Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 00:56   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

Check a few pages back, I am waiting for the remaining episodes to be aired.
Old 11th January 2013, 08:27   #662
BHPian

The only show that I regularly watch on TV is crime patrol on Sony. Aired on Fridays to Sunday at 11 pm. The worst show is perhaps comedy circus. Just can't stand the " jokes" and the forced yelling by the judges.
Old 12th January 2013, 10:03   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Any Breaking Bad fans out there?
I must say.. its one of the best shows i have ever seen. IMDB 9.4 is no joke. Must watch. The story and the characters are well portrayed and one will surely get involved easily. I love it! Completed the 4th season today, will start the 5th tomorrow!
Is it only me then? I watched the first few episodes and thought it was too slow. Several of my friends are big fans and cannot believe I find it slow. Will try to get back to it soon.

Shameless (US) anyone?
Old 12th January 2013, 11:56   #664
BHPian

Tv series in the drama genre are generally slow paced. Among those I've recently watched, Breaking Bad, The Wire and currently watching Sopranos, all progress at a slow pace, yet it's my favourite genre.
Old 30th January 2013, 04:39   #665
Senior - BHPian

Some of the shows that i follow or watched recently

Watched:

- Prison Break: Mind blowing TV Show. Must watch. I watched this non-stop as soon as i laid my eyes on one
- 24: Started seeing this but found boring so stopped watching. Will watch again soon when i am in mood
- Gossip Girl: Had to watch to better half's interest in what happens in Upper east side of Manhattan. The show is over
- Outsourced: It was very interesting show while it lasted. Was hoping for more. Disappointed that they discontinued it.
- Desperate Housewives: Heard a lot about this show. I was intrigue. Saw all seasons in fast forward because at times it gets slow and boring. Some suspense is very good.
- Jane By Design: Case of mistaken identities in world of fashion. I loved this show by they stopped it after a season. I was hoping for more.
- Friends: This show needs no introduction. An epic TV show that is hard to replicate. Loved it and have watched the whole show multiple times.

Ongoing:

- Ugly Betty: Interesting TV Show that dwells into the world of fashion
- 2 Broke Girls: Very interesting. I love Kate Dennings
- White Collar: A very interesting way of solving many crimes without any weapons by an ex con.
- Big Bang Theory: Hilarious. Love it. Penny looks cute.
- 90210: The show is interesting about what goes on in high school of Beverly hills and then some more.
- How I Met Your Mother: Initially i loved it, but they are stretching it too much which is expected. It is very good, hilarious at times.

Last edited by chevelle : 30th January 2013 at 04:47.
Old 30th January 2013, 20:37   #666
BHPian

Homeland: Its dynamite ! Really loving it. It had a sort of a slow start with pieces falling into place and I felt almost let down, it was going nowhere. After 4th episode it started to turn around. Claire Danes acting is brilliant. Damian Lewis is okay, most of the time is spend in watching how small his mouth is. Morena Baccarin is very cute. Mandy Patinkin as Saul is also a nice character being the mentor of Claire. I definitely feel connected to many of the characters on the show. Plot is picking up, catch the ride before it reaches the bottom.

Its aired on Star World everyday at 7 PM - 8 PM. It has sub titles in English.
Old 30th January 2013, 21:00   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Homeland: Its dynamite ! Really loving it. It had a sort of a slow start with pieces falling into place and I felt almost let down, it was going nowhere. After 4th episode it started to turn around. Claire Danes acting is brilliant. Damian Lewis is okay, most of the time is spend in watching how small his mouth is. Morena Baccarin is very cute. Mandy Patinkin as Saul is also a nice character being the mentor of Claire. I definitely feel connected to many of the characters on the show. Plot is picking up, catch the ride before it reaches the bottom.

The plot is so damn interesting and keeps you wanting more. I think Saul Berenson's character is grey. But again too early to predict. I'm in love with this show. Its the show timing that is going against me. 6pm to 9pm, is family TV time and 11pm is too late for me.

I'm trying to be content with Grey's Anatomy. But its losing the sheen now. My favorite character George O'Malley's dead.

White Collar's coming back. Yay!
Old 30th January 2013, 22:12   #668
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, grey's anatomy is no longer interesting. I am getting a feeling that white collar is gonna replace it ? or white collar is gonna be only on weekends ?

Homeland is fantastic. Claire Dannes man she is beautiful and acts well too
Old 30th January 2013, 23:25   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
It's already back! The 2nd ep (S04E12) came out yesterday!
Old 30th January 2013, 23:40   #670
BHPian

Guys SUITS is back and how.

Cant believe its only in its second season and already such a killer show.
Old 31st January 2013, 10:44   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Watched:
- Friends: This show needs no introduction. An epic TV show that is hard to replicate. Loved it and have watched the whole show multiple times.
If you liked Friends then i guess you would have liked/watched Seinfeld too. Kramer and George are hilarious!!

Quote:
Homeland: Its dynamite ! Really loving it. Damian Lewis is okay, most of the time is spend in watching how small his mouth is. Mandy Patinkin as Saul is also a nice character being the mentor of Claire.
Damian Lewis has this sort of smug look on his face most of the time probably because of the features of his face.
Few episodes in between failed to hold my interest. Nevertheless, nice twists in the story.

Quote:
The episode aired at 7pm-8pm is actually the re-run of the episode telecasted the previous night at 11pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Yeah, grey's anatomy is no longer interesting. I am getting a feeling that white collar is gonna replace it ? or white collar is gonna be only on weekends ?
White Collar is starting from Feb 27th(??) on Star World at 10pm. Looks like all the seasons of Grey's Anatomy, excluding the current season being aired in US, will be shown on Star World by then. And after that, White Collar would be aired weekday nights at 10.
Old 31st January 2013, 11:41   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Homeland: Its dynamite ! Really loving it.
Quote:
The plot is so damn interesting and keeps you wanting more. I think Saul Berenson's character is grey. But again too early to predict.

Quote:
Homeland is fantastic. Claire Dannes man she is beautiful and acts well too
I have watched both seasons of Homeland and will say it is an amazing serial. No wonder it bagged most awards at Golden globe. It keeps you riveted and there are several twists ahead in the plot. Will let you keep guessing.

It airs at 11 PM and repeated thrice I think.

Quote:
I'm trying to be content with Grey's Anatomy. But its losing the sheen now. My favorite character George O'Malley's dead.
Quote:
Yeah, grey's anatomy is no longer interesting.
I was hooked to this earlier but now it is totally a bore fest but I guess that is because we watched several seasons at one go. And O'Malley dying for me was a blessing. I wish even Izzi croaked. Boring characters. Another character I dislike is the Chief.

Quote:
Looking forward to it.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:00   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrow?
Anybody saw this?
Batman's lovechild with hawkeye? Sorry, jokes apart, the first episode seemed good.Its just started on Star world, and I enjoyed the pace, and the lead's performance. Although, its a lil bit farfetched, but that may be because its not trying to be realistic.

Last resort.
Good with a bag of chips.Even if you drop a chip, and have to fish around for it, you wont miss much. Good in bits, but not that good to keep you glued.

Party piece!
Packed to the rafters, anyone?

I HAVE to sit through this perpetually, but I am kind of enjoying it, like piped music in the background.
Old 31st January 2013, 12:49   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Arrow?
Anybody saw this?
Saw the ads but did not find it attractive. However will check out few episodes to see if it is good.

Quote:
Last resort.
Good with a bag of chips.Even if you drop a chip, and have to fish around for it, you wont miss much. Good in bits, but not that good to keep you glued.
LOL. Well said. After initial 3-4 episodes, I have dropped the show instead of bag of chips.

Quote:
Party piece!
Packed to the rafters, anyone?

I HAVE to sit through this perpetually, but I am kind of enjoying it, like piped music in the background.
Missus likes it, eh? or is it parents?

I watched few episodes but even my wife thought it was boring. So removed it from the 'record series' list. Watching Numb3rs instead which I think is a decent soft crime show. Same goes for Perception.
Old 31st January 2013, 15:16   #675
Senior - BHPian

Most recently I've finished watching all the available episodes of:
- Community
- Breaking Bad

These have got to be, IMO, two of the best TV-shows to have ever aired. Can't wait for season 4 of Community which starts next thursday.

Might watch Homeland. Everyone seems to like it.

Oh, and on a lighter note:

Most Viewed