1 was a 3/5 for me and Season 2 I would rate it 3.5/5. Season 2 is a little more unpredictable, the political machinations and plotting is harder to predict and the last 2 episodes set the stage for what can be an interesting season 3.

Having said that, if you found season 1 forgettable, season 2 may only be slightly better.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 11:29   #4624
BHPian

Al-Hayba streaming on Netflix is a Lebanese mafia show. Unlike the most middle-eastern TV shows I've seen so far, this is interesting show which highlights the family traditions and close to actual life around the region. Excellent storyline, great acting by the lead characters, not bloody though it is mafia themed.

Unfortunately, the netflix is ending this show on Sep 14th.
https://www.netflix.com/in/title/81003648
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 19:48   #4625
Team-BHP Support

Highly recommend Bad Sisters on Apple TV+. A show about five sisters and their lives; nice dark humour.

4.5/5
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 09:44   #4626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
This is how Netflix is losing the plot. It may be perfectly all right for mixed-race / inter-racial ensemble in shows from present or the future. But black Queen and knights in 18th century England? Are you out of your mind? What a disaster! I could not even stomach the first episode. There is a limit to wokism.
The wokes have taken over. Look what they did to LOTR with the "Rings of Power". An elf or color? Sure, he looks handsome enough to be an elf, but what does an elf of color signify? Elves are themselves a race according to the story, so are they trying to imply that there are sub races within elves?

In the name of inclusivity these people are spoiling classic epics.

Some time back there was talk of Idris Alba playing James Bond. Well, am certainly okay with that. But that is because he has the charisma to play one, not because we need to bring inclusivity to Bond.
dragonfire is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 09:50   #4627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
The first season is actually a lot better than the second. Should not be missed. However the acting by all the actors is top class. Fabulous casting.
Thanks buddy, will definitely watch it. I agree with the performance of the actors especially the DCP Shefali Shah. Her performance was natural and composed.
prabhu789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 19:50   #4628
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For fans of Bollywood, Season 2 of the Bollywood Wives is out. Opinions are very divided on this show, but I loved Season 1 so am enjoying Season 2.
Am going to have to eat my words. YUCK! What a horrible show. Started off enthusiastically with the initial 2 episodes, but there is way too much fake drama and hours spent on frivolous nonsense.

Best avoided.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 21:10   #4629
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Norsemen - Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
The Norsemen - Would rate it 3.5 / 5

Kind of a spoof on the Vikings.
The characters are basically ruthless pillagers but with a humorous twist.
On one side they are polite in their conversations, very patient and the next second would slay someone or torture someone without the slightest hint of remorse.
The timeline is supposed to be 790 AD around a group of Vikings living in the village of Norheim.

It has 3 seasons as of now.
Norsemen on Netflix: 4 / 5

Just endorsing this one. I’ve seen all three seasons in early lockdown and have actually seen reruns a few times too. Its absolutely hilarious with some top notch dark humour.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 10:32   #4630
Senior - BHPian

Rings Of Power:

Finished the first episode over 3 sittings! The pilot episode should set the tone for the series and should engulf you enough for you to be interested to continue with the next episode and so on.

With this, I am not at all waiting to see the next episodes.

Even Elon Musk is criticizing it! And he's someone who i generally don't agree with
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 18:46   #4631
RYP
BHPian

Name:  houseofthedragoncharacterposters700x7001.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  272.2 KB

Big time Game of Thrones fan here. I started with the books after being hooked on by the show. After the sheer disappointment of Season 8 (story is good but D&D botched the pacing and screenplay), wasn't much looking forward towards many rumored spin-off from this universe. House of the Dragon announcement and trailers were promising, but i wasn't sure the writers will embrace the soul of GoT, which is not the action/spectacle but the dialogues, characters & the setting. But boy I was surprised, HBO delivered and delivered so well that i'm hooked yet again.

Yes we have Dragons from the get go, but what's interesting is the characters. Be it the incredibly grey Daemon Targaryen, Alicent Hightower, ever scheming Otto Hightower (kind of a Littlefinger and Tywin Lannister rolled into one), kinda naive but brave Rhaenyra Targaryen, indecisive King Viserys Targaryen, the queen who never was - Rhaenys Targaryen, new noble Houses which were not in GoT show like the Velaryons & Hightowers and the good old cunning Lannisters make for incredible viewing and a great start to the series. Dialogues were on point and has a lot of subtext. George RR Martin is the King of "what's not said" and this proves yet again. Looking forward to how all this is going to pan out to be the worst Civil War Westeros has ever witnessed. An easy 9/10. Dracarys!

Last edited by RYP : 9th September 2022 at 19:00.
RYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 20:48   #4632
BHPian

Guys, my Amazon Prime membership has ended. The renewal page has Autopay feature which ensures auto debit till 2028. Is there a way to make only yearly payment?
Old 9th September 2022, 21:01   #4633
BHPian

Season 2 of Indian Matchmaking is out, I'm doomed to (being forced to) watch it anyway, but just asking if it's any good - so I know what to expect.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 08:06   #4634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Season 2 of Indian Matchmaking is out, I'm doomed to (being forced to) watch it anyway, but just asking if it's any good - so I know what to expect.
Short answer - no.

Long answer - they have made some improvements with regards to the previous season but the episodes start to drag towards the end. And there's clear effort made to keep it open ended for a 3rd season (or even more). Not worth a watch if you ask me.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 08:16   #4635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, my Amazon Prime membership has ended. The renewal page has Autopay feature which ensures auto debit till 2028. Is there a way to make only yearly payment?
I cancelled the subscription precisely for this reason though I still have many series in my watch list. I removed the account linkage as well from Amazon. To my surprise I got 30 days free post which I can go ahead with subscription. Once 30 days are over one can renew by paying only for one year. One option is to add 1499 to Amazon pay and subscribe.

Do not want to fall into trap of getting into endless subscription.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 10th September 2022 at 08:18.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks