Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 19:54   #1261
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Anybody here fan of Mad Men? The last 7 episodes of final season will begin airing tomorrow. Can't wait!

Last edited by racingmachine : 5th April 2015 at 20:08.
Old 5th April 2015, 20:24   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Are you talking about this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/ , coz this is four seasons ?
Yes, the first season's plot/case ends in season 2. The next case is Season 3 & 4. Haven't started Season 3 & 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Anybody here fan of Mad Men? The last 7 episodes of final season will begin airing tomorrow. Can't wait!
Raises hand, eagerly waiting and at the same time feeling sad that this awesome series is coming to an end :(
Old 7th April 2015, 14:09   #1263
BHPian

Better Call Saul

I hope poeple have caught up with Better Call Saul. It is the story of the lawyer of Breaking Bad's Walter White.

You would love it if you like drama and witty lines. The performance of Bob Odenkirk is nothing short of outstanding. It is very well written and very well directed.

I have watched 9 episodes of the 1st Season.

Rating: Must Watch 9/10
Old 7th April 2015, 14:15   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Re: Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I hope poeple have caught up with Better Call Saul. It is the story of the lawyer of Breaking Bad's Walter White.

You would love it if you like drama and witty lines. The performance of Bob Odenkirk is nothing short of outstanding. It is very well written and very well directed.

I have watched 9 episodes of the 1st Season.

Rating: Must Watch 9/10
Oh yes. Am a fan of Breaking Bad - guess it shows too

Love Saul Goodman and have caught up with the series to the latest episode. I love how they are slowly building it up and there hasn't been one boring episode yet. Not dark like Breaking Bad - but still, the characters intertwine and I just can't wait for the next episode which will be err, telecast today.
Old 7th April 2015, 14:25   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

Love Saul Goodman and have caught up with the series to the latest episode. I love how they are slowly building it up and there hasn't been one boring episode yet. Not dark like Breaking Bad - but still, the characters intertwine and I just can't wait for the next episode which will be err, telecast today.
Yes, and it will be the last of the first season.

The build up has been great and the last 2 or 3 episodes have been outstanding. The 9th episode was a gem really. Hoping for a great finish.

You can feel for the main character all the way.
Old 7th April 2015, 14:59   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Star World has shown the entire 5 seasons of Downton Abbey in weekday format and it's drawing to a really interesting conclusion. The writing is excellent and the performances strong- the icing on the cake has to be those delectable shots of grand castles against the English countryside. For someone who's pretty fascinated by the writings of Wodehouse and Conan Doyle (set approximately around the same period) to see characters from that era come to life, warts and all, is fascinating. I was a late adopter (incidentally member subodh got me hooked onto this around S2 of this showing) but can't wait for this to end so that I can watch it from the beginning again, probably a binge watch during those summer weekends when it's too hot to go anywhere!
The characters are beautifully fleshed out, in all their brilliant grey shades and the language is a joy to listen to in this age of SMS lingo. Am a big fan.
Old 7th April 2015, 16:10   #1267
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a lot of excellent US and BBC TV shows over the past few years and some of the notable ones include:

Justified
Fargo (is season 2 in the works?)
True Detective
Americans
Breaking Bad
Silicon Valley
House of Cards
Top of the Lake
Bates Motel
Suits
Veep
Sopranos (downloaded and watched upto season 3 so far)
Homeland (can be inconsistent in quality but I thought s03 was best).
Tudors (peaked at season 2, but s03-05 were fine)

I downloaded and watched a part of Mad Men Season 1 but my wife did not like it too much (I watch almost all alongwith my wife). So no more Mad Men for me. As to Walking Dead, only can take so much of heads being severed and so quit after season 2. Liked Game of Thrones S01, but S02 got boring and it looked it was diverting into all places. Have not watched season 3 and so on. Similar reason for not watching Downton Abbey and Boardwalk Empire beyond Season 2.
Old 11th April 2015, 02:28   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

Oh yes! Bob Odenkirk deserves every bit of applause. With screentime of over 80% he has carried the show with his brilliant performance - ofcourse laced with the hard work of the surgically precise production team of Vince Gilligan. Finished watching the season finale and the entire season has been an excellent platform for the next season.

The icing would be to get Jesse and Walter in a cameo with Saul Goodman
Old 13th April 2015, 17:44   #1269
Team-BHP Support

Errrm guys, winter is here already.

Game of Thrones' first four episodes have leaked online. The first episode was to air yesterday officially but looks like the next 3 leaked. Probably review copies. Just a friendly headsup that the show has begun!
Old 13th April 2015, 17:52   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Tried watching Daredevil yesterday on Netflix. I'll try one more episode before I give up

Thanks for the headsup on Game of Thrones!
Old 13th April 2015, 19:48   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Finished watching third season of House of Cards. Its still good but not as great as previous seasons. He now rarely talks to the audience. But the last episode was a clif hanger so gotta wait for next season while will probably be the last.

In other news, HBO has released trailer of Season 2 of True Detective

Old 13th April 2015, 21:14   #1272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Errrm guys, winter is here already.

Game of Thrones' first four episodes have leaked online. The first episode was to air yesterday officially but looks like the next 3 leaked. Probably review copies. Just a friendly headsup that the show has begun!
Already seen all 4. Maybe its just because I like GOT so much, but this season seems as good if not better than the rest.
Old 13th April 2015, 21:54   #1273
BHPian

I was late to work today, thanks to the 4 episode marathon post dinner yesterday! The hype created each season is mind blowing and this season is said to have some amazing moments. Can't wait to see what's next!
Old 15th April 2015, 20:38   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Already seen all 4. Maybe its just because I like GOT so much, but this season seems as good if not better than the rest.
Now the worst part is that we have to wait a whole month for Episode 5 . The boons and banes of internet
Old 15th April 2015, 21:45   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Now the worst part is that we have to wait a whole month for Episode 5 . The boons and banes of internet
I swear. Especially after the way 4th episode ended the wait is gonna be torturous.
Btw anyone else also feels till now it's going a bit slow with more of drama and less of action.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks