Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2023, 14:31   #5176
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Takeshi's Castle on Amazon Prime.

Honestly, they shouldn't have bothered. Nothing wrong with the show itself, it's a fun watch (on mute), but for those of us who grew up with the original Hindi dub, nobody's going to match JJ and his 'raapchik replays'.
The dubbing is so boring/irritating that I searched for the old Hindi dub (Javed Jaffrey) and watched few episodes. I stopped the new one in 10-15 mins.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 15:22   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Takeshi's Castle on Amazon Prime.

Honestly, they shouldn't have bothered. Nothing wrong with the show itself, it's a fun watch (on mute), but for those of us who grew up with the original Hindi dub, nobody's going to match JJ and his 'raapchik replays'.
Absolutely. I had no idea of who this Bhuvan Bam was until this Takeshis trailer popped up in my recommends, apparently some hotshot youtuber. The trailer was enough for me to not watch, and as naveen said, had to watch a few "bambababam swaagatam!" intros and the "raapchik" replays of the skipping stones and the skate rollers to get back to JJ . Truly the good old days!

Last edited by 100Kmphormore : 7th November 2023 at 15:30.
Old 8th November 2023, 11:26   #5178
Senior - BHPian

REACHER Season 2 - Official Trailer

The second season of “Reacher” will debut with the first three of its eight episodes on Dec. 15. New episodes will then drop weekly every Friday through Jan. 19, 2024.
RM Motorsports is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 20:39   #5179
BHPian

I'm a fan of the Yellowstone series and have been eagerly waiting for Season 5 to be released in Prime Video. No information on when it will be available. Does anyone know?
Old 9th November 2023, 10:45   #5180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
I'm a fan of the Yellowstone series and have been eagerly waiting for Season 5 to be released in Prime Video. No information on when it will be available. Does anyone know?
Even I was eagerly waiting for S5 but now no hopes. Last time I saw, the entire series has been taken down from Prime. Looking for alternate streaming channels.
Old 9th November 2023, 14:11   #5181
BHPian

Aspirants

Revolves around a group of three friends who prepare for the gruelling Indian civil service selection exam conducted by the UPSC. The narrative jumps from the present, where one of them is a District Magistrate to the past, when all three were staring at an uncertain future shared by all aspirants vying for a handful of spots in what is acknowledged as one of the toughest selection processes in the world. Friendship and romantic relationships are put to the test as the long hours, the fierce competition and the sheer scale of the exam and it's demands exacts a personal toll on each of them.

The first season sets the tone but also fails to capture the technicalities of what sets the whole civil services world and it's selection process apart. The second season more than makes up for it by delving into details and beautifully depicting the ethical and moral conflicts that top bureaucrats go through. The performances are top notch from actors that I have not seen before. Each season is five episodes long as the second season just draws you in and hooks you.

A real find and I am surprised it has not been reviewed here before! The series is in hindi and available on Prime Video.

A must watch!
hothatchaway is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 18:13   #5182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Aspirants

A real find and I am surprised it has not been reviewed here before! The series is in hindi and available on Prime Video.

A must watch!
First season was loved by everyone much more & there were loads of reviews. We watched it on YT/TVF app I guess as it was available for free there back then. In comparison the 2nd season seemed bit slow. Yes the actors did great but something about it didn't feel as riveting as Season-1. Did watch it a few weeks ago.

The actors aren't new actually. Infact the main lead is TVF's poster boy from the very popular show Pitchers which just had a 2nd season.

Most TVF shows (Panchayat, Pitchers, Gullak, Aspirants, Kota Factory etc) are usually awesome

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th November 2023 at 18:28.
SoumenD is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 16:39   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Started watching "All the Light We Cannot See" on Netlix.

It is a limited series and has just 4 episodes. It has kept me wanting to watch more after completing the 1st episode. There is lots of violence and some profanity too.
I enjoyed it. Something different than the run-of-the-mill thriller.
Old 12th November 2023, 13:23   #5184

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Even I was eagerly waiting for S5 but now no hopes. Last time I saw, the entire series has been taken down from Prime. Looking for alternate streaming channels.
This is disgusting. Unethical. Once you start watching a show, it is a commitment. You cannot leave viewers in a lurch like this. Did you find any source yet?
Old 14th November 2023, 11:27   #5185
Mik
BHPian

Show: Gen V
Viewership Eligibility Criteria: Being a fan of The Boys on Amazon and have the stomach for kitschy gore and college drama tropes.

The Boys were successful as the 'anti-superhero franchise' franchise. The irony is when a product like Gen V comes out which is just an extension of the Boys Universe. It might just now be the case of art imitating life in the studios.

Is it any good:
Yes! if you are invested in the The Boys and want to know how a bunch of new characters got introduced into the next season. The show takes typical college plotlines and weaves it in with the overall sinister arc of the universe. A tighter edit might have been better though. The climax is roaring fun.

No! if you just barely caught a few seasons of the original and are now finally tired of anything superhero - even the anti kind.
Old 14th November 2023, 15:06   #5186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Most TVF shows (Panchayat, Pitchers, Gullak, Aspirants, Kota Factory etc) are usually awesome
Don't forget Permanent Roommates. While the first two seasons were excellent (infact PR along with Pitchers started the trend of excellent TVF series), the third season which was released recently didn't have the same feel. I guess it's been gone so long that Micky & Tanya's tantrums seem kind of annoying now that they are middle-aged n all! The characters are all very relatable though.

My favorite of all time will always be Panchayat - they did such a good job recreating village life in Eastern UP, almost makes me want to move there
dragracer567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 16:51   #5187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Part 1 is available as Linux iso. Let me know if you are ok with downloading iso through torrent client. I can share the file.
Old 16th November 2023, 22:44   #5188
BHPian

Bard of Blood Season 1- Netflix

This was released in 2019 but stumbled upon it yesterday. Has 7 episodes in the S1. It is about a rescue opertaion which takes place in our neighbouring country Pakistan. It is children friendly for most part except for some scenes.
Old 18th November 2023, 22:30   #5189
Senior - BHPian

The Railway Men (NETFLIX) - 4/5.

I loved it, though I see few reviewers have panned it. It's a stellar cast, and everyone's acted well. Somehow I feel Babil (Irffan Khan) is not up to the mark, maybe he needs time.
The Railway Men delves into the experiences of a group of Northern Railway officials and conscientious residents who were among the first to comprehend the gravity of a critical situation. Faced with formidable challenges, they valiantly resisted the indifference and bureaucratic inertia inherent in a massive government organization. Through their determined efforts, they exposed the negligence of Delhi bureaucrats who, instead of urgently addressing the Bhopal tragedy, squandered crucial time by evading responsibility and shifting blame.

The documentary unfolds across four episodes, each nearly an hour long, employing a narrative structure that weaves through various timelines.
In its entirety, it stands as a commendable endeavour, reviving a sweeping, traditional storytelling approach to illuminate a still-relevant historical event that risks fading from collective memory.

Catch it, it's worth a watch!
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 18th November 2023 at 22:48.
Sebring is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 19:49   #5190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The Railway Men (NETFLIX) - 4/5.
In its entirety, it stands as a commendable endeavour, reviving a sweeping, traditional storytelling approach to illuminate a still-relevant historical event that risks fading from collective memory.

Catch it, it's worth a watch!
+1 to this. Watched 2 episodes and it's very good story telling back by some good acting. Some of the dialogues make you question the reality of the situation and you are left to wonder about the value of life.

Rating this 4/5
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed