Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:51   #361
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

I used to watch bones and lie to me, liked them both, but i think it was stopped abruptly. Used to watch burn notice, but it too stopped, and has now restarted..

Am a great fan of simpsons. Did anyone watch the episode when he landed in India and danced to a hindi song
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:49   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Am a great fan of simpsons. Did anyone watch the episode when he landed in India and danced to a hindi song
I got to watch only 10 minutes of that, before the rains lashed Bangalore and our Tata Sky dish refused to pick up signal right till the very end of the show!

I'm a huge Simpsons fan as well!
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:25   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I got to watch only 10 minutes of that, before the rains lashed Bangalore and our Tata Sky dish refused to pick up signal right till the very end of the show!

I'm a huge Simpsons fan as well!
It was actually telecasted day before yesterday Feb 28, and there was a repeat telecast yesterday March 1 at nighttime.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:20   #364
BHPian

Completed True Blood just a few days back.
Next will be watching 4400.
Old 16th April 2011, 17:06   #365
BHPian

Ok,
I saw this thread and took inspiration!

I stopped with the series and TV after FRIENDS!
so, I have picked and started with these (all good ones!)

How I met your mother - 7.5/10
(good after FRIENDS, refreshes you for some different comedy)

The Big Bang Theory - 8/10
(ok, its like, when you are all "technical" and "geeky", and wondering, how many jokes can we make out of that!, plus how can we have the laughs with the non-geeks, Oh, see, its complicated already! Its this kinda jokes !!)

Two and a half Men - variable from 5/10 to 8.5/10 - hovers around 7.2ish/10
(Oh boy, some nasty jokes here! But, gets kinda mono-typesy later on, but, then it comes back after the kid is grown up to be a dumber one!)

Everybody Loves Raymond - 9/10
(Man!, how did I miss this series for so long!, Its simple amazing! I am on season 2 now, but, boy, I am enjoying like anything! Subtle jokes, and fresh ones after a while too! )

Castle - 8.6/10
Very nice crafting of the different episodes, and sametime, carry the story forward.
But, the Castle guy and the Beckett girl are quite a pair.
Nice to watch, with the playing at the first, and figuring it out just after 35min mark

White collar - Just started, but, that looks quite like a catcher. (tentatively 8.5/10)

Burn Notice - Again, Just started, but, looks like a catcher too! (a tad bit lesser than White Collar, tentatively - 8.2/10)

The Walking Dead - (8.9/10)
Well, Just started, but, had to finish it right away!
Well, I am the dead-ones-walking-genre fan once in a while.
and, I enjoyed this one too!
When is the season 2 coming out!?

care,

Ace.

P.S. Dont ask me whats with the decimals and all! Just assume, I saw TBBT before this post! lolz

Last edited by driverace : 16th April 2011 at 17:09. Reason: the P.S.
Old 17th April 2011, 23:52   #366
Senior - BHPian

Top Gear - BBC
Fifth Gear - Disco Turbo
Apprentice - BBC
Friends
Wipeout - AXN
I Didn't Know That - Nat Geo
Mega Factories - Nat Geo
18 to Life - Z Cafe
Old 18th April 2011, 14:48   #367
BHPian

My favourate is of course simpsons. but now Family guy is cathing up too. but i dont think it will ever replace simpsons for me.

Simpsons- i never have had enough of homer i infact want to grow up to become him.

Family guy- Athough the show can be albiet annoying you cant ignore it completely. packs a punch and is more dirtier and harsher than all characters in simpsons combined.

Anyone else here likes family guy too?? anyways rest include

Dexter - Oh i simply love it but am not liking the fact that now its dragging a bit and a bit obvious sometimes.

The walking dead- simply love the blood and gore. Also has a story to it!

two and a half men- with recent behaviours of charlie sheen we will no longer be able enjoy the show. Still though they had a good run.

burn notice- Didnt like it initially but then i was like what the heck and started watching it. though the pattern was so obvious , by the time i got a liking for the show it ended.

How i met your Mother- now the plot seems to just float somewhere in space but still, barney , marshal and ted pair up to be a great team.

everybody loves raymond- all i think about is manny from ice age while watching the show and it becomes more hillarious.

Top gear- i would be nuts if i dont include this show. i admit i have had crisis many a times wathing the show. especially during the vauxall bathurst edition, the roush mustang one and the maserati mc12 episode. i think i weeped a bit when i heared the supercharged vauxall.

Friends (ofcourse) - come on guys admit it. we like the team and we watch them again and again, but scrounge and act all manly in front of our girlfriends for watching it again and again..

Last edited by konjaril : 18th April 2011 at 15:07.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:55   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Anyone else here likes family guy too??
You betcha! One of my favorites. I love Stewie Griffin. That fellow is a riot.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:06   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You betcha! One of my favorites. I love Stewie Griffin. That fellow is a riot.
hooh yess! right from the chimpanzee in the storeroom to quiegmiyer the nymphomaniac all add to the laugh riot! giggigy giggidy!
Old 24th April 2011, 13:46   #370
BHPian

Quote:
When is season 2 coming out?!
Its scheduled to air in the US in October 2011, don't know when it will come out on DVD though.

My absolute favorites:

Breaking Bad

The Killing (its a remake of the Danish series, but with a completely different story - absolutely brilliant!)

The Walking Dead

Dexter

The Simpsons

Scrubs

House MD

Friday Night Lights

Chuck

Nikita

Boston Med

The Big Bang Theory

True Blood

Covert Affairs

And of course - Top Gear (the original UK version, not the other knockoffs)
Old 29th April 2011, 18:16   #371
BHPian

Some of the TV sitcoms I love :

1. Friends - This was the first TV series I started watching. Absolutely great concept and the comedy too was nice. Really enjoyed watching all 10 seasons of it. This is one series I can keep watching again and again without getting bored.

2. Prison Break - Those of you who like thriller kind of episodes this is a much watch. Season 1 was the best of the 4 seasons.

3. The Big Bang Theory - Great story about the life of 4 nerds. The show is still going on and I regularly follow it.

4. House MD - If you interested about medical cases then this is the ultimate series. A maverick doctor tries to solve cases which no other doctors can solve.

5. How I met your mother - It is about a guy who tells his kids how he met their mom. Initial seasons were good but now it is getting boring. The character of Barney is Legendary!

6. Top Gear - Started watching it when I became addicted to Team-Bhp. The intial episodes were a bit boring but still kept on watching and whoaa the series improved! Clarkson and May are absolute fun. The best part are the crazy races they have. Ofcourse the cars they show are fantastic too. Waiting for the new season!
Old 6th May 2011, 11:23   #372
BHPian

Re: Any South Park Fans on Team-BHP ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Guys South Park season 15 is underway.
Already two episodes aired.

Episode 1: Human Centipad.
A shot at Apple i-pad.
Never click Accept without reading the fine print. Thats the message.
Started off well especially the Cartman and his mom lipstick joke. But after that towards end they went a little overboard with Cartman and his mom joke. But the part where Cartman goes on a Show and tell others was hilarious. So was the man kissing his son. The episode was on a bit of gross side. Overall as a hardcore South Park fan I am disappointed with this episode.

Episode 2: Funbot
This episode was more on lines with a traditional South Park. The part where Cartman tried to trade Kyle with Germans was cute. Also Token bit was good. Giving German Lady Minister a male voice was hilarious. South Park saluted the German prowess in industrial sector in its own twisted hilarious way.

Also South Park continued with its tradition of incorporating the latest happenings in the world in the show. There is President Obama announcing in grave tone that the world is safe. Of course not from Osama but from a comedian.

Eagerly waiting for the next episode.
I am a huge follower of Southpark. The new season started with a Bang. THe human centipad was an awesome episode. The second episode was not at all good according to me. Some scenes were funny but nowwhere close to southpark standards. I am hoping there will be episodes on the Royal wedding and on Osama's death. One thing about Southpark is that all the latest issues will be covered.
Old 6th May 2011, 15:10   #373
BHPian

One Word - Autority!!! This was one good Episode!
Old 6th May 2011, 20:21   #374
BHPian

Human Centipad :
It seems there was a movie wherein a man actually stitches people to form a human centipede, they made fun of Apple with the Agree thing and for connecting people all around.

Their joke on Gerald who owns a PC and deosnot want to register with apple was also a good parody. The scene in which Cartman's mom tries to convince him to buy a different tablet, and cartman's reponse dialogue on it was hilarious ( apart from the end scene).

Indeed the joke of cartman and his mom went a bit too far, but occassionaly they always do it, and if they don't its not southpark.
Finally the last scene, is to be seen. I guess this time kenny was replaced by Cartman.

My Fav Episode's :

Scott Tenorman Must Die;Casa Bonita
Old 11th May 2011, 10:09   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I am hoping there will be episodes on the Royal wedding and on Osama's death.
They have already killed Osama in last season, season 14 episode 9 (Its a Jersey Thing) with Randy exclaiming, "We got him!"

Regarding Humancentipad episode, now every time petrol price is increased, Cartman's dialogs with his mom will come to my mind!

Oh yeah. Southpark is awesome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks