Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:07   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Started watching few shows recently.
Dracula- Wasn't expecting much but this quite a gripping show and not the usual Vampire kinds we see in TVD and true blood.

The Fall- Stumbled on it and thought it will be a slow paced show like The killing. However it is nicely paced and very interesting.

Falling Skies- Wanted to see a good sci fi show. Its above average till now as i am still watching season 1
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:37   #917
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
awaiting the S6 finale on Dec 10th
Likewise.

I think Technocrat messed up the quoting part in his post there. But no worries. I started SoA sometime during July and completed all the five seasons in a stretch. Took me a month but well worth it I say! Continuing the trend, Kurt Sutter has directed the season finale so hopefully it will be good.

The current seasons of Homeland and Person of Interest would wrap up this month and there's plenty of time until S2 of Vikings and S4 of Game of Thrones premieres. I should be able to conclude Justified and continue The Sopranos in the meantime.
Old 6th December 2013, 13:05   #918
BHPian

A late entrant on the thread!

I am Breaking BAD fan. And here is a tribute to the great series!
Top 60 "Breaking Bad" Quotes

Apologies if someone would have already posed it.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:02   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
I can promise you guys.. there is more to come.. SOA is a great show.. Kurt Sutter the creator of the show actually spent time with Outlaw MC's as a part of the research for the show.. its the closest you could come to know the inside story of MC's like Hells Angels etc.. Have been glued to this show season after season and it keeps getting better and better.. awaiting the S6 finale on Dec 10th
Saw the finale yesterday. Somehow it all got too dramatic. Maybe that was how it was supposed to go down. I feel things are now happening just for the sake of it.

EDIT: Also completed the entire Breaking Bad series finally. Now that was some ending! No loose ends! But why did they have to show New Hampshire covered in snow all the time?? LOL It does clear up here at least 8 months out of 12.

Last edited by amitoj : 11th December 2013 at 21:03.
Old 11th December 2013, 22:14   #920
Team-BHP Support

OMG the SoA finale was another shocker! The episode's name read 'A Mother's Work' and I guess those who've been following the series until now can guess the probable outcome.

Gemma!

Shall begin a new series tomorrow - Banshee. Just 10 episodes so it should be done in a few days' time. The second season begins airing January 2014.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:41   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Saw the finale yesterday. Somehow it all got too dramatic. Maybe that was how it was supposed to go down. I feel things are now happening just for the sake of it.

EDIT: Also completed the entire Breaking Bad series finally. Now that was some ending! No loose ends! But why did they have to show New Hampshire covered in snow all the time?? LOL It does clear up here at least 8 months out of 12.
Dramatic and sad finale. SOA is becoming too depressing off late. All the fun and humor is gone.

Also saw Walking dead mid season finale. Action packed and really good.
Old 13th December 2013, 00:15   #922
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

what happened to MAD MEN ? Why is not on air on STAR WORLD PREMIERE. DAD, GOLDBERG, LAST MAN STANDING, I find these series un-interesting.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:46   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Guys,

what happened to MAD MEN ? Why is not on air on STAR WORLD PREMIERE. DAD, GOLDBERG, LAST MAN STANDING, I find these series un-interesting.
If I am not wrong, Star World premiere HD is only supposed to air current shows, not old shows. And the next season of Mad men is not due for some more time I think (early 2014)
Old 15th December 2013, 03:26   #924
Team-BHP Support

Started watching Banshee a while back and this serial is so much fun - pure unadulterated action. Wrapped up 4 episodes in a go and had to call it a day - 3 AM now!

The serial is about an ex-convict who takes the identity of a murdered sheriff in a fictional town of Banshee, Pennsylvania and forces his form of justice. Season 1 concluded early this year and has just 10 episodes each lasting anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour tops. Season 2 premieres Jan. 10 2014.

PS: This is a mature serial! There is violence, bloodshed and nudity so it isn't a good idea to watch this when parents/kids are around or while commuting in public transport.
Old 16th December 2013, 22:15   #925
Team-BHP Support

Forgot to update!

Wrapped up Banshee yesterday evening and that was one hell of marathon! Absolutely loved this serial. Guys, if you like raw action (read The Raid Redemption types) and don't care much about the storyline, trust me on this - you have to give this a watch! First season has just 10 episodes and by the time you've seen the first two, you will be hooked unlike the others that take time to grow on you. No trailers can do justice to this. The serial has some of the best hand-to-hand combat and fight choreography sequences I have ever seen. So intense and brutal!

Also watched Homeland's season finale and it was a bit depressing. I am not sure what the showrunner has in mind for the next season. They could have very well wrapped up the series with this season.

Orphan Black is next on the list. Just 10 episodes so the weekend should be perfect to wrap it up. Will continue The Sopranos after that. Been backlogged for a long LONG time!
Old 18th December 2013, 20:16   #926
Senior - BHPian

Luther
A very good crime show. Brilliantly acted and directed. Just like Sherlock it has few episodes per season but worth watching each of them.
Old 18th December 2013, 22:25   #927

My favourites are x files and dexter. Brilliant shows man really love the way the plots progress. In love with Dana Scully.
Old 18th December 2013, 23:16   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Blacklist on premiere, and Almost human on star world.
I had blacklist recorded for ages, and I started watching yesterday. Went through 6 episodes at a go! Very well done.

And almost human, I didn't even know about. Accidentally saw the season opener, stars Karl Urban. That was enough to make me watch it. Really nice.
Old 19th December 2013, 04:17   #929
BHPian

The homeland season finale was such a let down after the tremendous closing of the breaking bad series. For me homeland went down totally in this season with some inane storyline and twists. What started as one of the best series became such pedestrian stuff that it made me cringe. Btw, caught mad dogs on the flight to Phoenix and it sure was mad interms of concept and the typical British humor , liked the 3 episodes that I saw.
Old 19th December 2013, 05:15   #930
Team-BHP Support

Any 'Hostages' fans here? I've been watching the show since some time now, and checking if others did too.

Most Viewed