Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 00:11   #1351
JD1
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Just finished watching Quantico on hulu. Did not meet my expectations. Acting was ok but script felt childish - like a glorified CID! Maybe it's me but Quantico is worth watching only for PeeCee (except when she becomes melodramatic!). Will watch couple more episodes to see if I like it enough to get me hooked.
Old 30th September 2015, 15:57   #1352
BHPian

Any idea as to when season 6 for 'Games of Thrones' will be released??
Awaiting anxiously for next season

Regards
Old 1st October 2015, 11:27   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_kudle View Post
Any idea as to when season 6 for 'Games of Thrones' will be released??
Awaiting anxiously for next season

Regards
If you're a *TRUE* GoT fan, then you should know. Anyways, April 2016.

As Ygritte says, you know nuthin' Dev Kudle....

I've been into a lot of shows lately. Saw this awesome show called The Brink. Its about how 3 people are trying to avoid World War 3 with hilarious characters. Its definitely one of my favorite shows recently. Starring Jack Black, Tim Robbins (if you remember Shawshank Redemption), Aasif Mandvi (Indian American; remember he was in The Internship). 10 episodes, 25-35 min each, just the first season which started this year. Worth it.

Another show which i saw at one go was The Americans. That show also was fabulous with some superb writing. I won't divulge the synopsis, you can read it on IMDb.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2015 at 12:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:07   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Watched

1) TBBT Season 9, episodes 1 & 2.
Same old stuff, nothing great yet. Will probably drop it if it doesn't pick up (I don't expect it to either).

2) Last Man Standing :
OK-ish season starter, the 1st episode. Will continue.

3) Quantico :
Same old formulaic "season pilot" that includes a bit of action, suspense & sex.
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:43   #1355
BHPian

Does anyone know the time when the new Homeland Season 5 is going to be aired on AXN from 5th Oct.
Old 4th October 2015, 11:40   #1356
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Another show which i saw at one go was The Americans. That show also was fabulous with some superb writing. I won't divulge the synopsis, you can read it on IMDb.
I absolutely love "The Americans". One of the most under-rated show that is less talked about but brilliant thriller. I have the first season on blu-ray and luckily STAR Premiere HD was showing 3rd season while FX was showing Seasons 1 & 2 (this was few months back) so was able to do a binge of all 3 seasons (I have recorder). Truly a binge worthy show.
Old 4th October 2015, 12:46   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
I absolutely love "The Americans". One of the most under-rated show that is less talked about but brilliant thriller. I have the first season on blu-ray and luckily STAR Premiere HD was showing 3rd season while FX was showing Seasons 1 & 2 (this was few months back) so was able to do a binge of all 3 seasons (I have recorder). Truly a binge worthy show.
Exactly. And i was wondering why its been sidelined at the Emmy's. I really like that girl Annet Mahendru who plays Nina. Can't wait for Season 4 now that Holly knows everything (Not revealing anything here).

Another Season 4 that i'm eagerly looking forward to is House of Cards. Francis & Claire at their conniving best. Also, i loved both The Flash as well as Daredevil. Gotham has been a letdown honestly. True Detective Season 2 was as bad as Season 1 was good, if you understand what i mean.
Old 9th October 2015, 17:54   #1358
Senior - BHPian

What other serials in similar league as "The Blacklist"?
I am totally hooked on to it and S3 already started, yes, but need something similar to watch during the week in between. Can watch online.
Any pointers?
Old 9th October 2015, 21:03   #1359
BHPian

Watched

1) Arrow :
Saw the 1st episode of the new season. Find it too pretentious, the excess huffing & puffing in dialogues while trying to build emotion. Makes me feel weird. Can't bear it any longer, I'm not continuing.

2) Last Man Standing :
They seem to've cut down on the excessive sarcasm in the script, nice. Will continue.

3) Quantico :
Watched the 1st episode, didn't impress me enough for me to remember downloading it again. Will watch & update.

4) The Big bang Theory :
Watched both the new episodes. Same old characters with the same old habits. They've to get abit more creative with this or its getting too old for me.

Also,
Off-late, been watching re-runs of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. on youtube. Its been fun to try these between breaks in work. Depending on how much time I have, 10 - 15 - 30mins to even 1 hour.

If I still feel stressed, I've started cycling! Did 14 kms on Day 1, 10km on Day 2 & 12km on Day 3. Did not feel tired at all, infact it felt like meditating. An hour away from the madness is relieving.
Old 9th October 2015, 21:17   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Television shows: What do you watch? (No Spoilers Please)

'Transparent' is a very nice show! Learnt about it while watching this years Emmy Awards. It has a few Golden Globes under the belt too.
The lead actor, Jeffrey Tambor, does an outstanding job and so do the rest of them. The story is about him coming out to his family (and society) about his feminine side. At the age of 60 or something.
Beautiful potrayal of the LGBT community, transgenders in particular. New found respect for them!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502262/
Old 10th October 2015, 00:36   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Finished Narcos Season 1 & absolutely loved it.

Picked up Person Of Interest Nice concept & interesting cast.

Liking it so far which is not surprsing considering Jonathan Nolan & J.J Abrams are executive producers

Watched Quantico Episode 1, its not bad but the plot isn't too exciting, will know in coming episodes if they are able to hold the suspense.

Looking forward to new seasons of Homeland & Agents of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
What other serials in similar league as "The Blacklist"?
I am totally hooked on to it and S3 already started, yes, but need something similar to watch during the week in between. Can watch online.
Any pointers?
Check out Person of Interest
Old 10th October 2015, 08:23   #1362
BHPian

So far I've watched Breaking Bad, Friends and I'm upto date with Game of Thrones.

Occasionally watch Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Two and a half men if it's on TV. BBT however has become a bit too dull now.

My friend has been recommending that I watch Suits, says it's amazing!
Old 10th October 2015, 08:43   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post

My friend has been recommending that I watch Suits, says it's amazing!
Yes, suits is very good. And also try narcos. I've watched just a couple of episodes, but it's got me hooked.
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:45   #1364
BHPian

Today the trailer for Marvel's next series on Netflix "Jessica Jones" was released. Apparently this series will be darker and grittier than Daredevil. I loved Daredevil and am looking forward to Jessica Jones.

Old 24th October 2015, 00:05   #1365
BHPian

Currently watching

Blacklist
Modern family
The Flash
Scorpion
Brooklyn Nine Nine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks