Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 18:06   #4861
Team-BHP Support

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
The Americans [ Disney Hotstar ]

Rating: 5/5

While watching, I always wondered how it would eventually end and I was sure it would go the Lost or Dexter way.

But what an ending - it was almost perfect.

The series is a must watch. Not for kids though - lots of nudity and loud love making scenes.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 19:25   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Rocket Boys-2 SonyLiv
... Highly recommended.
Rating: 4/5
Completely agree, gem of a series. Rating it 4/5

Only critique on this was the introduction of the character Raza(or was it Reza?), although the acting itself was excellent, could have done without the intrigue it brought.
Of course Kalam doing last minute heroics in setting off the bomb was also avoidable.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:37   #4863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The series is a must watch. Not for kids though - lots of nudity and loud love making scenes.
Is the hotstar version uncensored? They usually removed such scenes for Indian audience.
Old 29th March 2023, 10:09   #4864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is the hotstar version uncensored? They usually removed such scenes for Indian audience.
It was uncensored when I saw it a couple of years back.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 17:08   #4865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is the hotstar version uncensored?
Yes, it is uncensored. Though the nudity or the love making scenes do not distract from the main story, the series is not to watched with kids or parents around.
Old 30th March 2023, 03:20   #4866
BHPian

Finished watching "Human: The World Within" on Netflix. It is a non-fiction documentary about our bodies, one function / part per episode. The creator has done a very good job to share a lot of relevant information about our own bodies which we may not know. Quite an informative series and kids we will learn a thing or two.
The animations are decent and not awesome. Also, presence of a lot of Indian origin doctors as narrators does keeps our attention high and makes it slightly more interesting :-).

Rated: 4/5

Thankyou
ShankarG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:02   #4867

Doesn't anybody else miss HBO on Hotstar? Any ideas on how to watch HBO shows in India going forward?
udaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:44   #4868
Senior - BHPian

How the hell to watch SUCCESSION? Damn you Hotstar. The timing of cutting cord with HBO was pathetic. I am desperately waiting to watch season 4.
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 09:57   #4869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
The Americans [ Disney Hotstar ]

What works is the well paced drama, very less action, solid acting by all, the side characters not getting thrown out at will but getting a closure in later episodes, and the context of the cold war. No clear heroes or villains, no glamourisation of spies or the FBI here. As one of the spies says at the end "We were just doing a job".

Rating: 5/5

ps - Some may find the pace too slow, and the background of the cold war too 'academic'.
Just started the season 2, its getting better, seems very realistic and believable compared to Homeland.
Old 4th April 2023, 11:56   #4870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
Doesn't anybody else miss HBO on Hotstar? Any ideas on how to watch HBO shows in India going forward?
I believe HBO shows will be available on Prime Video (thats what I read somewhere). However, it will not be a straightforward experience, as it will probably be a nested subscription within Prime Video - probably something like Lionsgate Play etc.

Just have to wait till it gets announced. I have no reason to continue my Hotstar subscription except for Sports, but looks like Jio has entered that segment as well. Only time will tell...
vsathyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 12:01   #4871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
nested subscription within Prime Video -
I recently renewed Prime subscription after a long time and the UI has gotten quite cluttered now. I am finding it difficult to figure out which is available free and which is subscription. Anyway, what I'd like ask is whether you must have prime subscription to go for any nested subscription? Or you can skip prime? For e.g. let's say I want to go for Lionsgate subscription, do I need to have prime subscription too?
Old 5th April 2023, 21:13   #4872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The other zombie apocalypse serial which I have been watching is The Walking Dead which has ended globally but the last season is yet to air on Netflix India. The last few seasons were watchable but I've got to give it a closure.
Season 11 right? I see its available. Am on S7E7 currently. Till Season 6 it was nice but this season has too much gore and at times feels a bit dragged. However will continue watching till the end. Somehow I love zombie apocalypse content

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th April 2023 at 07:35. Reason: As requested
Old 11th April 2023, 11:34   #4873
BHPian

Pennyworth (2019–2022): This will always be in my top 10 list of series. It has the look and feel of a good 1960s spy movie. Superb casting, great performances, and a mix of genres—action, thriller, romance, humour, and suspense. They have made the show sparkle with a mostly unknown cast. I never thought that I would ever see the background story of #Alfred, but thanks to HBO, I have. However, it has nothing to do with Gotham, yet they added the Wayne family to it. I would cry out loud if they chose to end the show after season 2. But after watching the mess they have made in season 3, I am happy that it ended on a good note rather than stretching till it was worn out.

8/10

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-20230411-11_25_54pennyworth-2019.jpg
Old 11th April 2023, 18:24   #4874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Just started the season 2, its getting better, seems very realistic and believable compared to Homeland.
"The Americans" is one of the finest shows out there with a satisfying end. It is very underrated. The story is very believable and the actors in the show have done splendid job.
But yes as people told, there are sex scenes and all but they don't hamper story.
Old 11th April 2023, 19:01   #4875
BHPian

Hotstar! not so hot after loosing out on HBO off late.

"The last of us" was the last of the shows that I watched on HBO before it went packing.
Came across the series called "The company you keep" from abc studios which is included with Hotstar seems good. It feels fresh even with the usual conman and CIA agent fall for each other and the Irish mob added to the mix. It seems like a good watch. No cuss words, decent watch with some mushy scenes, no nudity. I am currently watching S01E04 interesting till now.

Most Viewed