Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 21:11   #751
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Anyone watching 'Person of Interest' TV show ? It promises to be a seat-edge thriller. It has overtaken CSI-NY in popularity. It is about how a Billionaire hires an ex-Green Beret/CIA operative to use the electronics eavesdropping system he developed to prevent crimes before they occur. ‎Jim Caviezel acts as the ex-Green Beret operative who is a perfect fit for the role - silent as a ghost, cold and incredibly efficient.

9/10 in my view.
Good stuff mate! I like POI too.
Also watch Scandal. It is predictable but watchable.
Someone gave me the whole of Downton Abbey downloaded from the net and man, that is one fantastic 'period' serial. Absolutely first class Brit Drama. Loved it to bits.
Old 27th June 2013, 13:52   #752
BHPian

Re: Television shows: What do you watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Good stuff mate! I like POI too.
Also watch Scandal. It is predictable but watchable.
Someone gave me the whole of Downton Abbey downloaded from the net and man, that is one fantastic 'period' serial. Absolutely first class Brit Drama. Loved it to bits.
Ok. I will hunt up the Scandal on the net. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh View Post
Oh, did not know that it started broadcasting here. Which channel?
It comes in Fox Crime at the 10 pm slot.
Old 27th June 2013, 15:07   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It comes in Fox Crime at the 10 pm slot.
Thanks for sharing the info. Thought to check their schedule for some more shows, found out that POI runs 6 times in a 24hr cycle!! They seem to be milking it dry.

Anyone following Initial D?
Old 29th June 2013, 15:37   #754

Finished watching first two seasons of Dexter. Brilliant series where main character works in a Miami police department's forensic lab as blood spatter analyst and at nights he is a serial killer who kills criminals who couldnt be nabbed by law for various reasons. Story has enough twists and turns to keep you glued to screen and wait for what happens next. Portrayel of emotionless Dexter in people full of emotions around him gets full marks. Not just your another serial killer story.
10/10
Old 29th July 2013, 19:25   #755
BHPian

Started watching 'The Americans' and so far have watched just 2 episodes and I quite liked it. The story is interesting and not at once felt like turning the screen off and taking a break.
4/5

Talking about turning the screen off, I also watched 5 episodes of 'Under The Dome' which is a one time watch types. The story revolves around a fictitious American town and a supernatural event which happens to them. I don't know why but I don't really quite like the stories which revolves around fictitious towns or places. But that's just me, you might like it.
2.5/5
Old 30th July 2013, 07:20   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Anyone HOL & HOC fans out here?

Was recommended HOC by a friend who said this is one of the epitomes of dark politics, Kevin Spacey in a killer role

Attachment 1102664

Attachment 1102665

Yet to watch, will do once i finish Mad Men
Ive seen house of cards really loved it. kevin spacey was amazing.
Old 30th July 2013, 10:07   #757
Senior - BHPian

Down two seasons of Pretty Little Liars. On to the third.

Now, the name of the show might be deceiving, putting it in the chick-flick territory and it is but half true. Yes, it's a show about 4 chicks but also of a deep deep mystery that engulfs their everyday lives. How it ends with every season and still continues with the next is in itself is a mystery.

The show is based off the books by Sara Shepard.

If anyone likes mystery novels, this one's definitely a good watch. 8/10.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 30th July 2013 at 10:09.
Old 30th July 2013, 13:43   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

I started watching Revenge on Star World at 9 pm weeknights. The premise is quite interesting but the plot varies on the ridiculous- after a while you start to guess what's going to happen because the protagonist can't be "outed" before the end of the series. A little like Dexter in that sense.

I think the all-time greatest series running currently is AMC's Breaking Bad. It has just started airing on Star World 11 pm weeknights and though it will be a watered-down censored version, am sure it will be more fun to watch than the other assorted crap on the idiot box. Superb direction, tight writing, stellar performances by each and every character. Season 5 (unfinished) resumes with the last 8 episodes airing in the US from mid-August.
Old 30th July 2013, 15:02   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

I have re-discovered the old series "The Practice" and now totally hooked into this series

It's about a Boston legal firm, how they take up legal cases and fight with moralities and ethics while being in legal boundaries.

Fantastic performances by each and every actor and most of the time leaving you spell-bound.

One of the best legal serials ever
Old 31st July 2013, 12:45   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have re-discovered the old series "The Practice" and now totally hooked into this series

It's about a Boston legal firm, how they take up legal cases and fight with moralities and ethics while being in legal boundaries.

Fantastic performances by each and every actor and most of the time leaving you spell-bound.

One of the best legal serials ever
Agree with you, Avi. A no-nonsense legal series. I am hooked too.

If you liked Practice, then you should check out The Good Wife. An amazing legal drama. It is not being aired on any Indian channels but I have all the series downloaded. The spin off of Practice, Boston legal is also pretty good.
Old 31st July 2013, 17:49   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ David E. Kelley created other good series as well. My personal favourite was Picket Fences that centered in life in a suburban fictional town of Rome, Wisconsin. I recently managed to aly my hands on all 3 seasons and rewatched them. Since it aired while I was still in college (and shortly after) it remains among my all time favourites, along with The Practice.
Old 31st July 2013, 19:46   #762

In legal tv series category watching season 3 of Suits. Pretty engrossing drama happening in a New York based law firm of which you wouldnt want to miss a second. Twists in every episode keep you glued to the screen. Must watch if fan of legal stuff or otherwise too.
Old 31st July 2013, 23:06   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think the all-time greatest series running currently is AMC's Breaking Bad. It has just started airing on Star World 11 pm weeknights and though it will be a watered-down censored version, am sure it will be more fun to watch than the other assorted crap on the idiot box. Superb direction, tight writing, stellar performances by each and every character. Season 5 (unfinished) resumes with the last 8 episodes airing in the US from mid-August.
Completely agree with you noopster, Breaking Bad is by far the greatest TV series ever. Critics too agree on the same.Bryan Cranston completely owns the series. Though Star World has toned it down drastically, i would still recommend people to catch it.

Can't wait for the remaining 8 episodes to air.
Old 1st August 2013, 11:46   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post

Completely agree with you noopster, Breaking Bad is by far the greatest TV series ever.
SOMEHOW I knew you were going to say that LOL.

Joke explained to non-fans: His avatar pic is Walter White from BB!
Old 1st August 2013, 11:53   #765
Senior - BHPian

New Girl- dont judge the title, this show is brilliant.

Top Gear- a tv series can never keep you yoit date on the automotive world Jeremy and the rest have understood that by making it etertaining

Dexter

Breaking Bad

Nip Tuck

Skins

The Big Bang Theory

Two and a Half Men

Anger Management

Suits

Elementary

American Horror Story

Sherlock

Most Viewed