Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 00:04   #481
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

Have been watching 'Two and a half men' in the last couple of months. It has to be one of the best comedy shows ever. This guy Charlie Harper is just amazing
Old 1st March 2012, 20:19   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yeah, I watched all 6 seasons too - finished it about a month back. After a really long time, found a series that I could watch without getting bored. Really loved Dexter's character. Awesome, what a killer character
+1

After hearing lot of praises of "Dexter" Morgan on this thread, i completed 4 seasons of it and I must say it is a great series.

Awaiting to finish 5 and 6. Season 4 climax was kinda shocking.. and the writers know how to keep the audience wanting for more.

I like the short subtle reponses of Dexter even in complicated situations, great acting and character adaptation by Michael Hall.

Trivia: Just came to know that Deb(Jennifer Carpenter) and Dexter were married during 2008-10.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:12   #483
BHPian

Crime Patrol, how far do they sensationalize? how much is the truth? Its a nice show to watch occasionally but not frequently.
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:54   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Crime Patrol, how far do they sensationalize? how much is the truth? Its a nice show to watch occasionally but not frequently.
Crime Patrol is pretty good I feel. You get an estimate of how much have morals gone down in our country.
Old 4th March 2012, 09:56   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I finished the 4th season yesterday, and boy - it was fantastic. This goes down in my books as the best TV drama series ever.
The way season 4 ended, it will be a challenge to maintain the flow of the narration to season 5.
Breaking Bad is no doubt superb but i think that honour goes to 'The Wire'
Frivolous nitpicking apart, Wire is highly recommended. If you're into gritty realistic dramas, don't miss it. I'd recommend watching it with a reading of David Simon's (creator of the show) 'The Corner'. Superb insight into inner city dynamics. Americans come up with some superb TV shows and characters.
Old 8th March 2012, 18:32   #486
BANNED

I have been very disappointing with the newly started "Comedy Central" channel. They keep repeating the same few episodes of the few sitcoms they show. There is an episode of the serial "Hope and Faith" which has been repeated atleast 10 times in the last month.

One channel I have been waiting for a long time to come to India is Nick-At-Night.
In the US, the channel which shows Nickelodeon in the day time changes to Nick-At-Night at night time (because kids who watch Nickelodeon are asleep, right?). Nickelodeon shows old TV sitcoms(Lucy, Cosby, Cheers, Becker, old SNL episodes etc) through the night - it's good fun for insomniacs. I hope Nick-At-Night comes to India soon - I mean, Nickelodeon must be having very little viewership after 9:00 pm or so, right?

Last edited by carboy : 8th March 2012 at 18:34.
Old 8th March 2012, 20:12   #487
BHPian

2 and a half men
Big Bang theory
Simpsons

I love this three , I used to be hooked on to Lost 2 years ago. Sometimes I watch outsourced as well.
Old 10th March 2012, 10:01   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
For people who want a crime series closer to realty watch Sarah Lund in Forbrydelsen (The Killing). Watch the danish language with English Subtitles which was aired on BBC.
Just finished the season I. Please recommend more of these kind.
Old 10th March 2012, 20:25   #489
BHPian

Pan Am is nice in it own way. I have seen about 5 episodes and i liked all of them. Its about air hostess and pilots flying for Pan Am. More of a drama genre. 4/5
Old 10th March 2012, 21:43   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Just finished the season I. Please recommend more of these kind.
Brilliant Right, Sarah Lund runs the show really well. I would recommend Hercule Poirot (David suchet, 1990's -2000's) and Inspector Morse. These are 100 minute episodes but the way the are made takes you to those era.
Old 17th March 2012, 21:30   #491
Senior - BHPian

Created a Post for this, but got deleted instead of just being moved here, anyways does anyone here watch The Walking Dead?

Big Finale tomm! Any ideas what could happen? I just want this show to last for 2 more seasons max, any more and I guess I will end up getting bored like it did with Lost,

South Park is back! and it's back with a bang,

Going to start watching Haven soon, any opinions? Also do watch American Horror show, loved the pilot,

Regards,
Old 19th March 2012, 15:08   #492
BHPian

Did you see the first episode of Castle Season 4. Did Beckett not die really? How does she come back?
Old 19th March 2012, 15:25   #493
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Crime Patrol is pretty good I feel. You get an estimate of how much have morals gone down in our country.
For me, Crime Patrol has become pretty disturbing since Anup Soni took over as the anchor. The days when it used to be hosted by Shakti Anand, it was perfect.

The way they now depict rape and some brutal murders (read chopping of heads etc.) are very uncalled for.
Old 21st March 2012, 13:24   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread

(Sorry for OT, this is related to the English TV series "24" and not a movie , well maybe 24: Redemption, is a movie and is part of this series!)

I am a big fan of the TV series 24 and have all 8 seasons of it on DVDs!
Personally, it is a great concept and actually beats most English movies.
Out of all the seasons, my personal favourite is season 2.

For fans of Kiefer Sutherland, the new series called "Touch" is starting on 24th March, 8PM on Star World.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 21st March 2012, 18:45   #495
BANNED

Re: The English Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
(Sorry for OT, this is related to the English TV series "24" and not a movie , well maybe 24: Redemption, is a movie and is part of this series!)

I am a big fan of the TV series 24 and have all 8 seasons of it on DVDs!
Personally, it is a great concept and actually beats most English movies.
Out of all the seasons, my personal favourite is season 2.

For fans of Kiefer Sutherland, the new series called "Touch" is starting on 24th March, 8PM on Star World.

Regards,
Behemoth
24 has been discussed earlier in this thread. Was one of my favourite serials - but it peaked at "season 5" which was the best. seasons 6 & 7 were awful and 8 was OK.

However, as far as drama serials go - I found Shield also really good. Haven't seen the final season, but every other season is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks