Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 15:11   #691
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

Watching Anger Management nowadays.
Charlie is back but not with a bang!

The show is not something which cannot be missed (at least until now). Also the plot is not really justified to the title. I mean apart from Charlie being a therapist himself and few therapy sessions I don't see much of Anger Management. May be my expectations were high after 2.5 Men.

Homeland is wrapped up and boy what a final episode. Surely hooked for the next season.
Old 27th February 2013, 23:37   #692
BHPian

Finished watching How I Met Your Mother, Sherlock and Walking Dead on Netflix. Now on to House of Cards. Four different shows and four different genres. House of Cards looks pretty interesting from first 2 episodes, will update once I complete the season.
Old 28th February 2013, 07:42   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Another animated series.
"young justice".
Its mostly about a new justice league,of young ones,taking care of business that the jla is too tied up to. So you have robin,miss martian,superboy,aqualad,speedy,kid flash operating out of mount justice, with red tornado taking care of the missions, and the older guys coming in quite often.
very well animated,with crisp episodes.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:53   #694
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Anybody interested in watching edge of the seat, dark political thriller, check out House of Cards

Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are the lead they have acted fabulous.

Ratings: 4/5

Last edited by bblost : 12th March 2013 at 16:01. Reason: Do not use https. Use http instead for youtube videos
Old 12th March 2013, 19:56   #695
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Anybody interested in watching edge of the seat, dark political thriller, check out House of Cards

Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are the lead they have acted fabulous.

Ratings: 4/5
Absolutely. Spacey, one of the more underrated actors of our time, is fabulous in the House of Cards.

Also, in case you haven't, see Kelsey Grammer play the mayor of Chicago in "Boss". He is fantastic.
Old 16th March 2013, 20:52   #696
BHPian

Wow I came here to announce and looks like you beat me to it.

House of cards is very engaging. Brilliant acting by Kevin spacey to say the least. That man feels perfect for the role.
Old 26th March 2013, 23:19   #697
BHPian

Finished first season of 'House of Cards' on Netflix. Amazing politico-drama thriller. Loved the acting of all the main leads, especially Spacey and Wright.

Now hooked on to 'Monk'.
Anyone who liked and appreciated Karamchand, Byomkesh Bakshi, Tehkikaat from good old DD Metro days will fall in love with this series. Give it a try!
Old 26th March 2013, 23:46   #698
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know you guys were discussing serials here, thought this was for shows. I stopped watching shows a long time ago. Yes, they make people shout at each other at the top of their lungs (watch "We the people", more like we, the loud throats).
Old 1st April 2013, 21:18   #699
BHPian

It's on guys! Watched the first ep, and it was great!

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-hr_game_of_thrones_season_3_posters_12.jpg
Old 1st April 2013, 22:46   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
Finished first season of 'House of Cards' on Netflix. Amazing politico-drama thriller. Loved the acting of all the main leads, especially Spacey and Wright.

Now hooked on to 'Monk'.
Anyone who liked and appreciated Karamchand, Byomkesh Bakshi, Tehkikaat from good old DD Metro days will fall in love with this series. Give it a try!
I completed viewing the US version of House of Cards...want to catch up on the original Brit version which I read is more machiavellian
Old 1st April 2013, 23:58   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Watching Anger Management nowadays.
Charlie is back but not with a bang!

The show is not something which cannot be missed (at least until now). Also the plot is not really justified to the title. I mean apart from Charlie being a therapist himself and few therapy sessions I don't see much of Anger Management. May be my expectations were high after 2.5 Men.

Homeland is wrapped up and boy what a final episode. Surely hooked for the next season.
Tried watching Anger Management, nothing excited me. 2.5 men has really increased the bar! AM felt like done in revenge of Charlie Sheen being thrown out of 2.5 Men.

Also tried watching 2 Broken Girls, which is on similar lines of 2.5 Men, after few episodes its boring again!
Old 2nd April 2013, 00:54   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
It's on guys! Watched the first ep, and it was great!

Attachment 1068185
Definitely one of the best Medieval Fantasy - Dramas of this decade. Was also hooked to Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. Have to lay hands on Spartacus: Vengeance and Spartacus: War of the Damned.

Apart from that: Rome, True Blood, Dexter, The Mentalist, Grimm, Arrow are real good edge of the seat shows you can be hooked to!
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:18   #703
Senior - BHPian

Started watching following shows

- Heroes: Very exciting and gripping. Love it.
- The suite life of zack and cody: A good, funny, time pass show. Good laughs at all times.
- Happy Endings: A good show that reminds me a lot of Friends. I like Elisha Cuthbert so i will continue watching for ever.
- The Good Wife: Not many popular characters in this but its a great show. After completing White Collar and Suits this is another interesting tv show i liked related to law. A must watch.
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:24   #704
BHPian

I was really disappointed with Walking Dead Season 3 finale yesterday. I was hoping for some gripping action but it turned out to be a boring episode with few highlight scenes. My hopes for season 4 are still high for this unique show.
Old 2nd April 2013, 07:36   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
The Good Wife: Not many popular characters in this but its a great show. After completing White Collar and Suits this is another interesting tv show i liked related to law. A must watch.
I think The Good Wife is much better than WC and Suits. My all time fav legal show. Once I watched 10 episodes non-stop. Waiting for the season finale of the current season so that I can download all the episodes at one go.

Watch Boston Legal. You will like it too.

Most Viewed