Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 15:06   #4936
BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

The final 90 minutes of Succession was just breathtaking, way to end! It's the best TV has to offer - do watch.
gnome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 21:55   #4937
BHPian

One of the best shows I have seen recently.

Synopsis: A young chef from the fine dining world returns to Chicago to run his family's sandwich shop.

Season 1 is available on Hotstar with Season 2 coming in July.

P242 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:33   #4938
Senior - BHPian

Release date for season 2 announced.
Attached Images

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 15:29   #4939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Release date for season 2 announced.
Haven't watched the Indian version but is it an exact copy of the original (one with Hugh Laurie)? If so, it is the second part as the image says, or season 2? Season 2 of the original hasn't even been announced, although speculated for long.
Old 1st June 2023, 10:47   #4940
Distinguished - BHPian

The Beauty of Ted Lasso - In todays day and age where everything is about being super-human, Ted Lasso takes a completely contrarian view and shows us that its perfectly ok to be just human. The series finale is a celebration of emotions and experiences, which is no way near perfect. But then coach beard got it right when he says that perfection is boring.

I think that the glut of misinformation has neutralized current generations' capacity to believe in something. The continuous assault of memes, scams and skullduggery have ensured that cynicism is the default reaction and true belief is buried deep down in the cellar, along with moments of joy and hope.

The creators of Ted Lasso, along with Jason Sudekis and a unique band of actors, have delivered a show that should be studied to understand the art of character building and storytelling. The story arc for many of them is very simple (ex. MacAdoo) but is punctuated with something very mundane, everyday human emotions, which are displayed front and center in a very refreshing manner.

I don’t know if its just me, but this series helped me focus on the smaller things, reflect back on moments of joy/sorrow and helped me realized that its ok to believe again.

Definitely going to go back and watch many times. Rating it a full 5/5.

Last edited by procrj : 1st June 2023 at 10:49.
procrj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 11:18   #4941
Team-BHP Support

Finished Season 4 of Succession.

While the overall series, and even this season have been terrific, I think I just got slightly bored with the recurring theme: esp. the three siblings trying to outdo each other. Unlike previous seasons, there are barely any parallel threads in this season, eg. for individual characters. It's all focused on one topic.

The finale... well, it is a very fitting end to the series, and there are varying reasons why it was a good ending. Was just reading the Reddit thread on this, and people have offered a lot of different perspective.

4/5
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:40   #4942

The Orville - Hotstar

It is a Sci-Fi TV Show with inspiration from Star Trek. The themes and story arcs are good. The series is based on Space exploration and has elements of Human relationships, different cultures, evolution of technology and its impact. There are 3 seasons till date.

The Mandalorian - Season 3 - Hotstar
This is the TV show which renewed interest in Star Wars. Season 3 continues the Star Wars story. The season 3 may not be as better as season 1 and 2, but lays out basis for interesting future probable stories.
If you are interested in future Star Wars shows, do watch 'Star Wars - Rebels' show which has some links to upcoming shows such as 'Ashoka'.
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:45   #4943
BHPian

Mayor of Kingstown (Season 1, 2021): Phenomenal Well written, superb direction and cinematography, wonderful casting—this is what you were waiting for. Do watch it.

9/10

Mayor of Kingstown (Season 2, 2023): Unlike Season 1, this season has many occasions where it feels like drag and sloth. Jeremy has so much on his plate that he can't deal with it, and if there's one performance you want to talk about except Jeremy, it's Taylor Handley. What a performance! There is no wow factor, but it's watchable.

6/10

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-ffcjfslakaaeevr.jpg
GhostGrid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 08:50   #4944
Distinguished - BHPian

SCOOP- Netfilx

Hanslal Mehta has just delivered another outstanding series to us to savour after Scam 92. Based on a true story and on a book written by journalist Jigna Vora, the series is a must watch. Superb casting, brilliant performances and enough intrigue to hold your attention all through. Episodes are long but the series itself consists only six episodes.

Perfect casting of Karishma Tanna as the protagonist, she probably has played the role of her career. Harman Baweja, Deven Bhojani, Mohammed Zeeshan Ayub are inspired casting, I never thought Harman Baweja can act that good. Every casting is pitch perfect. Even the guest appearance of Bangla Superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee seems like perfect since his was a small but very significant role in the whole context of the series.

All in all, must watch, specially in these times of media manipulations. The series is an eye opener for people who think that everything shown/ written in the media in the garb of journalism is the gospel truth. Stories like these are needed to be told. Highly recommended.

Rating- 5/5

New Amsterdam Season 3 Netfilx

After the two seasons, the new season of this medical drama is back. Painful parts of the pandemic were shown during the early episodes and continued thereafter in some form or the other. Folks who have seen the earlier seasons will continue to like his one as well. This is one medical series where everything turns out to be good at the end, most of the time. Good Light hearted watch.

Rating- 3/5

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 3rd June 2023 at 08:54.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 16:00   #4945
BHPian

Happened to watch Citadel on Amazon Prime video - too much hyped with average CGI. I would rate it at - 2.5/5.

Also had started to watch The Diplomat on Netflix but stopped watching it after 5-6 or so episodes. The actors talked till their mouths and my head hurt, eventually I could not follow what was happening - may be it will interest the serious watchers / political drama watching types. - 1.5/5

I came across this series called Justified on Amazon Prime video and man!!! what a show!! Gun slinging US Marshal show, feels like a modern day western. lot of funny lines thrown in. Already completed two of the six seasons and it is still going strong. Super!! not for kids though - some extreme violence and gore - 4.5/5
Sunil@KA25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 09:51   #4946
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Another recommendation for Scoop on Netflix. 3 episodes in and loving it. Best part is, it's the true story of journalist Jigna Vora. Well-paced, great story and good acting.

Watch it.

GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 10:28   #4947
Distinguished - BHPian

Rings of Power : 4 / 5

Finally got time to watch the first season of the Rings of Power, a creative take of some of the chapters from the Silmarillion - a wonderful wonderful book which covers a vast timelines in which the LOTR is basically just a chapter towards the end. No wonder it is not going to be an easy task to cover any part of this detailed document into the visual mode; and I must say the Amazon team have done quite a decent job.

Disclaimer to those who haven't read the book - you will not be able to enjoy this series; this is one series that requires the knowledge of the book. And that probably explains why the series got such a drubbing against the House of Dragons last year.
Old 4th June 2023, 11:09   #4948
Senior - BHPian

The Days (3/5)
Netflix's recreation of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster was no Chernobyl, and I was expecting something similar. The courage of the staff managing the units, the true size of the calamity, and the sets, were impressive. But it felt stretched in places. Wished there were more insights. You can certainly watch it considering there is no other documentary on the incident, but to me, Chernobyl is a masterpiece in all departments and still holds the title.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-screen-shot-20230604-9.32.50-am.png  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 11:14   #4949
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The Days
Chernobyl is a masterpiece in all departments and still holds the title.
Came here to write just about the same.

Also, the acting, storyline and choreography is top notch in Chernobyl. It's all over the place in The Days.
Old 4th June 2023, 17:46   #4950
Senior - BHPian

Fubar Avoid it like the plague. Extremely poor and total Cringe-worthy.
14000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks