Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 14:37   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I see there are no takers for old comedy serials
Not at all, I just made the kids watch "Mind your language" the complete series and they just love it. Will show them these series too! Thanks for the reminder.
Old 7th February 2016, 13:29   #1442
BANNED

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Not at all, I just made the kids watch "Mind your language" the complete series and they just love it. Will show them these series too! Thanks for the reminder.
You are right diyguy, I forgot to add that one to my list! And it was a family favourite at the time for all, tho' I remember a few complaints regarding racial stereotypes - but as they say, one can't please everybody! For us at home, "Mind your language" was a staple as long as it was aired.

I feel something of an old duffer amidst all these youngsters and the new action/ spy/thriller serials - mind you, I enjoy them too, but I miss the likes of Magnum P.I. and Miss Marple. We (my wife & I) still love watching re-runs of the tele-movies based on Agatha Christie's Poirot character. In fact I still look forward to the day when Raymond Chandler's stories (his Philip Marlowe tales) are made into a TV series!

Last edited by shashanka : 7th February 2016 at 13:38. Reason: Grammar!
Old 8th February 2016, 10:39   #1443
BHPian

Binge watched "The 100"
Watching suits - Reached Season 4
Started on Continium

Would love to download the "Mind your language series" if it is available for free.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:44   #1444
Team-BHP Support

A bit of a rare choice, but we've been catching up on 'Desperate Housewives'. Not everyone's cup of tea, but we find it interesting. Made our way to Season 4 now.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:56   #1445
BHPian

' Billions ' is a good tv series , based on the american stock market watch it if you all can .
Old 8th February 2016, 12:05   #1446
BHPian

Brooklyn nine-nine anybody?
Andy Samberg and Joe Lo Trugleo are just epic!
Old 8th February 2016, 12:09   #1447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Binge watched "The 100"
Watching suits - Reached Season 4
Started on Continuum

Would love to download the "Mind your language series" if it is available for free.
Continuum is decent, except for the last season, which is a bit hurried, and confused. A good binge watch, nonetheless.
Mind your language is available on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I am new to English Series, have just started watching Game of Thrones (Finished season 1), The last man on earth etc.

Could anybody recommend a good Horror show? I gave up on American Horror story after watching the first 3 episodes, pace is extremely slow. Hardly any fear.
I would suggest Penny dreadful, and The Strain. First more than the last.

Last edited by mayankk : 8th February 2016 at 12:33.
Old 8th February 2016, 12:27   #1448
Senior - BHPian

I am new to English Series, have just started watching Game of Thrones (Finished season 1), The last man on earth etc.

Could anybody recommend a good Horror show? I gave up on American Horror story after watching the first 3 episodes, pace is extremely slow. Hardly any fear.

BTW watched below series:

Ash vs Evil Dead : I am a big fan of the trilogy, This is even better! First episode is a blast.

Game of Thrones : Not to my taste, there is hardly any fight, drama drama drama.... adding to it, I had to watch each episode (season 1) twice just to understand who is who.

The last Man on Earth : Watched 1st episode, it was slow and even I started feeling LONELY during the episode.

The Flash (Season 1) : It came and went in a flash. Some episodes felt like dragged, but overall it is good.

Limitless (Season 1) : Initial few episodes are good but later when you get used to it (The PILL effect), it bores you.
Old 8th February 2016, 20:41   #1449
BHPian

Quote:

Game of thrones is awesome but you cannot watch it for action alone., it has got everything in it in terms of drama, politics, action, fantasy. once Tyrion Lannister gets going its an impressive watch. Waiting for the next season with bated breath.

I just finished Fargo season 1 and I would recommend it for the acting of Billy Bob Thornton & Martin Freeman.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th February 2016 at 22:35. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 21:10   #1450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Game of Thrones : Not to my taste, there is hardly any fight, drama drama drama.... adding to it, I had to watch each episode (season 1) twice just to understand who is who.
Don't give up on GoT just yet. It does take a couple of episodes to grow on you. Characterisation does take some time to understand but once you get a hang of it, it deserves every bit of praise that it gets.

--

Finished two seasons of the "The Fall". It's good, but nothing spectacular. The best part about the series is the Irish accent

The Fall = 3 stars.

I am not sure how the story will continue in the third season...
Old 8th February 2016, 22:37   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Now watching The Fall, another serial killer based BBC series. I have finished season 1 & on Season 2 now, its very engaging series & it was refreshing to see Gillian Anderson after such a long time. The Northern Irish accents make this series even more interesting to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Finished two seasons of the "The Fall". It's good, but nothing spectacular. The best part about the series is the Irish accent

The Fall = 3 stars.

I am not sure how the story will continue in the third season...
+ 1

While the narration & direction keeps you hooked, the story was dragged in season 2 & one could spot some inconsistencies in the plot as well. And yes that Northern Irish accent is lovely.
Old 9th February 2016, 13:12   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I second Eddy. Season 1 is totally about introduction to the characters and few key events which really are the basis of how the rest of the story goes. By Season 3, I was more hooked to the series than my better half who had read the 5 books.

But yes, it is more about drama and politics. Its not much about fights really.
---
Meanwhile, I've gotten current with Blacklist. The first episodes of S3 were very interesting, but now again they've started going in circles .

Seen Fargo Season 2 Episode 3 so far, has gotten off to a decent start. Yet to buy time to finish the season.

Two series are in constant procastination: Amazon's The Man on the High Castle and the Swedish series Bron. Any reviews on them? Have been receiving mixed reviews on the former(have seen the Pilot quite some time back, seemed like a good premise) and good reviews on the latter.
Old 9th February 2016, 13:35   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]Could anybody recommend a good Horror show? I gave up on American Horror story after watching the first 3 e

This is exactly what I felt when I started watching Game of Thrones. I saw 5-6 Episodes of first season and stopped watching. It bored me to death and also left me confused most part.

Then one day, when I had nothing to do, I binge watched the complete season 1 again and started on Season 2. I was addicted by then. Finished all the remaining seasons on the trot. Subscribed HBO Defined to catch the last season. It really grows on you. The characterization is brilliant. In fact takes a couple of seasons to really get your favorites in the show.

Big Fan now and eagerly waiting for next season.

That apart, Binge watched Agents of shield season 2 over the weekend. I like the way they are tying up the MCU. Events of Season 3 now seemingly leading to pave way for Captain America Civil War.
Old 9th February 2016, 21:05   #1454
Senior - BHPian

@eddy @Technocrat @narayans80 @vibbs

Thanks guys. Will give GoT another chance.

Started watching The Walking Dead from yesterday currently on EP02. EP01 was a average start, lets see how it goes further from here on.
Old 9th February 2016, 21:09   #1455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@eddy @Technocrat @narayans80 @vibbs

Thanks guys. Will give GoT another chance.

Started watching The Walking Dead from yesterday currently on EP02. EP01 was a average start, lets see how it goes further from here on.
Stop TWD and start Game of Thrones immediately, lest you forget all the characters once again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks