Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 11:02   #376
BHPian

Re: Any South Park Fans on Team-BHP ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
They have already killed Osama in last season, season 14 episode 9 (Its a Jersey Thing) with Randy exclaiming, "We got him!"

Regarding Humancentipad episode, now every time petrol price is increased, Cartman's dialogs with his mom will come to my mind!

Oh yeah. Southpark is awesome!
S15E03 - What a disappointing episode. I mean in every season there is one episode which is absolutely boring and meaningless. I think the show-makers do this purposely. An episode without Cartman is just boring. This episode is not worth watching guys. Will have to wait one more week now for the next episode.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:22   #377
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

TV series I watched and watch:

TOP GEAR: Watched each and every episode of all the seasons of the new format. The US top gear is not that bad. I watch it occasionally.

Friends: It never gets old. All time fav.

LOST: The best Science fiction, Drama I have ever watched!

DEXTER : Pure awesomeness and a must watch, !! Visuals, music story everything is brilliant. Nothing like it if you watch it on HD.

How I met your mother: Was good till the last season, have given up watching as the current season isn't that great.

Scrubs : Enjoyed every episode of every season till season 8 where they changed the story format. BTW, a charactor on the show, the Janitor had predicted about Osama and where to find him in 2003 !!

24: recently started watching it and what a concept for a TV show !!

Prison Break : Nice concept very badly made (Compared to Lost and 24) watched the 1st season and gave up watching after that.

Outsourced :Very funny, I love it !

The Big bang theory: Not a big fan, but watch it occasionally.
Old 13th May 2011, 13:20   #378
Senior - BHPian

South Park latest season 15, latest episode was on Royal Wedding.

Overall as hardcore South Park fan I am mighty Disappointed. Has to be the most boring of the three episodes telecast till now. Only the last 5 mins of the show were typical South Park.
Well All good things in this world do come to an end.
Old 13th May 2011, 13:29   #379
BHPian

One more TV series that needs a mention is ENTOURAGE. Its a HBO series and is the most awesome TV series I have ever seen. I would rate it better than friends too. It is about an actor called Vince and how he lives his life along with his friends and his agent. This agent guy, Ari gold, is one the finest character you will ever see. Here is its IMDB link: Entourage (TV Series 2004–*) - IMDb

P.S - This sitcom has some adult content but it is a nice comedy drama.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:14   #380
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
24: recently started watching it and what a concept for a TV show !!
The first few seasons were amazing, but somewhere in the middle they lost their way. The last few seasons are really bad.

Another great serial is "Shield" - the best of 24 is probably better than the best of Shield, but on the average Shield is very good.
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:54   #381
BHPian

I watch "DEXTER" and "LAS VEGAS" on STAR WORLD. "DEXTER" never ceases to amaze me. Great imagination. "LAS EGAS" is just time pass.
Old 26th May 2011, 08:58   #382
BANNED

Does anyone watch Family Guy, I find it better than the Simpsons and better than South Park.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:39   #383
BHPian

the only two shows i bother watching
Attached Thumbnails
The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-1279535065_2hyjacy.jpg  

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-niptuck_season_7_6.jpg  

Old 26th May 2011, 14:40   #384
BHPian

Sorted in reducing order of likeness
1. Simpsons : The most worshiped show in television history. You need to listen very carefully and understand each and every line of social satire they make.
2. The Wire : The *REAL* cop drama. You will find dozen cop dramas with cops as competent as superman, he-man likes, but this is real stuff. It focuses on one social problem each time and take its own time to build the plot. Once the plot is set, its very addictive.
3. Dexter : Its just brilliant.
4. Entourage : Very nicely written plot but a bit cliché.
5. 30 Rock/ Arrested Development : I rate them the same. Both are very witty and fast paced comic shows (laugh riots ).

There are so many. I really like the sitcom concept of Hollywood. They show one season (10-15 episodes) in six months of a year and take the rest 6 months time to come up with brilliant plots as follow up for previous seasons.
I wonder why can't we have something similar in Bollywood? One worth mentioning is FIR on Sab TV. I have been really liking it since last 3-4 years.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:52   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
It was actually telecasted day before yesterday Feb 28, and there was a repeat telecast yesterday March 1 at nighttime.
The name was "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore". I especially liked the "Apocalypse Now" setting and Homer's Amrish Puri looks (The Indiana Jones type)

Here is the link
Watch The Simpsons - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore - Season 17 Ep. 17
Old 27th May 2011, 17:30   #386
Senior - BHPian

Here is the belated take on the last week episode of South park, e.g. "T.M.I" and yesterday's episode "Crack Babies".

T.M.I:
Absolute Brilliance. South Park at the best. Of what it is.

Teachers in South Park elementary put up on board how much each boy grew since last year. Cartman however makes mistake thinking its "THE LENGTH" of each boy which has been displayed and calls School Admins all kinds of name.

The gem was "This school is a den of snakes".

That the figure mentioned against his name was the least also did not help much and all hell breaks loose. Stan's Dad (My next favorite after Cartman) joins the party. He is a scientist and comes up with weird formula "T.M.I" for length calculations.

The way he gives a lecture in class is absolute classic eye watering humor. The coat he wears, the way he stands taking support of table, the voice modulation, sheer fun.

As usual the current issues get highlighted in this episode too. Noteworthy being a certain senator like looking gentleman demanding to see "President Obama's "REAL" birth certificate".

The not so subtle message from this episode is that "people having anger management issues" actually have small ....

Well said South Park. Very Very watchable.

Yesterday's episode "Crack Babies".
Had a difficult task of matching upto the standards of "T.M.I".

Was not really that good. The only god part was Cartman. He kept the show going with his "Accountant" jibes at Kyle.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:52   #387
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Recently started watching "Parks and Recreation" & "The New Adventures of Old Christine". Liked both those shows. The first one has Amy Poehler from SNL & the 2nd one has Julia Louis Dreyfuss from Seinfeld.
Old 28th May 2011, 02:23   #388
BHPian

due to the addiction my wife and her mother have to zee tv, colors and star, i am subjected to a nightly torture of some of the worst television ever produced in this, and any yet to be discovered universe....gitmo nail pulling has nothing on the incredibly bad acting, scripts, camera work and sheer lazy "treat your audience like morons" idiocy they watch.

so i retreat to the cave and my dvd player and laptop..goodtimes!

Last edited by jai-uno-t : 28th May 2011 at 02:27.
Old 1st June 2011, 04:42   #389
BHPian

evil in-laws.....

and other assorted bad characters..i'll explain.

my wife, god bless her, has an addiction, one that despite all my best effort i just cannot break, she's a tv serial addict. Zee, Star and Colors (btw, we aren't Americans, can't they spell it "Colours" like the rest of the world?) are all beamed in, and prime time is a never ending parade of bad acting, poor sets, and screaming.

Most of the plots appear to revolve around a variety of demonic mother in laws looking to stitch up the incoming bride of their baby boy, a grown man who appears deeply dysfunctional due to his mothers close attention. fathers fall into either deeply righteous or perverted lecher categories. The bride has to endure a never ending barrage of ire, plots to undermine her, and general nastiness from a old harridan.

the rest a bunch of deeply retarded shouty, dopey folls who get riled up by dinner being served 30 minutes to late, the bus leaving without them, or someone not calling them.

now i've been to india a few times, i've even stayed with my in laws, i like them! no really, i do. they aren't evil, although it would be nice if they lived in a mansion the size of wembley stadium like all these tv families do. no ones out to get me, and having spoken to the wife, none of my family are out to get her.

so what's my point? is it simply prime time tv in india is fascinated by this sort of cack? are families really like this? can someone shot ekta kapoor in the face and put her out of my misery?

i know, i'm ranting.
jai-uno-t is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 06:22   #390
BHPian

Re: evil in-laws.....

First Of All

And Second of all,
You have also described the setup of 'Everybody Loves Raymond' quite closely!
You watch that one, and you won't really complain.

Third of all,
Families are far from reel types, but reel types are loosely supposed to be based on reality.
I know its mutually contradicting, but that's the best I have got to understand it!

and, Fourth of all,
No comments on shooting "you know who" ! (haha)

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 1st June 2011 at 06:24.

Most Viewed