Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 20:09   #1546
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Just finished watching "Trapped" after many recommendations on this thread and I loved it. It's not action packed but a well told story. The series is paced very well - at no point it feels like its stalling, always moving forward with new revelations in every episode.
Old 15th May 2016, 21:03   #1547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Just finished watching "Trapped" after many recommendations on this thread and I loved it. It's not action packed but a well told story. The series is paced very well - at no point it feels like its stalling, always moving forward with new revelations in every episode.
Kinda off topic but every time I see a post by you, I want to find a mistake so badly. Just so that I can have the pleasure of replying, "You know nothing, Jon Snow! "
Old 15th May 2016, 21:27   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Kinda off topic but every time I see a post by you, I want to find a mistake so badly. Just so that I can have the pleasure of replying, "You know nothing, Jon Snow! "

When I joined team-bhp I knew nothing about cars so that name popped up when I was wondering about what username I should choose
Old 17th May 2016, 14:27   #1549
Team-BHP Support

The sixth season of Game of Thrones began slowly, but has picked up marginally. I hope it keeps on improving.

As far as I am concerned, all the earlier seasons were a "binge watch", so this experience of watching one episode per week is a little different.
Old 17th May 2016, 22:10   #1550
BHPian

I Initially avoided watching Narcos as was expecting an over-the-top, violent series, full of unpleasant characters.
Well, here I am after a sleepless night, binge watching the entire season.
Once I started watching, I found a beautifully written, beautifully acted drama, full of compelling three-dimensional characters. Part of what works about Narcos is that its look at the rise of the drug cartels in Colombia is told through the eyes of American DEA agent Steve Murphy. Murphy is neither saint nor sinner, but a likable, relatable figure, doing his best to make sense out of the chaos that was Colombia in the 80's.
Wagner Moura's portrayal of Pablo Escobar--part evil genius, part paranoid--is nuanced and riveting.
And it should be mentioned that even though men drive the story in Narcos, there is still room for interesting female characters. Unlike many shows about violent subcultures, the women are far more than simply props in Narcos.
Old 17th May 2016, 23:57   #1551
BHPian

Anyone here follows the series Izombie?

Have been getting suggestions from a couple of friends to watch it, but I'm still a bit skeptical. So thought to get fellow bhpians views on it.
Old 18th May 2016, 09:24   #1552
BHPian

Have seen a few episodes of Izombie, most of my friends watch it. It's a mix of sarcasm, some suspense and a whole lot of gore. Also some dark humor in bits. Have heard that the plot is good overall but lacks depth. Only watch it if you are looking for a light entertainment.

Another brilliant show with dark comedy, sarcasm, cheesy lines and lots of gore is Ash vs Evil Dead. Currently finished with season 1 and its fun watching 60y.o Bruce Campbell from the original Evil Dead series(1981) slash up zombies and say some hilariously cheesy lines every now and then.

Last edited by Skyline_GT : 18th May 2016 at 09:30.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:47   #1553
BHPian

Happen to see this trailer of Prison break.

More information of the shows are in the below link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4928092/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_Break_(miniseries)

Prison Break Season-1 was the best of all. It was too good. Then it became boring and like a usual stuff.

Shows I'm watching/watched recently and my view on them.

Trapped (Icelandic TV series) - Half way through in that show. The place looks so awesome and Story is gripping. Got to finish this soon.

Marvels Agents of Shield Season 3 is also good. But its little bit draggy in the middle with sentiments and other stuffs.

Scandal - Got fed up of that show. Seriously, first they separate, next episode they will feel for it and next they get together. Had enough of this through out 4 seasons already.

Limitless season 1 was also good. Waiting for season 2. This show is like a curve. Story gets interesting and then gets too bored. The season finale was good though.

The Flash just gets better every episode. Don't know why, but i like this show.

Arrows Getting interesting. Waiting to see how they take on Damien Darhk.

Supergirl This is a good show but not a great one. Watching it for supergirl -Melissa Benoist though.

Criminal Minds This show never feels bored. Each episode is nicely laid out interlinking one another. They tried to make two other version of this namely Criminal minds beyond borders (currently running) and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (only one season) which were very bad.

Damien Looks good but I personally lost interest. Might see when I'm really free.

Castle This is coming to an end, due to some problem with lead actress payment or so. Looking forward on how they are going to finish this show.

Quantico The story line is good. Liked the way they finished it, so that they can carry on with Season 2 from there.

Last edited by gm_arun : 18th May 2016 at 10:48. Reason: corrected repeated words
Old 18th May 2016, 14:38   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_GT View Post
Have seen a few episodes of Izombie, most of my friends watch it. It's a mix of sarcasm, some suspense and a whole lot of gore. Also some dark humor in bits. Have heard that the plot is good overall but lacks depth. Only watch it if you are looking for a light entertainment.

Another brilliant show with dark comedy, sarcasm, cheesy lines and lots of gore is Ash vs Evil Dead. Currently finished with season 1 and its fun watching 60y.o Bruce Campbell from the original Evil Dead series(1981) slash up zombies and say some hilariously cheesy lines every now and then.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll consider watching Izombie then, maybe over the weekend. I've started with another show named - Fresh Off The Boat and more or less like their style of comedy as well.

Ash vs Evil Dead will have to wait for now I guess.
Old 24th May 2016, 09:12   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_arun View Post

Shows I'm watching/watched recently and my view on them.

The Flash just gets better every episode. Don't know why, but i like this show.

Arrows Getting interesting. Waiting to see how they take on Damien Darhk.

Supergirl This is a good show but not a great one. Watching it for supergirl -Melissa Benoist though.

Castle This is coming to an end, due to some problem with lead actress payment or so. Looking forward on how they are going to finish this show.

I'm on the same boat as you gm_arun. Flash & Arrow have been great this year and Supergirl is a fresh look. Initially I thought it would be too girly, but the cast really pulled if off, especially Melissa.

Castle - sad to see it end. Loved the chemistry between the lead pair. Nathan Fillion's best after Firefly.

Also watching Legends of Tomorrow and House re-runs on TV.
Old 24th May 2016, 11:25   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Daredevil is a nice watch.. only 2 seasons out so far
Old 25th May 2016, 00:25   #1557
Team-BHP Support

Game of Thrones is going the "Lost" way I feel. They are over-complexifying the plot and will leave too many questions unanswered !
Old 25th May 2016, 00:43   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Game of Thrones is going the "Lost" way I feel. They are over-complexifying the plot and will leave too many questions unanswered !
You are saying this after watching the latest episode?

Game of Thrones has always been complex right from the start. That's what you get when you throw 7 kingdoms into the mix.

Funny you should mention Lost. I watched that series for 4 seasons and change and then just walked away from it. More like moved on to watching more interesting things and never felt the pang to go back and finish it.
Old 25th May 2016, 13:21   #1559
Team-BHP Support

It was always complex, no doubt. But like Lost, they are introducing time travel and too much sci fi stuff which I think is over complicating the entire plot.

The "regular" subplots of the war between the seven kingdoms is going good though
Old 28th May 2016, 12:49   #1560
BHPian

Watched The Night Manager. It was a good watch. Hugh Laurie just steals the show!

Also watched The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story- Highly Recommended, a must watch. Based on a true story and what I loved was how close the actors resembled with the original characters of the real world.

Now starting with And Then There Were None. Lets see how it is!

Last edited by Sherlocked : 28th May 2016 at 12:50.

Most Viewed