Recently completed:
Parenthood
The Last Man on Earth
Homeland
Covert Affairs
The Americans
Old 25th October 2015, 16:28   #1367
Team-BHP Support

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Guys, has Tom & Jerry's show been stopped on cartoon Network? Is it showed somewhere else?

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:03   #1368
Team-BHP Support

I started watching 'Prison Break' on Netflix a week or so ago.
Although it started out a bit slow, it quickly picked up in pace, and pretty soon, i completed watching Season 1. Now to start with Season 2.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:26   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I started watching 'Prison Break' on Netflix a week or so ago.
Although it started out a bit slow, it quickly picked up in pace, and pretty soon, i completed watching Season 1. Now to start with Season 2.
2 thumbs up for Prison Break. Watched it during college days. T- bag was the most bad ass character on TV at the time.. Brilliant acting. Brilliant music score.

But the series goes downhill after season 2. Season three has some plot twists and some 'turning the tables around'.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:42   #1370
BHPian

I have finished these for now:
1. True Detective
2. Breaking Bad
3. Person of Interest
4. Vikings
5. Hannibal
6. GOT
7. Better Call Saul
8. Mr Robot
9. The Americans
10. The Blacklist

Currently watching:
1. The Sopranos
2. Sherlock Season 2

Would rate pretty much all that I have watched as good (yes, watched them only after feedback). Breaking Bad, True Detective and Mr. Robot are the best in my opinion. Sherlock is brilliant too. Hannibal and Vikings are have some gore but have great performances. The Americans should definitely not be watched with parents.

Very little on my plate really

Last edited by pratyush6 : 2nd November 2015 at 12:51.
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:00   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

In my early 20's I used to love American shows.. mid-2000's i.e.. I'd say that the 90's till around that time was the golden age of American shows, simple, intelligent and the time when just about everything was original. Nowadays shows simply do not hold me interested for longer than 5 mins, with all the hoopla about Breaking Bad I decided to try 1 episode & nearly fell asleep in 10 mins - shows these days rely on continuity and suspense, something I do not have the patience for.

Some shows I liked were the early seasons of CSI Miami due to the stellar cast, and a few legal shows. I'd say hands down Boston Legal was THE ultimate legal show in terms of entertainment value.. Bill Shatner just killed it as the fickle minded, easily distracted, immature yet brilliant Denny Crane and James Spader complimented him perfectly. Shatner was about to written off as a joke (deservedly so) until this piece de resistance role which put him right up there amongst the best, playing a gun-toting white conservative even though he himself is Jewish in real. The political debates in the show were highly controversial for its time yet the show pulled it off with ease, amongst other legal issues of race & class plaguing modern America -10/10 in my view.

Last edited by dark.knight : 2nd November 2015 at 13:03.
Old 7th November 2015, 01:14   #1372
BHPian

So BBC Sherlock will mark it's return on 1st Jan'16.
Just saw the promo video on fb and looks like this time the series is set in 19th century.
It could be a special of a single episode too.

Can't wait already
Old 7th November 2015, 11:45   #1373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
with all the hoopla about Breaking Bad I decided to try 1 episode & nearly fell asleep in 10 mins - shows these days rely on continuity and suspense, something I do not have the patience for.
The first season itself is relatively slow. True, many shows rely on continuity, but there are many others which don't and are excellent. Modern Family being one of them.

Though if you find the time, do try out Breaking Bad. It really picks up after the first few episodes.
Old 7th November 2015, 15:21   #1374
BHPian

Dont form an opinion so soon. Breaking bad is an amazing journey. The story has a longish arch. Stay with it, you shall not be disappointed!
Old 8th November 2015, 18:46   #1375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The first season itself is relatively slow. True, many shows rely on continuity, but there are many others which don't and are excellent. Modern Family being one of them.
Ah yes I didn't get to the comedies part, though Modern Family & Big Bang Theory qualify as half-comedies but very good nonetheless. As far as my favourite sitcoms go :

1) Curb Your Enthusiasm (all time best)
2) Seinfeld
3) That 70's Show
4) Two & A Half Men
5) King of Queens
6) Everybody Loves Raymond

I consider Friends as another half-comedy of sorts. Will try to give B.B another chance when it comes on t.v, since its rated ridiculously high on IMDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
Dont form an opinion so soon. Breaking bad is an amazing journey. The story has a longish arch. Stay with it, you shall not be disappointed!
Will try, although when combined with the nearly 15-20 minutes of adverts on t.v every episode becomes brutal with that already slow storyline.
Old 8th November 2015, 18:48   #1376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I consider Friends as another half-comedy of sorts. Will try to give B.B another chance when it comes on t.v, since its rated ridiculously high on IMDB.
Wouldn't recommend that. Either buy it, or stream it. But on TV over here just far too much is censored, its no fun!
Old 8th November 2015, 19:29   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Nooooo...!Dont kill the series by watching it like that. Breaking Bad and The Wire are 2 great stories told really well. I suggest the same as by another- d/l and the have a Breaking bad weekend - one after the other.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th November 2015 at 21:28. Reason: Please use the team-bhp smileys only.
Old 8th November 2015, 21:28   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
Nooooo...!😤 Dont kill the series by watching it like that. Breaking Bad and The Wire are 2 great stories told really well. I suggest the same as by another- d/l and the have a Breaking bad weekend - one after the other.
+1 to that!
BrBa is definitely the best of television!
Many people out there stop watching it after the first few episodes of season 1.
And they term it 'boring'
Old 9th November 2015, 11:27   #1379
Senior - BHPian

What am BEING made to watch these days, by the Girls (who have majority) in my home:
1900-2000 (Romedy): Ellen Degeneres - the lady indeed is funny.
2030-2100 (Romedy): Hot in Cleveland - I love Betty White.
2100-2130 (CC): Mom - Sometimes I wonder, if teenage pregnancy is SOOO high in US how come, they are not having population explosion.

The only sitcom I am really waiting for is: HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.

Regards-Sonu
Old 10th November 2015, 18:22   #1380
BHPian

Has any one seen Narcos? I'm planning it's marathon during diwali break. Wanted to know if someone's finished the entire season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks