Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2014, 23:48   #1171
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Currently watching

Yeh Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti on Zindagi mostly to listen to Punjabi as is spoken in Lahore and was spoken by my late grandmother and other elders in our family.

The 'chaska' of watching these Pakistani serials started a month back when I accidentally tuned in to 'Noorpur Ki Rani' on Zindagi. The lead female character was speaking chaste Urdu and it reminded me of my Grandfather trying to teach me the nuances of 'tehzeeb ki zubaan'

The serials on Zindagi are such a relief against the backdrop of Cacophony that our everyday serials are.

On the other side of the pond these days am watching "The World from Above" on Disocevery, Monty Don's Gardens & The Good wife.
Old 8th October 2014, 16:17   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Absolutely.
Latest episode and all the ones this season have so many body counts i wonder if by the last episode anyone will stay alive
I was kind sad to see the people killed in latest episode with no fault of theirs.
Also, the way it ended expect double the body count next episode.
Well, the last episode had relatively fewer body count. I guess we all needed a breather.

Now, waiting for Walking Dead to start this Sunday. I wonder how Rick and company will get out of the pickle they were left in at the end of the last season.
Old 8th October 2014, 16:37   #1173

This is my list.
1.TopGear
2.Game of thrones
3.Mentalist
4.Sherlock
5.Friends
6.Big Bang Theory
7.Two and a half men
8.Entourage
9.Fringe
10.Suits
I know it seems like a lot. But it took me almost 4 years to watch all this.and quite frankly some among them are just awesome in its own way. Fringe can be an exception since it gets boring after 3 rd season.
Old 8th October 2014, 17:29   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Well, the last episode had relatively fewer body count. I guess we all needed a breather.

Now, waiting for Walking Dead to start this Sunday. I wonder how Rick and company will get out of the pickle they were left in at the end of the last season.
The teaser of SoA mentioned this will be bloody but I didn't expected it to be so bloody.

Eagerly waiting for Walking dead and Arrow.
Old 9th October 2014, 16:09   #1175
Team-BHP Support

My goodness! Sons of Anarchy Season 7 is a complete mayhem!

I caught up with all the episodes so far. I really hope Kurt Sutter & Co. will wrap up the series with a bang. Unlike how Dexter ended. The storyline has been really good so far.

Person of Interest and Homeland has also resumed. The Walking Dead begins airing this Sunday. Can’t wait!
Old 9th October 2014, 21:36   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Pace yourself.
It's only on episode 12 of season 2. Week seems interminable!
And I did, Halted the season 3 mid-way as it was getting somewhat boring, will pick it up later.

Finished season 1 of Under the dome & on season 2 now but watching it with a slower pace

Quote:
Anybody watching this last season of Sons of Anarchy? This has to be the most gory and bloody of all the seasons. I am sure it will surpass Rambo in body count by the end of this season, if it has not already!
Damn, not sure why but I was under the impression that SOA series is over

Gotta pick it up soon.
Old 13th October 2014, 08:31   #1177
Senior - BHPian

The Walking Dead season opener hit a new level of gross with the scene of the burning zombie feeding.
Oh and I didnt know the rockets used in fireworks worked with great precision
Old 13th October 2014, 20:21   #1178
Team-BHP Support

The Walking Dead's season premiere was awesome! Don't miss out on the post credits sequence!

I'll have to continue with the game's second season. Had paused it at the second episode. For those who love the serial and hasn't played the game yet, please please do! It is an interactive adventure game unlike the usual bunch and works with any barebone PC/laptop without the need for high end hardware. The first season walked away with several GOTY (game of the year) awards for 2012.

Quote:
I didnt know the rockets used in fireworks worked with great precision
Exactly my thoughts at that time!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th October 2014 at 20:24.
Old 24th October 2014, 13:28   #1179
Senior - BHPian

3 series that I have started watching.

Peaky Blinders - a series about the Peaky Blinders gang that was based in Birginham. Cillian Murphy is the lead. Crime drama. Loved it and the first season is available on Netflix - 6 episodes only. 2 episodes are out on the second season. Very good acting and I love it.

Low Winter Sun - a series that was cancelled by AMC after the first season. It reminded me of "The Wire". The one and only series was really, really good. Police, Crime drama. Good acting all around and maybe would have done well if not for Breaking Bad running at the same time.

The Walking Dead - just started watching it. Thankfully 6 seasons are available on Netflix. Just finished watching the pilot. Might end up as my "steady" series for some weeks to come
Old 25th October 2014, 00:30   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Finished season 2 of Under the Dome, last episode was pretty interesting.

Also started Arrow Season 3 on Hulu.

Agents of Shield Season 2 is on going

Would be finishing Suits season 3 & picking up Sons of Anarchy
Old 25th October 2014, 10:02   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Legends

With Sean bean as the lead, this is an outright spook series with him taking on different legends going undercover for the government. And questioning whether his real life persona is real or just a legend itself.
3 episodes in, and it's quite engaging.
The best part is that we finally know what happens in a TV series or movie if Sean bean does not die.
Old 27th October 2014, 20:07   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Watched an Episode of Transporter on TNT, its on the same theme as the movies but changed slightly for TV series. Decent effort but poor execution, so giving it a skip for now.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:05   #1183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My god, what an unbelievably captivating show - How to get away with Murder. If you like drama, if you like crime, if you like your brain to work....WATCH IT!

Easily on par with my other favourite, House of Cards.

Giving both a full rating of 5 / 5 stars.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:21   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My god, what an unbelievably captivating show - How to get away with Murder. If you like drama, if you like crime, if you like your brain to work....WATCH IT!

Easily on par with my other favourite, House of Cards.

Giving both a full rating of 5 / 5 stars.
Its good but too cheesy at times. Also, they could have ensemble a better cast as few characters seriously lac acting skills.

After a brilliant start The Walking dead is again in no man's land with the scriptwriter looking confused how to expand the story.

The Good wife is exceeding all my expectations this time. Easily, the best show this season.
Old 6th November 2014, 11:51   #1185
Team-BHP Support

Last episode of The Walking Dead was surprisingly good! Sons of Anarchy has 3 more episodes left before the series wraps up and I suppose we all know how this is going to end. Last episode was a bit depressing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks