Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:00   #826
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Dexter, a classic example on how a show that started off really well ends with a lot of loopholes! Completely lost interest after season 6!

Breaking Bad is probably the greatest show in TV history!
As mentioned by @flying_B , we should definitely give some credit to those people who pick the tracks for each and every sequence! And, the last few seconds of Granite State(SE5 EP15) gave me goosebumps! Mondays will no longer be the same without Breaking Bad! :(
Dexter turned out to be so terrible in it's final season that people started questioning as to whether the show had any writers at all for the final season. The series finale for Dexter has been universally panned by critics and some have gone to the extent of saying that it was one of the worst finales ever.

Secondly, about Breaking Bad's music, some examples that i could give without alluding to possible spoilers are below:

'If I Had a Heart' - Fever Ray ..This song is filmed in an S4 episode when Jesse is riding a Go-Kart and the expressions that are captured by the camera are astounding.

'Times are Getting Hard (Take My True Love by the Hand)' - The Limeliters.. S5E14..Ozymandias

'Baby Blue' and the Classic 'El-Passo' by Marty Robbins in the series finale 'Felina' S5E16.

One could youtube the videos to have a look as to how brilliantly they have been filmed in Breaking Bad as if i reveal the scenes they could possibly be spoilers.
Old 4th October 2013, 09:00   #827
BHPian

Here is another theory for the Breaking Bad finale. The more you think about it, the more it seems true.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/was-t...r-whi?s=mobile

Btw, contains spoilers, so please don't read if you haven't watched the finale.
Old 4th October 2013, 12:36   #828
Team-BHP Support

So, how many of us will be watching 24 tonight ?

I will definitely give it a shot. I loved the original series, except for a couple of seasons.
Old 4th October 2013, 22:46   #829
Team-BHP Support

Its begun well, but why the hell have they shot the entire episode in dark ?
Old 4th October 2013, 23:22   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Its begun well, but why the hell have they shot the entire episode in dark ?
Each season is supposed to have 24 episodes of one hour each. The first episode was showing events that took place between 12 midnight and 1 am. That's why the entire shot was in dark.
Old 4th October 2013, 23:32   #831
BHPian

24 was amazing, really loved how the Indian Silver Screen has grown up, and also the fact that bollywood stars do bring a difference!
Old 4th October 2013, 23:48   #832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
Each season is supposed to have 24 episodes of one hour each. The first episode was showing events that took place between 12 midnight and 1 am. That's why the entire shot was in dark.
I know the concept of 24.

Even the scenes that would logically require "light" were shot in dark - like when the wife is looking for her daughters friends numbers in the diary. Would have been easier had she switched on a light

I think this was a failed attempt at creating an atmosphere, hope this improves. Otherwise a good start.
Old 5th October 2013, 04:10   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post

Dexter turned out to be so terrible in it's final season that people started questioning as to whether the show had any writers at all for the final season. The series finale for Dexter has been universally panned by critics and some have gone to the extent of saying that it was one of the worst finales ever.

I liked how the first half of the season developed. The psychologist and the protégé angles.

But it fell apart in the end.

I think the best ending I've ever seen was the last episode of HOUSE MD.

Mod Note: No spoilers! !

Last edited by noopster : 5th October 2013 at 08:28.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:31   #834
BHPian

Quote:
So, how many of us will be watching 24 tonight ?

I will definitely give it a shot. I loved the original series, except for a couple of seasons.
Have it recorded on Tata Sky HD. Am a big fan of Jack Bauer. Will watch it today. Lets see how AK has fared.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:37   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post

Have it recorded on Tata Sky HD. Am a big fan of Jack Bauer. Will watch it today. Lets see how AK has fared.
Anil Kapoor's performance in 24 just does not stand up to the original Jack Bauer. Personally, they have also added too much melodrama in typical hindi soap style. I feel that they should have gone with the original formula. I am a big fan of the original 24 and have all seasons on dvd but with the Indian adaptation I am frankly not enthused so far. Lets see how it evolves.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:43   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even the scenes that would logically require "light" were shot in dark - like when the wife is looking for her daughters friends numbers in the diary. Would have been easier had she switched on a light
I think this was a failed attempt at creating an atmosphere, hope this improves. Otherwise a good start.
+1 to the poor lighting concept. Why didn't anyone switch on lights in any scene. Even the XUV5oo that Anil Kapoor was driving, had its headlights off. Only the DRL and Fog lamps were on !!

Liked the first episode. Liked the way the plot was built. I was continuously working my brain up as to who would want the PM to be killed. Now that the don was exploded in the flight, one suspect is gone. But now the lady killer is one new suspect. The PM's assistant Pooja, His mom, his Cousin- So many suspects !! Loved the way the story moved. It wasn't very fast, neither too slow.
Waiting for tonight's episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Lets see how AK has fared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Anil Kapoor's performance in 24 just does not stand up to the original Jack Bauer.
C'mon guys. Give the man a breather
We should see all these soaps from an Indian perspective. Why compare everything with their international counterparts. How many Indians have seen the international 24, so as to be able to compare ? I haven't see the 24 international series. So for me AK is doing a good job in the desi 24 series.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 5th October 2013 at 11:48.
Old 5th October 2013, 15:53   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

+1 to the poor lighting concept. Why didn't anyone switch on lights in any scene. Even the XUV5oo that Anil Kapoor was driving, had its headlights off. Only the DRL and Fog lamps were on !!
Well actually Anil Kapoor was part of the season 8 of the original 24 series and that's where he got inspired to make a local adaptation. If you haven't seen the series I would recommend season 2 and 3 which were really good and unputdownable! My wife and I used to watch almost 12 hours continuous and finished in 2 days flat. Some friends of mine have watched all 24 hours together without even sleeping!
Old 5th October 2013, 22:42   #838
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure if this was mentioned here before. But here goes a few facts about BrBa, a friend happened to share on my FB wall.

Quote:
- The coordinates (to his stash of $$$) that Walt hid on a Lotto ticket (N 34, 59′, 20″, W 106, 36′, 52) point straight to Q-Studios in Albuquerque where Breaking Bad is shot!

- Breaking Bad has exactly 62 episodes. The 62nd element on the Periodic Table is a chemical element called 'Samarium'. Samarium is used to treat Lung Cancer!
- www.bettercallsaul.com is a real website and so is www.savewalterwhite.com. I keep visiting both the sites from time to time to recall the good moments of BrBa watching.

Some more here - http://imgur.com/gallery/1tPgw

Pretty interesting ones.
Old 12th October 2013, 23:30   #839
BHPian

Breaking Bad fans, check this out. It seems that the entire BrBa series was based on the El Paso song.

Old 12th October 2013, 23:36   #840
Team-BHP Support

Headsup! The Walkind Dead Season 4 premieres tomorrow in the US (amc). We Indians would get to watch it on Monday, as usual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks