Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 18:45   #1381
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Has any one seen Narcos? I'm planning it's marathon during diwali break. Wanted to know if someone's finished the entire season.
Yep. Its a fantastic series. What would you like to know about it?
Old 10th November 2015, 19:04   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Has any one seen Narcos? I'm planning it's marathon during diwali break. Wanted to know if someone's finished the entire season.
Binge watched it. One hell of a TV series. Probably the best one I have seen. Completely real and made more like a documentary than a TV series. Must watch.
Old 11th November 2015, 22:39   #1383
BHPian

Just finished watching season 1 of The Brink - hilarious in parts and a must watch for a comic political-satire genre. The show was conceived that each season would follow a different crisis somewhere in the world involving the same main characters.

Key & Peele - currently on Comedy Central - these guys are just hilarious. Watch a few clips on Youtube and if you like what you see, watch the Seasons 1 and 2.

Blacklist - waiting for Season 3 to finish so I can binge watch the entire season.

Da Vinci's Demons - was good for the 2 seasons it was on. Network decided to cut them so 3rd season will wrap up the series. It was nice in a different way.

Supergirl - better avoid. Overacting by the main character in my opinion. Did no grow on me.

Minority Report - Based on same plot as the movie. Pilot was good. But been downhill from there.

Narcos - yet to watch

Blindspot - season 1 is on. Pilot was enthralling. Interesting to see how they develop the storyline.
Old 15th November 2015, 20:25   #1384
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
What am BEING made to watch these days, by the Girls (who have majority) in my home:
1900-2000 (Romedy): Ellen Degeneres - the lady indeed is funny.
The only sitcom I am really waiting for is: HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.
We love Ellen but now they have stopped the 10am rerun (I used to record it at 10am so can skip thru the commercials and any interviews that are not of interest) so have stopped watching it (Mom's Hindi soaps are on at 7!)

Is HIMYM coming on Romedy? The entire series is on Netflix. The first few seasons are really nice but the last couple of them just drag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Blacklist - waiting for Season 3 to finish so I can binge watch the entire season.

Blindspot - season 1 is on. Pilot was enthralling. Interesting to see how they develop the storyline.
You don't have to wait for entire Season 3 of Blacklist to binge. Usually they have 2 story arcs - the first before winter break and second after the winter break. There is one episode left for the first arc (Episode 8) and then the show will resume in 2016. So if you have time during December, you can catch up on the first eight episodes to cover the first arc.

I too love Blindspot. While it reminds of The Long Kiss Goodnight, it's very well acted and holds you. Definitely 100 times better than Quantico.

Anyone watching Season 2 of Empire and Fargo? Empire has gone downhill and Fargo is just superb in Season 2. I was skeptical on how they would match up Billy Bob Thorton's great performance of S1 but S2 is totally matching up to S1.

Bates Motel is another good series that just started airing from S1 on Infinity.
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:57   #1385
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
You don't have to wait for entire Season 3 of Blacklist to binge. Usually they have 2 story arcs - the first before winter break and second after the winter break. There is one episode left for the first arc (Episode 8) and then the show will resume in 2016. So if you have time during December, you can catch up on the first eight episodes to cover the first arc.
Correcting myself. They have left Blacklist S3 in a cliffhanger mid-season. Now I eagerly await January for the next episode!
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:18   #1386
BHPian

Anybody sees Arrow? One hell of a show. Other shows i liked was Top Gear but JC's gone now. And Big bang theory was funny but got ruined every since Amy and Bernadette were added :/
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:34   #1387
BHPian

Binge watched the whole of "Jessica Jones" in 2 days. Amazing show, very neo-noir. Netflix and Marvel seem to be doing an amazing job these days, with these kind of shows. Cannot wait for Season 2.
Also loved Aziz Ansari's "Master of None". Hoping there will be a second season.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited by Jeeper1941 : 23rd November 2015 at 09:36.
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:31   #1388
BHPian

Quote:

Supergirl - better avoid. Overacting by the main character in my opinion. Did no grow on me.

Narcos - yet to watch.
Blacklist is fantastic, thanks to the presence of James Spader. Note, Spader is the same guy who voiced Ultron in the Avengers-Age of Ultron Movie. He alone brings so much sophistication and class to the series. Binge watched the first season. Yet to start the 2nd Season. Must watch if you love Crime, Mystery Genre.

Supergirl is a hell of embarrassment. I cant even imagine how did they manage to do such a shoddy job. And shoddier special effects.

Narcos- Must watch. This is one fantastic series on Drug trade from Latin America to US. The content is awesome and the actors are equally good. In fact, for follow up, watch Tropa De Elite which is a superb brazilian movie on Drug Trade, and Wagner Mourra plays the lead. Wagner Mourra is the guy who plays Pablo Escobar in Narcos. Wonder if there will be a second season to this series?

Another classic series- True Detective. The first season was excellent and made me wonder, where was Matthew McConaughey all these days. He was nominated for Emmy's for this performance, and had he won Emmy's, he would have been the select few actors (I guess only 2-3 have done it) to win an Emmy and an Oscar in the same year. Second season was not so impressive but still watchable.
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:53   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post

Binge watched it. One hell of a TV series. Probably the best one I have seen. Completely real and made more like a documentary than a TV series. Must watch.
Narcos is so engaging that you'll have finished it before you realize that 90% of the show is not English.
I wasn't too sure about it, thinking it'll be another breaking baddish thing. Till I read up on wiki about the man.

Last edited by mayankk : 23rd November 2015 at 22:59.
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:08   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 View Post
Binge watched the whole of "Jessica Jones" in 2 days. Amazing show, very neo-noir. Netflix and Marvel seem to be doing an amazing job these days, with these kind of shows. Cannot wait for Season 2.
Also loved Aziz Ansari's "Master of None". Hoping there will be a second season.

Edited for spelling.
Jessica Jones is absolutely incredible. In the middle of the season right now and am utterly totally hooked on it.
Old 24th November 2015, 15:54   #1391
BHPian

Recently completed marathons:
  • Game of Thrones
  • Suits
  • Forever
  • Musketeers
  • Tyrant

Upcoming marathons:
  • Narcos
  • Quantico
  • House of Cards
Old 24th November 2015, 18:29   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Narcos is so engaging that you'll have finished it before you realize that 90% of the show is not English.
I've seen other NatGeo documentaries about catching Escobar. But these were exclusively from the Search Bloc perspective.

How much of a turnoff is it to watch as a multi-lingual? I've seen Episode 1 and found a little difficult to follow where you have to always look at the subtitles.
Old 24th November 2015, 19:31   #1393
BHPian

My favourites, in that order:

Game of Thrones (liked it so much that I went on to read all the books after I finished season 4)
Breaking Bad
Homeland
Mad Men
Spartacus
Vikings
Dekh Bhai Dekh

On the list:
Suits
House of Cards
Sopranos
Narcos

And all time favourite: Friends
Old 24th November 2015, 20:02   #1394
Team-BHP Support

Any reviews of Fargo season 2 ?

Season 1 was totally independent and absolutely awesome.
Old 24th November 2015, 22:09   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Any reviews of Fargo season 2 ?

Season 1 was totally independent and absolutely awesome.
Season 2 wouldn't disappoint you either. So far have watched 3 episodes and loving the classic theme. Background tracks are awesome too.
I thought I'll miss Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman but doesn't seem so.
A must watch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks