Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2022, 15:56   #4711
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Season 5 of The Crown was released this week, and given how much I've enjoyed the past seasons, thought of binge watching it - a couple of episodes / night.
Overall, a fair disappointment.

3/5
Damn ! I was looking forward to the 5th season, mainly due to the addition of Jonny Lee Miller (Loved him in Elementary as the modern day Sherlock and Trainspotting). Will still probably watch it for him.
Old 14th November 2022, 16:41   #4712
BHPian

Just started watching 'Spotify'; the famous Daniel Ek; biography. Watched two episodes, a bit slow to start, but appears to be nicely setup..

Wont give any rating as of now until I finish watching it. Anyone watched it yet!?
Old 14th November 2022, 18:25   #4713
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched 'Manifest-Season 4'. Manifest has seen some bad reviews from most members here who have watched it. I personally liked the first season and a half, it was never great, but good pass-time when you did not know what to watch.

Even by my low standards and expectations, Season 4 is pretty bad. Lot of terms like 'Blue Sapphire', 'Divine Consciousness', 'Angels and Dragons', God Particle etc.. thrown around. Sure it would have been an effort for the actors to keep a straight face when mouthing those lines.

Should have ended in 2 seasons max and it now has a 5th season coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Just started watching 'Spotify'; the famous Daniel Ek; biography. Watched two episodes, a bit slow to start, but appears to be nicely setup..

Wont give any rating as of now until I finish watching it. Anyone watched it yet!?
Yes, watched and liked it. Not too dramatic, goes at the same pace. The concept of each episode being told from a different person's viewpoint is nice.
Old 14th November 2022, 19:50   #4714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Damn ! I was looking forward to the 5th season, mainly due to the addition of Jonny Lee Miller
He's got screen time of maybe 15min total across the season. I'm most disappointed by Imelda Staunton, who is otherwise a terrific actor. She just hasn't got it right this time.

Do watch the season though; it's good. Just not par the excellent standards the previous seasons have set.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 10:29   #4715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Season 5 of The Crown was released this week, and given how much I've enjoyed the past seasons, thought of binge watching it - a couple of episodes / night.

Overall, a fair disappointment.

1) The cast is no where as stellar as the previous two sets (season 1& 2, and 3 & 4); they're all big name actors but they haven't got their characterisation right
2) The storyline isn't as tight, nor are the dialogues

Will still pull through the season.

3/5
Agree with what you've mentioned. I was disappointed with the casting.
Also, a lot of cinematic liberty has been taken with some of the events picturised in the series, right down to the Queen's speech. All these take away from what it was supposed to be, and whats been dished out.

Disappointing season.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 11:10   #4716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just started on it yesterday, saw two episodes so far.

The casting is not right this time. Charles is looking too handsome, he was never that.

And I had a dejavu feeling watching Prince Philips and Lady Romsey practicing chariot driving. Haven't I seen them together before...

Yes, in Ronin... [Jonathan Pryce & Natascha McElhone]

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-20221118.png

Last edited by Samurai : 18th November 2022 at 11:12.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 23:34   #4717
BHPian

Finished watching Inside Man on Netfix. Absolute edge of the seat stuff. Refreshingly original plot.
casnov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 00:25   #4718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Watched 'Manifest-Season 4'. Manifest has seen some bad reviews.
Agreed. The story is all over the place. In attempt to gather interest, dead characters are having screen time by means of flashbacks. I think it's the last season and when it resumes post fall break, I doubt it will pick-up any steam due to lax story line. But hey, since I remained invested till now, I will rather watch till the end.
Old 20th November 2022, 01:01   #4719
BHPian

Fans of Yellowstone, the 5th season is live on Amazon Prime Video.

Seasons 1-4: 4.5/5*

Cinematography - Montana is beautiful (Far Cry 5 Video Game on TV). All the better if you happen to have a large screen
Refreshing story - the other side of America which does not get much coverage
Performance and Screenplay - kudos to Taylor Sheridan and the entire cast
Direction - has vibes of FF Coppola and Martin Socrcese at times

Hope the high expectations are not let down in the new season.

*Like the vernacular teacher in school used to say, there is always scope of improvement, so I cut 0.5 points

Last edited by mayukh42 : 20th November 2022 at 01:03.
mayukh42 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 15:44   #4720
BHPian

Watched Mukhbir on Zee5
Rating 3.5/5

This is a story of a spy. 1965. A spy who is an average Joe, no combat skills but is a street smart with sharp brains.Good direction, loses pace at places but overall it's a good watch. No breath taking sequences or suspense. Cast is mixed experience. Lead actor looks or acts stupid in certain scenes. Pak army's ranked officers depiction is funny at places.
But it gives you a peek back in time. Sticks to the plot, avoiding romance or other traps.
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 10:39   #4721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Fans of Yellowstone, the 5th season is live on Amazon Prime Video.
How did you watch this ? Am getting an error message saying "This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location"
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 12:40   #4722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
How did you watch this ? Am getting an error message saying "This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location"
I checked after reading your comment. I started Season 1 Episode 1. It is running fine. I am in Pune.
Old 21st November 2022, 16:18   #4723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
I checked after reading your comment. I started Season 1 Episode 1. It is running fine. I am in Pune.
Yeah we can stream 4 seasons without any issues, its for the 5th season, am getting this message.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 16:31   #4724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I didn't actually click on any episode in season 5 yet, because I saw only 2 are being listed and I want to binge watch once the entire season is out. Did not know it is not yet watchable.

From Justwatch it seems Amazon is making it available for purchase in some countries, so maybe it will be released after some time so that the impatient buys it first. I'll wait though
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 19:10   #4725
Team-BHP Support

1899 - Netflix

Hope people have started watching 1899. Its from the makers of Dark. I absolutely tripped on Dark and from the 1.5 episodes I’ve watched so far this one (although slow) looks like it holds the same promise.

Overall reviews from people who’ve watched the whole series is also VERY positive.

The background score (like Dark) is really brilliant too. Ominous to the core, as it needs to be.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed